Mr. Grier, what have you done? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

It's weird when people say stuff like this as if the Dolphins have been a relevant team winning playoff games.

I'm negative about this team because the product it consistently puts on the field for the last 20 years.

The onus to prove themselves not insane is on those who think this team is gonna be good every year. I sure as hell wouldn't gloat about being wrong for the last 2 decades ... on repeat.

Chris Grier deserves the same praise as this football team. Which is none until it produces results.
I bet you’re a real hit at parties

I couldnt imagine being a die hard dolphins fan. I feel bad for you guys. Every year its the same hope, and the same end result. 20 years of we are going to be great must get old. Don't get me wrong I like the dolphins, but I'm not die hard.
“Us guys”. What are we aliens? Lol…We’re different..

And I dont think wiping the slate clean when you have a new coaching staff is diehard, I think it’s logical.

I think being negative because of how the past has treated you is a waste of time and happiness

“Us guys”. What are we aliens? Lol…We’re different..

And I dont think wiping the slate clean when you have a new coaching staff is diehard, I think it’s logical.

I think being negative because of how the past has treated you is a waste of time and happiness
I could swear there were forums last year with this same blinded optimism. Team will be great, Tua will set records, same old story. Rinse and repeat.

Thank god for Chris Grier.

Sorry your idiot boss cost us valuable draft picks.

Our handicap is ownership.
That ownership stepped up to the plate this off season. Bonehead move on Ross's part with Brady and Payton. But still did a great job this off season.

So my answer to your question is that both have something in common. They were drafted two years ago as 20 year-old players. Austin’s first year was also hampered by coming off a bone marrow procedure to save his sister’s life. Noah had played one season as a CB before being drafted. When you couple that with probably inferior coaching at the NFL level the last two years , then I think I am going to give them a pass for now. After this year if we don’t see considerable improvement , then maybe it was the wrong decision.

Agree. 2020 Dolphims draft was seen by some draft experts as one that could be stellar in 2022. We are now on that year. What I read is Tua was injured, and those kind of Injuries at least take a year and a half to recover, Jackson was an athletic freak that needed lots of coaching and experience and Igby was really new to the position. Hunt, Davis and Brandon Jones are starters. I think Allen and McKenzie are the real brains behind the last drafts, starting on 2020. I dont want to get my hopes very high, but I think from what I've read from offseason reports, both Igby and Jackson are improving and if that is for real, then having Tua at a very good level would make the projection those experts made on 2020 draft on target. And that should make us happy, and of course I would gladly give Grier lots of credit for that. 2021 draft was a master piece one and if EE, Tindall and Thompson continue to develop like this, 2022 would be a very good one with very few resources.

I could swear there were forums last year with this same blinded optimism. Team will be great, Tua will set records, same old story. Rinse and repeat.
And we were "half right" - LOL
You, on the other hand were "half wrong" - LOL

Which group do you feel enjoyed the season more? - LOL

I’m not praising Grier yet but to say……”he’s done nothing to improve the team”!??
Armstead, Hill?
View attachment 115558
We’ve been off-season champs for the last 20 years. I’m not giving any credit for off season moves until the results show on the field. When I said, he’s done nothing to improve the team, I was talking about the past seasons. The Dolphins records since he became GM are 10-6, 6-10, 7-9, 5-11, 10-6, 9-8. Total record: 47-50. I don’t see any improvements here.

We’ve been off-season champs for the last 20 years. I’m not giving any credit for off season moves until the results show on the field. When I said, he’s done nothing to improve the team, I was talking about the past seasons. The Dolphins records since he became GM are 10-6, 6-10, 7-9, 5-11, 10-6, 9-8. Total record: 47-50. I don’t see any improvements here.
Um, like I said I’m not praising him at this point either but he’s clearly made a super effort to improve this team this past offseason.

Shouldn't you have said "I don’t see any improvements YET. - LOL

I could agree with you then.

It's the new HC's first year with this team and he has clearly made some positive changes. Let's enjoy this season. I anticipate we will have a much more competitive offence. There never was much wrong with our defense.

Totally new concept:
Let's see what the results on the field will be before we start complaining!

I couldnt imagine being a die hard dolphins fan. I feel bad for you guys. Every year its the same hope, and the same end result. 20 years of we are going to be great must get old. Don't get me wrong I like the dolphins, but I'm not die hard.
See as a die hard fan -1st off - I have seen a lot of success and still remember the mid 80s so that part is cool - 2nd - I love the chase of it - it's almost more fun. Im also a die hard yankees fan - and there's times where that's harder because the expectations are drastically different. So in reality - to me - it's a lot of fun being a die hard Fins fan!

Back
Top Bottom