Mr. Grier, what have you done? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

The usual Chris Grier off-season praise. In the past years it was around week 4 of the regular season when it cooled down. He’s done nothing to improve the team, it’s the same average team, he’s the definition of average. Let’s see how the team does this season before giving him any credit.

Fun fact: he left the Patriots for the Dolphins in 2000. The Dolphins are 1-4 in the playoffs since, the Patriots are 30-12. They have played 42 playoff games, we have played 5. Maybe he isn’t even average.
Maybe New England had better coaches, a better system, and were better cheaters. Nobody can claim that we are good cheaters, we get caught.

I'm confused how can there be so much excitement for this season yet there's hate for the GM. Geez agendas, oh well for me I'm just going to enjoy this season. PHINZ UP!!!
Unfortunately because of certain people just project negativity. I feel bad for them because they are stuck in the dark.

Better and better and better. - LOL
Man, all this does is make me realize how much Ross cost us by losing that number one pick. We probably would've been able to get an elite pass rusher with that pick… Now it's gone, much like the owner should be.

Who brought us Jackson and Noah?
So my answer to your question is that both have something in common. They were drafted two years ago as 20 year-old players. Austin’s first year was also hampered by coming off a bone marrow procedure to save his sister’s life. Noah had played one season as a CB before being drafted. When you couple that with probably inferior coaching at the NFL level the last two years , then I think I am going to give them a pass for now. After this year if we don’t see considerable improvement , then maybe it was the wrong decision.

True, but he does have the final say - most GM's do.

We may disagre a little. Grier may have a tie-breaker vote (though I doubt that ever happens). But, if scouts, position coach, coordinator, HC want JJ watt, I doubt Grier would select Jonathan Martin. IMO, Grier defers to those who evaluate for a living and will live with the pick. He's involved in setting the board, but, that done, the board makes decisions, barring exceptions.

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So nice you gotta say it twice!

Kidding though. I know he was involved in the scouting dept before but since he became our GM he has torn down a roster with no real chance of competing and rebuilt it into a much more talented team (on paper) with a much improved cap situation, all without hemorrhaging the future (that’s our owner’s job). All this in a situation that was FUBAR behind the scenes.

I expect this season to be his crowning achievement and for him to be a finalist in the executive of the year race

Yeah, I've said pretty much all along its dumb to judge him based on his time as a co-gm or scout. A couple choices can be the difference in a good team and a bad team, if a guy doesn't have full control how do you even judge his input?

Zach Thomas was drafted in the 5th round!! I wonder if he's the best 5th rounder of all time. Put the guy in the HOF!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF already!!!!!!!! He rightfully belongs there.
Me and my 54 jersey couldn’t agree more. I believe Reshad Jones was a 5th rounder as well and he was considered one of the best safeties in the league at one point. They’re more the exception than the rule, though. Anything after a 4th round pick isn’t even guaranteed to make the team their rookie year, but it’s awesome when they pan out on a Zach Thomas level.

Reactions: BSQ
We may disagre a little. Grier may have a tie-breaker vote (though I doubt that ever happens). But, if scouts, position coach, coordinator, HC want JJ watt, I doubt Grier would select Jonathan Martin. IMO, Grier defers to those who evaluate for a living and will live with the pick. He's involved in setting the board, but, that done, the board makes decisions, barring exceptions.
True, but having the "tie breaker" is having the final say in things.
I say this because the tie would be between the GM and the HC.
All the others you talk about are simply advisors.

Déjà vu all over again :-)
Was that original, or did you make it up yourself? - LOL

Something to think about, other than what sound does one hand clapping make - LOL
By the way, the sound made is a "swish" - LOL

True, but having the "tie breaker" is having the final say in things.
I say this because the tie would be between the GM and the HC.
All the others you talk about are simply advisors.

I can see that, but, if HC, scouts, coordinators, position coach prefer Unitias, I don't call that a tie, even if the others are advisors. That said, once the board is set, I see little internal debate unless a trade is offered or the next two players on the board are essentially equal.

Was that original, or did you make it up yourself? - LOL

Something to think about, other than what sound does one hand clapping make - LOL
By the way, the sound made is a "swish" - LOL
I wish I could remember my friend… but it's all in a purple haze

Back
Top Bottom