Muhsin Muhammed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muhsin Muhammed

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
ESPN states that he could possibly be cut. Yes he is somewhat injury prone, but is still very talented, and has a lot more left than Marcus Robinson. Has the really nice size that Turner loves with mixed with great speed. Prouduced 830 yards with crappy QB play as the #1. Carolina thinks that Steve Smith can be the #1 with 870 yards, but Muhammed was taking a lot more pressure.

Would be a very good upgrade to the receiving core. My guess is McKnight would be cut, since we just signed Thompson and it would be expensive to keep all three of them.

how much of a cap hit would we take for cutting McKnight? and I really don't think we should cut McKnight, he was doing well towards the end of the seasons

I've got an idea that there may be a lot of people who wind up looking at the Want Ads around the beginning of June - and perhaps Wannstedt, et al, are waiting to see just who might hit the streets before grabbing someone - that is, I hope, unless a real gem hits the wire. We do need another WR in a bad way, but I think the real need is a good LT. Maybe we can bring Webb back for a season and let Smith learn from him, if he will and can.

Muhammed is a good, productive receiver. Very underrated and unknown. How fast is he? I think I remember him making some big plays in 2001.

Steve Smith is not a #1 WR.. but they are the Panthers so who really cares? :confused:

I don't think WR is that high I on Wannstedt list, I they are pretty confident with the WR they have now.

WR Muhammad

WR Muhsin Muhammad
6'2 217
5/5/73

3511-1.jpg

Career Highlights

-Carolina's all-time leader with 368 receptions, 4,686 receiving yards and 15 100-yard receiving games.

-Ranks second all-time for the Panthers with 22 touchdowns.

-Led the NFC and tied for the NFL lead in receptions in 2000 with 102, becoming the first player to lead the NFC in receptions in back-to-back seasons since Sterling Sharpe in 1992 and 1993 with Green Bay.

-102 receptions in 2000 bettered his team mark of 96 catches set in 1999, while his 1,183 receiving yards were surpassed only by his club record of 1,253 yards, which was established in 1999.

-In 2000, he became the first player in Panthers history to register two 1,000 yard receiving seasons as well as the first player to do so in consecutive campaigns.

-Produced five 100-yard receiving games in 2000, tying the team record he and Patrick Jeffers set in 1999.

-Led the NFC in receptions and was selected to his first Pro Bowl in 1999.

-Set Carolina single-game records with 11 catches and three touchdowns versus San Francisco (12/18/99).

-Teamed with Patrick Jeffers to become the first receiving tandem in team history to each surpass 1,000 receiving yards in a season in 2000.

-Career-high 192 receiving yards at New Orleans (9/13/98) set a team record.

-Scored his first NFL touchdown on a 54-yard reception versus St. Louis (10/13/96), the Panthers longest scoring play of the 1996 season.

-Started his first NFL game at Jacksonville (9/29/96) and equaled his season high with 96 yards receiving on five catches.

-In his professional debut, he caught a team-high six passes for 96 yards, all in the second half, at New Orleans (9/8/96).
img5718111-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhammed is a great WR and could make our WR core something to watch out for with Chambers and Muhammed alongside each other.

That being said, I'm not sure the Panthers will cut him, and I don't see how the Dolphins could even make space for him when Knight and Griese are bigger priorities.

It's certainly something that would be awesome, but I don't see it happening.

I still don't understand though. A great #2 receiver is not a bigger upgrade than a backup QB or a SS. SS is one of the least important positions in the game.

I'm a Dolphin fan trapped in Charlotte. The Panthers are my 2nd favorite team and I keep up with them pretty close also. There has been nothing in the locals about ANYTHING to do with cutting Musin.
I do wish the Fins would get him. He tends to let little things keep him out of games but when he is healthy he is a force to contend with.
I think the chances are slim that he will be released though. With Walls retiring and Steve Smith staying in trouble the Panthers need Musin worse than the Fins. The Panthers signed Ricky Prole and Frank Sanders but neither are replacements for Musin.

Check the Charlotte Observer. I do not think they got Dyson just to be a #3 for them.

Originally posted by Jaj
I still don't understand though. A great #2 receiver is not a bigger upgrade than a backup QB or a SS. SS is one of the least important positions in the game.

I feel what you're saying, but I see it from a different view. Griese is a guy who went from 19TDs/4INTs/ProBowl to Dogs/Alcohol/June 1st cut. Knight on the other hand, is a guy who can put this D over the top. So that's two Pro Bowl potential guys.

Muhammad on the other hand, is a better receiver than McKnight and Thompson, but the question is.. does he give a BIGGER upgrade from the team's standpoint, than Griese or Knight? :confused:

I guess it all depends on how many teams are interested and who we cut and how much money we wind up with by June..

Frank Sanders signed with the Ravens.

If they release Muhammad their WR's would look like this..
1.Smith
2.Dyson
3.Proel

That isn't terrible, for a terrible team like they are.. :lol:

Muhammed's 40 time is supposedly around 4.46. That is absolutely awesome for a 217 guy with 6'2" height. He has good hands in addition. His cap number for the Panthers is pretty high and they are not that far under the cap as some of you may think.

Originally posted by Jaj
ESPN states that he could possibly be cut. Yes he is somewhat injury prone, but is still very talented, and has a lot more left than Marcus Robinson. Has the really nice size that Turner loves with mixed with great speed. Prouduced 830 yards with crappy QB play as the #1. Carolina thinks that Steve Smith can be the #1 with 870 yards, but Muhammed was taking a lot more pressure.

Would be a very good upgrade to the receiving core. My guess is McKnight would be cut, since we just signed Thompson and it would be expensive to keep all three of them.

Noone thinks Steve Smith can be a #1 reciever in the NFL. At best he is a good #3. Muhammed is a below average starting reciever who at one time was considered to be good. But even so he would get more than the Dolphins could offer if he hit the fa market.

Hmm 870 yards is not good enough to be a #2 in a run heavy, crappy offense?

Average starting receiver? If he started all 16 he would have gone 920 yards. That is good for that offense and QB play. You call that average, Chambers would have trouble producing that much there.

Back
Top Bottom