Muhsin Muhammed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muhsin Muhammed

The Dolphins, content with their wide receivers, would welcome back Oronde Gadsden but won't sign a mid-level veteran, coach Dave Wannstedt said Thursday
Wannstedt said the Dolphins don't need a lot of receivers because tight end Randy McMichael and running back Ricky Williams will stay on the field often for third down. He said the team also wants to get fullback Rob Konrad more involved.

Originally posted by Jaj
I still don't understand though. A great #2 receiver is not a bigger upgrade than a backup QB or a SS. SS is one of the least important positions in the game.

In the remote chance that Muhammed would come to Miami, it certainly wouldn't be as a #2 reciever.

Originally posted by inFINSible

yes, and we were fine at OLB with Rodgers and Greenwood until Seau became available and Moore slid to us in the draft, and we are fine right now at Safety with Marion and Freeman unless we can sign Knight...I don't buy it...just a smoke screen to boost the morale of those we are forced to play if we cannot upgrade...we'll upgrade anywhere possible, and WR looks to be a strong possibility (weak position on team, plenty of decent veteran FAs)

Originally posted by Jaj
Hmm 870 yards is not good enough to be a #2 in a run heavy, crappy offense?

Average starting receiver? If he started all 16 he would have gone 920 yards. That is good for that offense and QB play. You call that average, Chambers would have trouble producing that much there.

You can throw stats out there. Fact is that Smith is undersized and inconsistant. Muhammed had a few big games and several games were he had little effect. You can make the argument that he produced in a crappy offense but the counter to that is the fact that he was the only offensive weapon available on that team. Therefore he had many more balls thrown his way than someone like chambers did in miami.

Carolina fans would be dancing in the streets if they had Chambers instead of Muhammed.

I would love to get this guy - he's been bringing it for years. When Carolina had a decent offense he caught for 1100+ yards two years in a row.

let's not forget the circumstances of muhhamad's stats people.......a few years ago when steve beuerline was the qb the panthers could NOT run the ball to save their lives......they also lost a lot of games so were therefore behind in the 4th quarter on a regular basis.....they threw WAY MORE then they passed back then......

james mcknight would have similar numbers in that type of offense/situation........muhammod is a pretty good wr but is hardly anything special.......he lets minor injuries keep him out of games, which is INFURIATING.......you never know when or if the guy is gonna be there for you.....

Muhamed is very talented receiver but he has been injured off and on the past two seasons.I would love to see Muhamed in a Fins uniform but I doubt the panthers really release him.I would like to see Mcknight hold on to 102 catches in 2 years yet alone 1 year.

if james mcknight was thrown to as much as mohammad was in those years he surely would have had the same production, if not more....statistically(proof) mcknight is one of the most sure handed wr's in the nfl......he is also one of the leaders in YAC(yards after the catch)......so y would you presume he wouldn't put up similar numbers?

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
if james mcknight was thrown to as much as mohammad was in those years he surely would have had the same production, if not more....statistically(proof) mcknight is one of the most sure handed wr's in the nfl......he is also one of the leaders in YAC(yards after the catch)......so y would you presume he wouldn't put up similar numbers?

Funny but Mcknight is not consistent with his hands...Yes Mcknight does great YAC but he is not realiable with his hands or at protecting the balls.Mcknight is turning 31 and if by now hasn't gotten rid of fumbles and drops passes,He'll never be reliable.Like I said if Mcknight only get his act together at holding on to the balls,He'll a good starting receiver but he hasn't.

Muhamed > Mcknight

Muhamed was consider one of top WR's but the drug suspension and injuries have slow him down.

I wouldn't be surprise Thompson ends up starting over Mcknight.The problem with Mcknight is consistency because he has great physicla tools.

mcknight STATISTICALLY(what part of that don't you understamd???) is one of the most sure handed wr's in the ENTIRE nfl.......how can you sit there and type something that is disproved by PROOF??????

mcknight is turning 31 and muhammad is turning 30.....is there any real difference?

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
mcknight STATISTICALLY(what part of that don't you understamd???) is one of the most sure handed wr's in the ENTIRE nfl.......how can you sit there and type something that is disproved by PROOF??????

mcknight is turning 31 and muhammad is turning 30.....is there any real difference?

Show me stats...
From my own conclusions
From the amount ball thrown and amount of times he fumbles or drops the ball.He is no where near sure handed wr's.

The difference Muhamed is a proven WR who can be depended on and was consider one premier WR's not too long ago.

McKnight had two bad catches that went the other way....that doesn't mean he has bad hands. We all remember the balt and jets games and we've mcdroppies him ever since, but last year he had none of those types of games and actually caught everything close to him..I say he will have a break out year..and take some pressure off Chambers. And he indeed was a receiver with YAC..the only one I remember last year who did that consistently on our team.

Originally posted by minus
The difference Muhamed is a proven WR who can be depended on and was consider one premier WR's not too long ago.

Key Word in your statement "Was

Back
Top Bottom