My 2020 Free Agency Plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2020 Free Agency Plan

I believe these players would make us much better.
Offense:
Runningback: Derrick Henry(NFL Rushing Title)
Fullback: Derrick Watt( Great Fullback)
O-Line:Brandon Scherff(RG-LG)and Jack Conklin(RT)

Defense:

Defense Line: Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney both Defense Ends.
Linebacker: Dante Fowler Jr.
Defense Backs: Byron Jones and Justin Simmons.
Cuts: Albert Wilson and Reshad Jones.

And now i add my Mock draft that you all know.
  1. R1P5
    QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    ALABAMA

R1P18
    OT JEDRICK WILLS
    ALABAMA

R1P25
    OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD
    ALABAMA

R2P5
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA

R2P30
    RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
    GEORGIA

R3P5
    G SOLOMON KINDLEY
    GEORGIA

R4P38
    S RICHARD LECOUNTE
    GEORGIA

R5P18
    CB ERIC STOKES
    GEORGIA

R5P31
    WR ISAIAH HODGINS
    OREGON STATE

R5P34
    WR GABRIEL DAVIS
    UCF

R6P5
    DL BRAVVION ROY
    BAYLOR

R6P17
    LB CASEY TOOHILL
    STANFORD

R6P29
    CB DARNAY HOLMES
    UCLA

R7P27
    G STEVEN GONZALEZ
    PENN STATE

It was not easy to cut Reshad Jones but his injuries caught up to him. I like Isiah Ford he should be kept over Albertt Wilson.

Oline could look like this

LT: Alex Leatherwood
LG:Brandon Scherff
C:Creed Humphrey
RG:Jedrick Willis(Kick him inside to learn from Conklin)
RT:Jack Conklin

This offensive line would get us the best protection for our Qb and our Rb would run wild Swifft and Henry would be a great 1-2 Punch. Solomon Kindley needs time to develop he would start in year 2 after conklin contract is up.

Roster:

Offense:

QB: Tua, Rosen, Fitzmagic( He might retire i think)
HB: Swifft, Henry, Gaskin
FB: Derrick Watt( Chandler Cox will be cut in that instance)
WR: DVP, Preston Williams, Jakeem Grant, Isiah Ford, Allen Hurns and Hodgins.
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Walford or UDFA
OT: Leatherwood, Willis, Davis and Davenport
OG: Kindley, Scherff, Deiter and Calhoun
OC: Humphrey and Kilgore

Defense:

DE: Clowney, Ngakoue, Charlton and Harris( He came along last game he might prove himself as a contributor next year as Sub DE.
DT: Wilkins, Godcheaux, Sieler
LB: Raekwon, Jerome Baker, Andrew Van Ginkel, Dante Fowler Jr , Sam Eguavon
CB: X-Factor, Byron Jones, Needham, Stokes, Wiltz , Holmes, Aikens (ST)
FS: Mccain and Lecounte
SS: Eric Rowe and Justin Simmons

Special Teams: Jason Sanders (K), Matt Haack (P) and Pepper as (LS)

This would be my 53.

All Rookies left will be on the Practice Squad.
[/QUOTE]
I do not think you can predict much passed the 2nd round, too many missed guesses pile up by then.

Offense:

Defense:

1. R1P5
    QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    ALABAMA

R1P18
    OT JEDRICK WILLS
    ALABAMA

R1P25
    OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD
    ALABAMA

R2P5
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA

R2P30
    RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
    GEORGIA

R3P5
    G SOLOMON KINDLEY
    GEORGIA

R4P38
    S RICHARD LECOUNTE
    GEORGIA

R5P18
    CB ERIC STOKES
    GEORGIA

R5P31
    WR ISAIAH HODGINS
    OREGON STATE

R5P34
    WR GABRIEL DAVIS
    UCF

R6P5
    DL BRAVVION ROY
    BAYLOR

R6P17
    LB CASEY TOOHILL
    STANFORD

R6P29
    CB DARNAY HOLMES
    UCLA

R7P27
    G STEVEN GONZALEZ
    PENN STATE

It was not easy to cut Reshad Jones but his injuries caught up to him. I like Isiah Ford he should be kept over Albertt Wilson.

This offensive line would get us the best protection for our Qb and our Rb would run wild Swifft and Henry would be a great 1-2 Punch. Solomon Kindley needs time to develop he would start in year 2 after conklin contract is up.

Roster:

Offense:

Defense:

DE: Clowney, Ngakoue, Charlton and Harris( He came along last game he might prove himself as a contributor next year as Sub DE.

This would be my 53.

[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with three OL in the first 2 rounds. I would use a DL pick before WR

The FA OT pool just got smaller.

Castonzo is considering retirement. Says remain with Colts or retire.

It would be big news if we land Henry! The dude is awesome.

I personally wouldn't make a splash this Free Agency! If we are drafting Tua we need to be looking towards 2021 Free Agency.

We need to identify starters that are going to be valuable when we are ready to compete. We need to start building the O-Line through the draft and give Tua some protection when he is ready to go.

I was just reading the local articles about the Lions pending free agents and the one that jumps out to me as a possibility is G Graham Glasgow. He seems to have fallen out of favor with Patricia and was platooning this year. I did a quick search on him and it says he was the #8 guard this year. He has also played C and is a Michigan grad so there is that connection too. He might be affordable with the right offer.

From the article on MLive https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12...o-become-unrestricted-free-agents-ranked.html

1. G Graham Glasgow: A third-round pick in Bob Quinn’s first draft class who needed about half a season to overtake a first-round pick for a starting job. He missed just one snap the following two seasons while playing good ball at left guard and center, then moved to right guard this year and performed like a top-10 player at the position. The guy can do anything you ask him to, and is as durable as they come. Which is why it’s such a curiosity Detroit has shown so little interest in locking him up. In fact, the Lions not only didn’t extend him last offseason, but platooned him this year with Kenny Wiggins. He was among Detroit’s best and most reliable offensive players this year, but seems destined to hit the open market -- and most likely will be playing somewhere else in 2020, leaving a gaping hole on the interior of Detroit’s offensive line.

I get that our OL is bad, but there is a zero percent chance we draft 4 guys in the first 3 rounds. Zero. It would be next to impossible to groom 4 rookie lineman at once. Not to mention if all 4 miraculously worked out they’d all need to be resigned at the same time (technically the 1st round tackles could have their 5th year option picked up).

I think a more realistic approach would be to sign Joe Thuney and draft an OT and Center. I could see LT Leatherwood, LG Thuney, C Humphrey , RG Calhoun/Boehm, RT Davis as our starting line next season being a possibility.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. We are not going to spend $100M in cap space and try to fix everything in one season. Sustainable success will require patience and time to let young guys develop.

Offense:

Defense:

1. R1P5
    QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    ALABAMA

R1P18
    OT JEDRICK WILLS
    ALABAMA

R1P25
    OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD
    ALABAMA

R2P5
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA

R2P30
    RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
    GEORGIA

R3P5
    G SOLOMON KINDLEY
    GEORGIA

R4P38
    S RICHARD LECOUNTE
    GEORGIA

R5P18
    CB ERIC STOKES
    GEORGIA

R5P31
    WR ISAIAH HODGINS
    OREGON STATE

R5P34
    WR GABRIEL DAVIS
    UCF

R6P5
    DL BRAVVION ROY
    BAYLOR

R6P17
    LB CASEY TOOHILL
    STANFORD

R6P29
    CB DARNAY HOLMES
    UCLA

R7P27
    G STEVEN GONZALEZ
    PENN STATE

Roster:

Offense:

Defense:

This would be my 53.

[/QUOTE]
If Mccain is still starting next season, we wont win more than 6 games again. He's a MAJOR weakpoint in our defense and when he plays, he's constantly exposed for overall poor coverage skills.

Also, we couldn't afford half those FAs, be a bit realistic. Byron Jones, Ngakuoe, and 2 OL is probably all our FA money in one shot. Not to mention that statistically one of them will go on IR due to injury just for **** luck.

We may pickup 3 to 4 starters from FA, maybe another 3-4 with draft picks, the rest is depth and potential. Highly doubt we start 80% different roster next season.

We might see one or two big signings, but all indications are Miami will be smart with how that $130 million is spent. We will likely see a lot of depth type players, maybe 3-4 solid starters.

I like your emphasis on the offensive line in the draft. That is such a huge weakness and your line would make Miami a lot better there.

@Dolfan40

Bud, hate to burst your bubble but, that's not happening (we will only pick-up maybe 5-6 FA signings (but they will not be high-priced). They will do their due diligence. That's for sure.

It is looking more and more Tagvailoa is gonna stay in school get re-hab and personally I think he should consider a new career field because its better for him and his lifelyhood opposed to playing in the NFL on a re-constructed hip (with metal and screws) which may give him problems his whole career. No need to take a huge risk like that. The focus should be BPA all rounds and all 14 picks. They will do a good job. They will get the 2 best QB's they can. Spending all out on FA in not smart. JMHO.

@Dolfan40

Bud, hate to burst your bubble but, that's not happening (we will only pick-up maybe 5-6 FA signings (but they will not be high-priced). They will do their due diligence. That's for sure.

It is looking more and more Tagvailoa is gonna stay in school get re-hab and personally I think he should consider a new career field because its better for him and his lifelyhood opposed to playing in the NFL on a re-constructed hip (with metal and screws) which may give him problems his whole career. No need to take a huge risk like that. The focus should be BPA all rounds and all 14 picks. They will do a good job. They will get the 2 best QB's they can. Spending all out on FA in not smart. JMHO.
Agreed. Not a chance we will use 3 top picks on the line. Maybe a C early and a G in FA but don’t waste time thinking about a RT, we got a good one in Davis and Flo loves him - he will be a leader for him next season.

It's been demonstrated empirically that spending big money in free agency does not move the needle for bad teams. It's a tool for good teams to fill holes or acquire the one missing piece, but for the most part it's bad teams paying mediocre players like stars with no discernible improvement for the team: See Jags, Redskins, Jets, Giants and Dolphins for ample evidence of this hypothesis.

Clowney already made it clear that he didn’t want to come to Miami to play for the Dolphins. So I don’t see him wanting to play for them now. I think he will either be franchised by the Seahawks or more likely he will sign a long term contract with them.

Don't be surprised if Clowney isn't here next season with a nice big plate of crow sitting in front of him...bought with the signing bonus from a $124 million dollar contract. I'd hold my nose and hope that Arik Armstead (my choice) was just a flash in the pan this past season, and not a result of good coaching and supporting cast.

Back
Top Bottom