My 2020 Free Agency Plan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2020 Free Agency Plan

Armstead had one fewer sack (9) in his first 4 years in the league than he's had this season (10). He hasn't had a sack since before Thanksgiving, surrounded by first round picks. He is what most of us think he is, just a guy looking for a payday, he's not a difference-maker, but this team will pay him like one. Armstead isn't close to Suh's level and we see how little that signing did to improve the team.

I believe these players would make us much better.
Offense:
Runningback: Derrick Henry(NFL Rushing Title)
Fullback: Derrick Watt( Great Fullback)
O-Line:Brandon Scherff(RG-LG)and Jack Conklin(RT)

Defense:

Defense Line: Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney both Defense Ends.
Linebacker: Dante Fowler Jr.
Defense Backs: Byron Jones and Justin Simmons.
Cuts: Albert Wilson and Reshad Jones.

And now i add my Mock draft that you all know.
  1. R1P5
    QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
    ALABAMA

R1P18
    OT JEDRICK WILLS
    ALABAMA

R1P25
    OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD
    ALABAMA

R2P5
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA

R2P30
    RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
    GEORGIA

R3P5
    G SOLOMON KINDLEY
    GEORGIA

R4P38
    S RICHARD LECOUNTE
    GEORGIA

R5P18
    CB ERIC STOKES
    GEORGIA

R5P31
    WR ISAIAH HODGINS
    OREGON STATE

R5P34
    WR GABRIEL DAVIS
    UCF

R6P5
    DL BRAVVION ROY
    BAYLOR

R6P17
    LB CASEY TOOHILL
    STANFORD

R6P29
    CB DARNAY HOLMES
    UCLA

R7P27
    G STEVEN GONZALEZ
    PENN STATE

It was not easy to cut Reshad Jones but his injuries caught up to him. I like Isiah Ford he should be kept over Albertt Wilson.

Oline could look like this

LT: Alex Leatherwood
LG:Brandon Scherff
C:Creed Humphrey
RG:Jedrick Willis(Kick him inside to learn from Conklin)
RT:Jack Conklin

This offensive line would get us the best protection for our Qb and our Rb would run wild Swifft and Henry would be a great 1-2 Punch. Solomon Kindley needs time to develop he would start in year 2 after conklin contract is up.

Roster:

Offense:

QB: Tua, Rosen, Fitzmagic( He might retire i think)
HB: Swifft, Henry, Gaskin
FB: Derrick Watt( Chandler Cox will be cut in that instance)
WR: DVP, Preston Williams, Jakeem Grant, Isiah Ford, Allen Hurns and Hodgins.
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Walford or UDFA
OT: Leatherwood, Willis, Davis and Davenport
OG: Kindley, Scherff, Deiter and Calhoun
OC: Humphrey and Kilgore

Defense:

DE: Clowney, Ngakoue, Charlton and Harris( He came along last game he might prove himself as a contributor next year as Sub DE.
DT: Wilkins, Godcheaux, Sieler
LB: Raekwon, Jerome Baker, Andrew Van Ginkel, Dante Fowler Jr , Sam Eguavon
CB: X-Factor, Byron Jones, Needham, Stokes, Wiltz , Holmes, Aikens (ST)
FS: Mccain and Lecounte
SS: Eric Rowe and Justin Simmons

Special Teams: Jason Sanders (K), Matt Haack (P) and Pepper as (LS)

This would be my 53.

All Rookies left will be on the Practice Squad.
[/QUOTE]

That free agent list isn’t realistic. Way too much money.

I can see where you’re going with this. Over the last few weeks it has become quite evident that our lines need serious upgrading. Our QB is continuously scrambling due to a lack of protection and too many QBs have had too much time to throw passes against our dline.

We’ve got loads of picks and cap space and I see your list as the following analogy:

I’m loaded with cash and walk into a sweet store. I want everything but while I’m loaded, I don’t have enough money to buy the entire store or mostly all the expensive sweets. I have to compromise and pick wisely as once the money has gone, that’s what i’ll Be left with. Plus not every sweet I want may not be available in the store......

This is the one year they can spend heavily in free agency to build a starting core.... young pieces.

They have plenty of cap... they don’t have to pay a franchise QB type contract for at least 4 years... and it doesn’t effect compensatory picks in 2020 because we won’t lose anybody of real value next year.

After that you revert to signing your own and largely avoiding expensive free agents...letting many of your own go after their first contract and gaining compensatory picks and reloading.

The Patriots parlayed this strategy to a generation of consistent dominance.

Ngakoue, Fowler and Clowney? You do realize all 3 play De/Olb and all 3 will be wanting/getting 18-20+ million a year. We have a lot of cap space but that doesn’t mean you can sign all the best players at every position. It was a nice mock offseason try but totally unrealistic. We would be lucky to get 1-2 of the big name guys (hopefully Scherff, Thuney, Conklin, Peat) and hopefully at least 1 pass rusher (Judon, Ngakoue, Fowler, Clowney) and then hopefully some of the mid tier instant impact guys someone like (Kyler Fackrell, Austin Ekeler, Van Noy, Logan Ryan).

Like many have said, nice idea but not realistic. Several of these guys will not hit the market. Two guys that I feel are at the top of the list aren't in your plans either. I think Joe Thuney and Kyle Van Noy are probably 1A and 1b on the free agent offseason plans. Granted Gailey coming in could change Thuney a bit, but he's still a top 5 guard and to take him from NE is a win.

Van Noy (if he hits the market) is a perfect fit. Flo knows him, he knows the system and the culture.

I really don't expect a bunch of top tier guys brought in. Miami will need to resign guys and they will bring an several guys coming off first contracts that have an upside. I'd only expect 1-3 "Big Fish" type signing.

I was just reading the local articles about the Lions pending free agents and the one that jumps out to me as a possibility is G Graham Glasgow. He seems to have fallen out of favor with Patricia and was platooning this year. I did a quick search on him and it says he was the #8 guard this year. He has also played C and is a Michigan grad so there is that connection too. He might be affordable with the right offer.

From the article on MLive https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12...o-become-unrestricted-free-agents-ranked.html

1. G Graham Glasgow: A third-round pick in Bob Quinn’s first draft class who needed about half a season to overtake a first-round pick for a starting job. He missed just one snap the following two seasons while playing good ball at left guard and center, then moved to right guard this year and performed like a top-10 player at the position. The guy can do anything you ask him to, and is as durable as they come. Which is why it’s such a curiosity Detroit has shown so little interest in locking him up. In fact, the Lions not only didn’t extend him last offseason, but platooned him this year with Kenny Wiggins. He was among Detroit’s best and most reliable offensive players this year, but seems destined to hit the open market -- and most likely will be playing somewhere else in 2020, leaving a gaping hole on the interior of Detroit’s offensive line.

He'd be my #2 guy behind Thuney for the line. I do think he will hit the market and could be a real possibility for Miami.

He'd be my #2 guy behind Thuney for the line. I do think he will hit the market and could be a real possibility for Miami.

Can’t see Pats letting Thuney leave, they have already been taking extension.

this year he has committed zero penalties and allowed only one sack.

Robbie Anderson would give our WR corp something we don't have- speed. He's been a pretty legitimate deep threat for the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom