My Absurdly Early Dream Draft Scenario | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Absurdly Early Dream Draft Scenario

kastofsna120 said:
it's going to be either cutler or jacobs that skyrockets into the top 15, as i've said all along. looking like it'll be cutler

Yup. We arent going to be able to trade down to get Cutler because his value should be right around where we pick.

Aaron Rodgers fell all the way to, what, the 24th pick last year? Whether or not Quinn and Young declare, I won't be surprised if Cutler is still around at the top of the second-round...

SpeedRush99 said:
Right, they'd be MUCH better with Schuab as the
starter and LT in the backfield.

I don't know what makes you say that. Schaub hasn't proven anything. Look at his career numbers:

Games started: 2 (Both Losses)
Passes Completed: 56 of 119 (47.1%)
Yards: 667
YPA: 5.61
TDs: 4
Ints: 4
Fumbles: 2
Fumbles Lost: 1
QB Rating: 61.9

Sorry, but those are AJ Feeley-like numbers. In fact, his career QB rating is only 0.2 points better than AJ Feeley's QB rating last year. Hell, Feeley has a better career QB rating (67.3), and had a much better career QB rating at the same point in his career (Feeley started 5 games his second season, and posted a QB rating of 75.4).

There's absolutely no reason to believe that Matt Schaub is anything more than a backup QB.

Yes, LT is probably the best RB in the league, but a great RB doesn't ensure great play at the QB position with just anybody. Just look at our Phins if you want proof of that.

Blitz said:
I don't know what makes you say that. Schaub hasn't proven anything. Look at his career numbers:

Games started: 2 (Both Losses)
Passes Completed: 56 of 119 (47.1%)
Yards: 667
YPA: 5.61
TDs: 4
Ints: 4
Fumbles: 2
Fumbles Lost: 1
QB Rating: 61.9

Sorry, but those are AJ Feeley-like numbers. In fact, his career QB rating is only 0.2 points better than AJ Feeley's QB rating last year. Hell, Feeley has a better career QB rating (67.3), and had a much better career QB rating at the same point in his career (Feeley started 5 games his second season, and posted a QB rating of 75.4).

There's absolutely no reason to believe that Matt Schaub is anything more than a backup QB.

Yes, LT is probably the best RB in the league, but a great RB doesn't ensure great play at the QB position with just anybody. Just look at our Phins if you want proof of that.
yeah, it's simply inexcusable that a QB would play average in his first two career starts, one of them as a rookie :shakeno:

i've said schaub was a franchise QB before the draft last year, i'm sticking to that. he has all the tools. and he WOULD BE STARTING if he was on any other team

He's had ONE good start in the NFL, and his team lost that game. I think it's a bit early to proclaim him a franchise QB who would be starting on any team other than the Falcons. Some people said the same thing about Feeley back in his second season...

Blitz said:
He's had ONE good start in the NFL, and his team lost that game. I think it's a bit early to proclaim him a franchise QB who would be starting on any team other than the Falcons. Some people said the same thing about Feeley back in his second season...
except i said that about schaub BEFORE the draft, and his play in those two games were good for a guy in his 1st and 2nd start. especially the 2nd one against new england. he took complete control of the offense, and if not for brady's heroics, they would've won it

he's a FRANCHISE QB, and that's why rich mckay said he'll take no less than a first rounder to trade for schaub. he knows what a steal he got with him, and knows he holds all the cards

I suppose I should proclaim Ryan Fitzpatrick a franchise QB just because I liked him before the draft, and he had ONE good start? :rolleyes:

Oh well...At least the two of us agree on Leinart :)

Back
Top Bottom