My best attempt to explain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My best attempt to explain

Originally posted by Tatonka

are you really comfortable with mcknight as your starter?

I am, he's going to have a break out year. He showed every sign of that last year. Can't wait to see he and Fiedler back to lighting your Bills team up. GREAT FUN!

Oliver...

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354

What makes you think Eddie Moore would of been there when Miami chose in 3rd round>?? Wasn't Victor Hobson projected to go to the 3rd round?? He was chosen by the Jets in 2nd round... 2nd round went crazy on Linebackers and Miami got a real good one..

This is so bizarre.

Some of you guys are ripping us for disliking the Eddie Moore pick because he hasn't suited up for the Fins yet to know how he'll do.

Yet here you say Miami got a real good LB.
Well what exactly do you base that on?

Have you seen him suit up and play NFL players yet?
The fact is he barely ever played college players. He was a walking injury and any of you who aren't concerned about that with a 2nd round pick are blinded by optimism.

Finatic is right about the group on this board that just plain lashes out against people that post anything that questions any moves the Fins make.

Re: Re: Re: My best attempt to explain

Originally posted by Tatonka

i really dont think that it is the actual playes that your fans are unhappy with.. just the "projected rank" they carried and where your team actually picked them.. while they looked on the board and saw other players that could have been taken at that time..

OK why is it you can get that TTKA but some of the Fin Fans can't. I wasn't happy with the pick in the 2nd either, I have accepted it and will now move on. I have nothing at all against the player, At this point now I can just hope that the guy turns out to be the next superstar LB.

As far as Zach being picked in the first, Yes there would have been many upset people if that had happened. Even knowing now what he turned out to be doesn't change the fact that when he was drafted he was a 5th round player. Why would you take him in the first and sacrafice another player when you can have him in the 5th and still have a first round pick to use on somebody else.

There will always be players drafted late that turn out to be superstars, doesn't change the fact that the day they were drafted the round that they should have gone in at that time. If everybody new that in advance then there would be no diamonds in the rough, and Danny would never of been a Fin.

So yes to draft Zach in the first would have been a mistake, only because he could have been drafted later, not because he wasn't worth the pick now.

Kelley Washington was a REACH at 49. Why?? Because he has a spinal injury. Look at Lee Suggs and Musa Smith. See how far they fell from their original commercial projections?? You know why?? Because they underwent their first MRI's during this offseason......and league doctors found that they have spinal concerns as well: Narrowing of the spinal column.

The league takes these kinds of situations very seriously. And that is proven by the fact that the Raiders took Teyo Johnson instead of Washington.

"The fact is he barely ever played college players"??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yopu would have thought that all those ESPN guys and draft gurus would have known more about Washingtons neck.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

This is so bizarre.

Some of you guys are ripping us for disliking the Eddie Moore pick because he hasn't suited up for the Fins yet to know how he'll do.

Yet here you say Miami got a real good LB.
Well what exactly do you base that on?

Have you seen him suit up and play NFL players yet?
The fact is he barely ever played college players. He was a walking injury and any of you who aren't concerned about that with a 2nd round pick are blinded by optimism.

Finatic is right about the group on this board that just plain lashes out against people that post anything that questions any moves the Fins make.
What's not so bizarre......... it is THE SAME people that constantly question and bitch and complain about EVERYTHING!!!. There's no pleasing some of you..... EVER! It doesn't matter what this team does....there are some people who come in here over and over again disagreeing with the majority just for the attention....Like someone somewhere is actually going to look at them and say,"Wow, it's so cool the way you ALWAYS disagree....I don't think anyone has ever been as smart as you.....!!!".....
They're arguements suck...They get shot down over and over and over yet they are just too dumb to realize it!! They are boring and annoying and insipid.....they are also aggressive and antagonistic towards anyone who goes with the majority opinion....

But WORST of all.....they use quotes like this....

to try to play the role of victim.....Which is real funny, when you look at who started this thread...

Last edited:
The thing is that the ESPN clowns and most draft gurus wouldn't know these draft picks if they ran into them on the street. NFL teams have spent scores of hours going over film on these guys, testing them, talking to them, watching them work out, checking their backgrounds, giving them physicals and know volumes more about these guys then any of the clowns we read or hear from. In fact 90% of what you get from these media guys are sacraps they hear from NFL people. Now, that doesn't mean that the decisions made by teams are right BUT they are based on infinately more knowledge of the product then we or the media has.

Originally posted by DNY
The thing is that the ESPN clowns and most draft gurus wouldn't know these draft picks if they ran into them on the street. NFL teams have spent scores of hours going over film on these guys, testing them, talking to them, watching them work out, checking their backgrounds, giving them physicals and know volumes more about these guys then any of the clowns we read or hear from. In fact 90% of what you get from these media guys are sacraps they hear from NFL people. Now, that doesn't mean that the decisions made by teams are right BUT they are based on infinately more knowledge of the product then we or the media has.

there's no way that anybody could argue this statement.....but watch the "victims" try....:nono:

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
As far as Zach being picked in the first, Yes there would have been many upset people if that had happened. Even knowing now what he turned out to be doesn't change the fact that when he was drafted he was a 5th round player. Why would you take him in the first and sacrafice another player when you can have him in the 5th and still have a first round pick to use on somebody else.

There will always be players drafted late that turn out to be superstars, doesn't change the fact that the day they were drafted the round that they should have gone in at that time. If everybody new that in advance then there would be no diamonds in the rough, and Danny would never of been a Fin.

So yes to draft Zach in the first would have been a mistake, only because he could have been drafted later, not because he wasn't worth the pick now.

You completely missed my point. The experts, both the pro scouts, and the ESPN guys all rated Zach as a late round draft pick. He turned out to be a first round talent.

My point is, NO ONE (not you or I, not the scouts, not the ESPN guys) knows what a college player will do in the pros.

I am not defending the picks we have. In fact I know nothing more than what I have read about all of them, however I am not going to bash the selections until I can form an NFL opinion on the guys.

See to me you guys are laughable since your getting so pissed off over selections that COULD turn out to be outstanding NFL players.

Do you get it now?

Back
Top Bottom