My best attempt to explain | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My best attempt to explain

Hi folks ... back on the board after a sad weekend away from a computer.

I have been SOLIDLY behind the Dolphins brass all offseason. You can reference my posts. But I was SICK when when I saw Eddie Moore's name read. Linebacker depth was last on our priority list, and as far as I'm concerned, if you were going for LB depth, you could have done better within the position.

I really wanted us to get Kelley Washington. I liked his speed and his attitude. But I would have settled for Calico. Or Teyo Johnson. Or Boldin.

The upside is between the Ravens picking Boller and the Steelers picking Polyunsaturated at safety, two of our other offseason targets become VERY available. But I am still very, very disappointed.

Well time to move on 'Zoom...

I guess...I too had a horrible weekend...

I was also supposed to go a Phillies game on Saturday...

I don't go...and a no-hitter is pitched...something I have wanted to see my whole life.

but life goes on.

Originally posted by dolfan87

You completely missed my point. The experts, both the pro scouts, and the ESPN guys all rated Zach as a late round draft pick. He turned out to be a first round talent.

My point is, NO ONE (not you or I, not the scouts, not the ESPN guys) knows what a college player will do in the pros.

I am not defending the picks we have. In fact I know nothing more than what I have read about all of them, however I am not going to bash the selections until I can form an NFL opinion on the guys.

See to me you guys are laughable since your getting so pissed off over selections that COULD turn out to be outstanding NFL players.

Do you get it now?

Exactly, Who knows? Nobody. In fact clump is in this very thread bragging about the Bills draft, but yet he don't know how they'll do either. They could all be superstars that get them to the superbowl only to embarrass the AFC again or they could all be clumps...ehhh I meen chumps.:evil: Or they could fit somewhere in between.
Who knows. :dunno: Nobody on these messege boards.

Originally posted by Hellion

Exactly, Who knows? Nobody. In fact clump is in this very thread bragging about the Bills draft, but yet he don't know how they'll do either. They could all be superstars that get them to the superbowl only to embarrass the AFC again or they could all be clumps...ehhh I meen chumps.:evil: Or they could fit somewhere in between.
Who knows. :dunno: Nobody on these messege boards.

Well at least SOMEONE gets it.

You completely missed my point. The experts, both the pro scouts, and the ESPN guys all rated Zach as a late round draft pick. He turned out to be a first round talent.

My point is, NO ONE (not you or I, not the scouts, not the ESPN guys) knows what a college player will do in the pros.

I am not defending the picks we have. In fact I know nothing more than what I have read about all of them, however I am not going to bash the selections until I can form an NFL opinion on the guys.

See to me you guys are laughable since your getting so pissed off over selections that COULD turn out to be outstanding NFL players.

Do you get it now?

Yes, and I got it before, my point is yes these players may all turn out to be Zach Thomas or they can turn out to be John Avery, my point is that on draft day Zach was a fifth round talent, Yes today he is worth more, as well as the players that were drafted this past weekend may be worth more someday. The discussion is what they were worth on the day they were drafted.

As I said if Zach had been drafted in the 2nd round the same things would have been said about him as are being said about Moore, Because even if Zach was a first round talent they could of had Zach and another 1st round player. That is what I believe most people are upset with, so someday if Moore becomes the next LT he will have been a steal, but it won't change the fact that he was drafted early(if he indeed was)., but at that point nobody will care anymore. Just as most of the upset fans will not care about the draft now that it's over.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
The upside is between the Ravens picking Boller and the Steelers picking Polyunsaturated at safety, two of our other offseason targets become VERY available. But I am still very, very disappointed.

I disagree, Redmen played average or below, and Boller's a rookie, They still may want a veteran QB to start until the others are better suited to start. I don't know the Ravens cap #s but If they could fit him in I beleive he's still an option. IMO of coures.:)

Ok, here is a question:

What if the Phins put Moore off until the third round. They thought to themselves "ah he is a third round talent, we can wait and grab Kelly Washington now, and get Moore in the third".

So they select Washington, and we are all slap happy yee haw. A couple picks later the Jets take Eddie Moore, and we all laugh at the Jets.

Now Washington comes into camp, and can't practice because his neck isn't cleared yet and he struggles to stay on the depth chart.

Meanwhile Eddie Moore flat lights it up for the Jets. Turns out he is one of their superstars, and haunts us for YEARS.

Who then made the better selection?

I am not saying that would of happened, might have been exactly the other way around, I don't know, but where a guy is picked to me is a gamble.

You might very well be right, and other teams might have had Moore way down on their boards, or they might have had him as a second round guy. Just because Mel Kiper says he is a 3rd or 4th round guy, doesn't mean he would of lasted.

BTW, Kelly Washington was selected when? So wouldn't he have been a reach in the second round? ;)

Tennessee has contributed a number of very good LB's to the NFL the past few years.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I agree fin-atic. At 49, we should have picked up Kelley Washington. I wanted him on this team, a lot. I'm slowly coming to terms with our picks, but I'm still going to cry every time I see Kelly Washington butn a DB in the future, and trust me, its going to happen.

On a side note, I'm glad we picked up the WR from San Diego State, his name escapes me at the moment. When we were gameplanning SDSU, he was one of the biggest players were planning around. We did kick the crap out of them, but that boy has some skills. I'm confident he'll make the team......

kelly washington was yatil green with an attitude waiting to happen. the whole rest of the league knew that as well, except of course, cincinnatti. hello! as for mike doss, we are planning on bringing knight, we drafted a safety who we scouted. granted you have a solid point here but it is not enough to ignore the fact that we wanted this kid moore. zach thomas was not in the top ten either. so that is not a valid point. this draft was weird with everyone, so i dont undertand these points. i leave with my signature point.

Ok i am an optimistic fin fan and a fiedler supporter that questions the Moore pick. The more i read aout him the more i like him, i am talking about Moore, but felt that there were more players with a higher grade. I just felt we could get more out of our second round pick.

The comments from the defense coach at Tenn were cool, but you expect the college coach to praise him. I like the ego or lack of one, he seems to be high character kid. of the so called injuries, how many kept him off the field? Not too many. He plays with pain and is a competitor and is coachable. All in all I think he can be good.

The question tho is could we have gotten him later? w/ three lb taken after Moore before we picked again, maybe not, maybe so. The whole thing hinges on do these guys beccome productive starters, if they do then this draft is a success, if not it is a bust. Yeah i know stating the obvious. i wonder what the concern with Hunter was? the neck of wash must have been the concern there. Mcknight is not better than Chambers, whover said that should retract that statement, but Mcknight is good so long as he stays on the outside, he cannot play the slot nor go across the middle. He can get the job done and was not responsible for our downfall last year. Our wr are solid but Wash could have made them great. This kid from SD State is promising, he has the attitude and broke all SD state receiving records, so he and Thompson become our possession receivers, chambers and Mknight, along with baker are our speed guys.

I will not judge this draft until i see how they turn out, but yes i definiely scratched my head when they picked Moore.

Ok, here is a question:

What if the Phins put Moore off until the third round. They thought to themselves "ah he is a third round talent, we can wait and grab Kelly Washington now, and get Moore in the third".

So they select Washington, and we are all slap happy yee haw. A couple picks later the Jets take Eddie Moore, and we all laugh at the Jets.

Now Washington comes into camp, and can't practice because his neck isn't cleared yet and he struggles to stay on the depth chart.

Meanwhile Eddie Moore flat lights it up for the Jets. Turns out he is one of their superstars, and haunts us for YEARS.

Who then made the better selection?

listne up and listen up good. moore said himself he thought he was oging to get drafted in teh third round by philly and cleveland who loved this kid. we knew we were drafting those linemen in our only other picks in the third. so with this info, you cant deny miami was on to something when they couldnt get what they wanted to move up.

im sorry i think i quoted the wrong post. and i wish i could type.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom