My bully story... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My bully story...

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
I'm sorry I started a new thread, but I didn't want it to get buried even though it is not easy to write about for the public to see. I want people to read this not so they could feel bad for me because my life is great now, but I write it so you can see that people have been in Martin's shoes before, a lot of people, and a lot of times they get treated how you people have been treating Martin... they get called names just for speaking up for themselves.

I have never seen a bully/aggressor be protected the way this guy Incognito has been revered by some of the people on this forum. No matter what opinions you guys have about Martin it does not excuse Incognito calling him a half ****** and threatening his family. Those are the kinds of words people have died over in the past. There is physical proof, tapes of Incognito clearly berating Martin, with racist remarks. There is no proof of Martin doing anything bad, only being sociable with Incognito, joking around with rude remarks but nothing like Incognito did to Martin.

I'm going to have to get personal to try to explain this from my point of view. I am a hispanic male, growing up I was literally homeless at times, I was over weight and short. I never considered myself a nerd, and I wasn't picked on constantly because I always moved around for financial reasons, and because of that no one ever got the chance to truly pick on me. But as someone who went to many schools, I can explain how some individuals in the school were known as bullies or "tough guys", every school has them.

I have always been quick witted and quicker to spit it. This led to many people not liking my outspoken demeanor. I have always considered myself a very nice guy and have always been able to befriend from the toughest of the tough guys to the nerdiest of the nerd guys.

But then, there are those people that outright don't like you. Most of them ignore you, but then there is one or a couple of guys, who are literally up to no good, who given the circumstances could verbally berate you or even hit you. These types of guys loved me, meaning "they ****ing hated me and the type of person I am."

I am not an Alpha type physically, but I consider myself intelligent, and I have found myself against bullies often times being the "new guy" wherever I went. What do I mean by being bullied? I mean that at different times these "bullies or roughnecks" called me names, made fun of me, strong armed me, shoved me, threatened to beat me up, and all kinds of intimidation tactics to try make me scared or uneasy.

Everyone knows how to deal with a bully, you stand up for yourself, if not it will continue. I, on the other hand, always found violence to be needless until you have to defend yourself. I have never thrown the first punch in any fight, and I never will if I don't have to. I have defeated all of my "bullies" by either befriending them, fighting them, or ultimately moving away from the situation.

I know exactly what Martin did, because I used to do it too, he got picked on, by someone he saw almost every day. Even though he didn't want to, he tried to befriend him in order for things to stop, or to calm the situation, instead of fighting or telling someone. But bullies are like bombs, they have short fuses and are very unstable, and will blow up in your face if not properly disarmed.

At first, he didn't like it, but he befriended cogs only to see if he could take care of the situation without telling someone, because if he did tell someone, all **** would hit the fan. But one day, Incognito blew up in Martin's face by way of voicemail, and I am completely sure that there were worse occasions that occurred between them, which meant Martin had to tell the front office because things were getting out of hand.

I want to say more but I know people will only think I am a "rat" or "snake" or "*****" just like Martin, for standing up for someone who decided to stand up for himself.

P.S. - I hate both Martin and Incognito at this point. But that won't make me see the truth less clearly. Martin sucks at football and Incogito is a bigot asshole(I knew this before he came to Miami).

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously Martin has issues , I don't see him as a snake I just see him as a guy that really needs some mental help. I have no sympathy for Incognito in this either , he revels in being the drunken idiot and with this behavior stuff like this comes to scrutiny. Ill just be glad when this dissapears

Good story and all but it's been known for awhile now that Martin and incognito went back and forth in the name calling and other sorts.

Also commend you on your story. Many people want to act like all you do is what they do in the movies and the bully backs down but life is actually more complex than that

jesus another thread of this bull****, why have these attention whores always have to create these new threads all the time...hit the freaking search button and look for the other bully threads and post it in there,but no your ego wants that everyone has to read this.....

My ego? Really? You think my ego gets boosted when I publicly say I was bullied? No wonder you seem so mad.

jesus another thread of this bull****, why have these attention whores always have to create these new threads all the time...hit the freaking search button and look for the other bully threads and post it in there,but no your ego wants that everyone has to read this.....

And your ego caused you to write that.. And mine this

Also commend you on your story. Many people want to act like all you do is what they do in the movies and the bully backs down but life is actually more complex than that

Exactly dlockz.

In any case, I also agree that the sooner both of these two are far...FAR...away from this franchise, the better.

Richie is a 21st century saint with muscles and great tattoos. He is the most popular guy on the team and effectively kicked off for bullying (or attempting to mentor a drugged out sick puppy).
Next season he will be on another team and Jonathan will be on another team, but it's fairly unlikely that they will be on the same team.
Maybe it's just time to turn the page.

At this point, any opinion given is just an assumption. The report will be released and we'll get the facts.

Your main point was the voicemail? I actually remember a report coming out after someone interviewed (I believe) Hartline and he was saying that Jon Martin was playing the voicemail on speaker for the entire locker room to LAUGH at WITH him.

To be clear, I don't want to seem like I am defending Incognito, I truly couldn't care less about him, but I consider Martin to be very dishonest and definitely having an agenda.

Seems like you're trying very hard to make Martin the victim here, even though with every new development the deck is getting more and more stacked against him.

1.) Explain the timing of the "breakdown". Coincidence that he was just demoted to RT?
2.) Explain Hartline saying that he recalls Martin playing the recording in front of the locker room and laughing about it.
3.) Explain Martin's uncooperative nature during the investigation he himself brought on.
4.) Explain not one person coming to Martin's defense, yet they all praise Richie as a friend.
5.) Explain the saving of the messages for months, as if he was waiting for the right time.
6.) Explain the reasoning behind Martin's parents leaking most of the info. Does both being attorneys have anything to do with it?

Martin is just a mentally weak individual, who realized he couldn't cut it in the big leagues. The only people who bullied him, were the pass rushers in front of him on Sunday. He saw the writing on the wall when he was demoted to RT and failed there as well, so he went to his lawyer parents and hatched a plan to snag one last paycheck before being run out of the league. He is a POS, a p***y and of course a snake. If any team is stupid enough to pick him up, prepare for the locker room to immediately divide against him, because they all feel like the can't even have normal banter around him for fear of his b*tch a** tattle tailing. He needs to man the f**k up and go bag groceries in Alaska, or some place far from this team.

Op, i agree that Incog is a meathead, douche, moron and most folks here wouldn't wanna hang out with him. But Martin is justuh ambulance chasing snake, yea he may have issues, but so what most people do to. Yet most folks dont set up a suit with the help of their corporate lawyer mommy.

You say you weren't a physically alpha guy. Well Martin is, any size advantage Incog may have is negligible at best. This isnt rocket science. Martin was partying, taking drugs, hangin at strip clubs, exchanging berating texts with Incog.

And i can tell you with personnel experience. When alotta guys become cool with eachother, this pc garbage that this country pretends is important gets dropped and they start joking about each others race. Not everybody, but i know for a fact it happens. But you better know who your talking to.

Im not defending Incog here. What im sayin is Martin is just as wrong as Incog, every inch as wrong. This is not hard to see this was set up, most of it was probably quarterbacked by his folks. Its justuh money grab and perhaps some karma for Incog for past sins, but i think in this specific case, Martin was just as culpable, the evidence bares this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, in fact, think Martin will hurt the cause of future people that are being actually being bullied because of his dumbass claims

Your main point was the voicemail? I actually remember a report coming out after someone interviewed (I believe) Hartline and he was saying that Jon Martin was playing the voicemail on speaker for the entire locker room to LAUGH at WITH him.

To be clear, I don't want to seem like I am defending Incognito, I truly couldn't care less about him, but I consider Martin to be very dishonest and definitely having an agenda.

I can't believe how ANYONE could take that voicemail seriously and actually think that it's a real threatening or racist remark. It's two friends/teammates joking around using vulgar language, just like in any other male-dominated workplace. Does that sort of language cross a line? Yes, if you're an extremely sensitive, sheltered person. This may describe Martin, but he also used the same type of language and threats.

I, in fact, think Martin will hurt the cause of future people that are being actually being bullied because of his dumbass claims
Exactly my point in another thread Hayden. This whole sham dilutes true bullying and true racism and can make some people so callous that they'll just associate real victims, with this ambulance chasing disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom