My bully story... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My bully story...

Just to clarify, what was your original point you wanted readers to "get" when you started this thread?

That bullying is a real thing that apparently happens often. And that Martin should not be getting flamed the way he has. The report hasn't even come out yet for god's sake.

I don't think you understand what he did. He was fine with bullying when it wasn't happening to him (car theft incident), and basically pulled a Cartman (screw you guys, I'm going home) when the jokes started flying in his direction. He is a giant whiny baby who was obviously shielded from real life until his first training camp.

Let me tell you what I did when I was bullied (by bullied I mean beaten black and blue, stuff burned/ripped to shreds, etc) during high school. The first few times I fought back, which worked. Then the guys brought friends. So I made sure to stay in populated areas when they were around, and eventually found people who hated these guys, and made them my friends (even though they were nearly as unlikable as the former group). This worked really well, because the first time they came at me in the weight room when those guys were around, they jumped them from behind. After that, they left me alone for the most part. When one of them persisted in trying to make my life hell a few months later, I asked around, and found out which football coach disliked these jocks the most. I went to him and told him what was going on, and he bullied them until their lives were miserable until they graduated.

It's called being resourceful. Martin went to freaking Stanford. Are we really supposed to believe he can't figure out basic functions of life, and neither can anyone he talks to? Or is it more likely that he's just a giant crybaby who got mad at being moved to right tackle, and used the normal locker room banter as a way to continue to get paid without working?

What Martin did is the equivalent of me telling one teacher that some of the kids don't like me, without getting into specifics, then dropping out of school, blackmailing the principal into giving me a diploma, and then contacting the national media to tell them how Miami High School doesn't care about bullying, giving only details that would help my case, and making up random crap to fill in the spaces that make no sense.

Honestly, I feel you have that "Macho" bravado thing going on, once again you speak of violence because you fought back. What I am saying is that fighting is not the way to go about it and you are hating Martin for it, because he quit and told instead of standing up for himself and hitting Incognito. It is not my fault that you can't understand anything but violence. The NFL is a game and a company with strict rules for on the field and off the field behavior.

Honestly, I feel you have that "Macho" bravado thing going on, once again you speak of violence because you fought back. What I am saying is that fighting is not the way to go about it and you are hating Martin for it, because he quit and told instead of standing up for himself and hitting Incognito. It is not my fault that you can't understand anything but violence. The NFL is a game and a company with strict rules for on the field and off the field behavior.

I'm hating on him for being a quitter, a loser, and a whiny ass build a bear. He didn't have to fight back. All he had to do was go to the head coach, tell him EXACTLY what was going on, and tell him that if it continued he'd be leaving the team, and filing a complaint with the NFLPA. I GUARANTEE you the problems would have stopped. He didn't do this because he was part of the problem to start with.

Blah blah blah. Cry me a river. Go get therapy if your feelings are hurt. Someone call the whaaaaaaambalance, this cry baby needs it

2bf-1.png

I'm hating on him for being a quitter, a loser, and a whiny ass build a bear. He didn't have to fight back. All he had to do was go to the head coach, tell him EXACTLY what was going on, and tell him that if it continued he'd be leaving the team, and filing a complaint with the NFLPA. I GUARANTEE you the problems would have stopped. He didn't do this because he was part of the problem to start with.

I agree completely that things could have been handled better by both parties. You guys must be sick of me defending this guy, cause I know I am. I hope this is over soon, I miss the "Tannehill sucks" threads.

Bravo OP! I think its horrible that we are forced to root for guys like Pouncey and Cogd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree completely that things could have been handled better by both parties. You guys must be sick of me defending this guy, cause I know I am. I hope this is over soon, I miss the "Tannehill sucks" threads.

I think no party is coming out good in this whole matter and I do think at the very least the frat boy mentality of locker room culture probably deserves scrutiny.

That bullying is a real thing that apparently happens often. And that Martin should not be getting flamed the way he has. The report hasn't even come out yet for god's sake.
Right, the report is not out yet. We all know bullying is real. It all depends on the facts, which one day we MIGHT know. I had a guy say I did something that I did not do once, does my story make Martin's flaming OK, or is only your story the correct one. My point is your story ads little, which is why I did not understand the post. I'm not pro Incog or anything. They can both walk IMO.

Right, the report is not out yet. We all know bullying is real. It all depends on the facts, which one day we MIGHT know. I had a guy say I did something that I did not do once, does my story make Martin's flaming OK, or is only your story the correct one. My point is your story ads little, which is why I did not understand the post. I'm not pro Incog or anything. They can both walk IMO.

My story was to show that people could try to befriend their bully to try to stop themselves from being bullied, which is what I think Martin intended by playing around with Incognito, he made fun of what happened with his team mates to try to diffuse the situation. So I saw it to be relevant and there are other evident similarities. I'm guessing you didn't read or didn't comprehend.

I felt this way before for Martin and hated on Incog all day. But then more facts came out.

There is alot more going on here than bullying. Martin was taken from his LT job just before he left. There are more circumstances here it seems. I just dont think he liked it in Miami and looked for a way out.

If he had leaving the team in mind, he should have just said screw it, I am going to talk to coach about how I feel. But he didnt. He just left. He made it public and then shut it up making the whole world question just what the heck is going on here for real. People took sides, and what you find out in the end is it is just politics and people take sides.

Incog brought more to light than did Martin, which pretty much makes him untrusting. What happened in the end was what was meant to be.

Thanks OP for writing in paragraphs.

@illscriptures, I think we all understand some victims of bullying try to befriend their abuser. But once a person does that, especially an adult, everything afterwards he has to hold himself accountable. You cant give permission for someone to do something to you, and then blame that person and take NO responsibility for your professional failures. Also, Illscripture Martin is saying not only Incognito but the locker room was mistreating him. The only reason Incognito name is thrown into this is because of the text and voice mail.

Is there any point do you think a person should be held responsible for how he allows others to treat him??

Dude, Im going to go into depth of the locker room culture a bit. Even thou I do not think you will understand. But hopefully you will understand that you do not understand lol.

There was a story that leaked out (and disappeared quickly, I wonder why) that Dion Jordan and Jonathan Martin got into a fight in the locker room, and Incognito jumped in to help Jonathan. In a athletes locker room, there is going to be drama, one because they spend so much time together and unlike an office they are filled with adrenaline flowing because of all the high physical activity they are doing to their bodies. Every locker room player will vent in their own way, players are going to somehow release their frustrations, sometimes by joking, sometimes by fueling foul language and even occasionally fight each other. Most of that verbal frustration is pent up because when on the field they can not say much, because you have coaches all in your ear yelling and you have to listen, pay attention. So once they get to the locker room, that is their sanctuary to release frustration before they go back out to the real world, their family, wives and their kids. But at the end of the day, most of these players have a mutual understanding to not take nothing that happens in the locker room personal. I played sports all the way to four years of college. I had to deal with a platoon of different attitudes and behaviors that I never will have to deal with now in a office. And in return they all had to deal with my personality. You may call it savage, but its their way of leaving their frustrations at work. Sometimes this behavior may leak out into the public when they go to bars together, like when you seen Richie running around like a fool. Because they are around their teammates who have a mutual understanding of this form of venting.

Martin mention that he wish he had the tools to deal with his teammates. And maybe he is telling the truth about that, and never figured out how to vent and deal with his own professional frustrations with his teammates. When I read entirety of Incognito texts and how he tried to keep Martin among his teammates (trying to get him to go to team functions), is because I think he didn't want Martin being alone dealing with his own demons. Trying to give Martin examples of hey do not bottle it in, you can say anything to us we will not take it personal and will watch your back. If you feel the need to scream and say I want bang yo mama, or any obscene vulgar language, or even lets go find some women, or even just a simple talk its okay. But do not isolate yourself it can be dangerous.

What Jonathan did was taking those frustration out of the locker room and out of the facilities, to the general public who would not be able to understand the environment and behavior. The same goes for jobs like being in the military, the every day citizen can not relate and give advise to what someone has to deal with being in the military. That is why you have superiors and in house counselors who know how to give advise and critique these problems. And a fine example of someone who can not relate is you, illscripture, because your childhood experiences has nothing in common with a athletes locker room and their relationships with each other. I have plenty of locker room stories, but I do not share them unless I am around other former and current athletes who can comprehend.

Just like you see a big divide between former military and citizens on work environment, you will see that same divide in athletes and office workers. You say wait till the NFL give its judgement, the NFL has an agenda, they do not want you to know these problems because like I said you will not understand. They were already fully aware, the NFL has a PR agenda (they are not without bias) will give a decision that they will satisfy the general public. They are going to try and paint a picture that they are sensitive to the viewers eyes and opinions. Ricky Williams explains a lot especially how the NFL will deal with it.

[video=youtube;DDdlvKuqKak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdlvKuqKak[/video]

My story was to show that people could try to befriend their bully to try to stop themselves from being bullied, which is what I think Martin intended by playing around with Incognito, he made fun of what happened with his team mates to try to diffuse the situation. So I saw it to be relevant and there are other evident similarities. I'm guessing you didn't read or didn't comprehend.

You don't have to guess that I didn't comprehend, I just told you I didn't get why you shared the story. I'm not into guessing why you wrote something. I'm not into guessing about Martin either. What you 'think" Martin intended means little. In your write up you say you know "exactly" what Martin did, which carries even less power with me. Unfortunate you were bullied as so many people are. And if you want to say more say more, are you telling us that you think people would call you a rat or a snake! You worried about someone like that? Here at FinHeaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also commend you on your story. Many people want to act like all you do is what they do in the movies and the bully backs down but life is actually more complex than that

The problem with this is the movie is only a snap shot. It's a finite deal. The movie ends and they don't show the next day. When the bully pounds the kid into the pavement. It's much like the rom-coms. They show the guy winning over the girl and the get togather and have sex then the movie ends. They do not show 7 months later when hes passed out on the couch and shes pregnant with his buddys kid.

Back
Top Bottom