My bully story... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My bully story...

memewellthatescalatedquickly-1.jpg

Bottom line: he never asked anyone to stop the dialogue that he claimed was bullying…he never went to Coach Philbin to say he was at his breaking point.

He told Jim Turner and Jeff Ireland. Turner ignored it and Jeff Ireland is quoted as telling him to "punch Incognito in the face."

So now what? Your bottom line was erroneous but I'm guessing you haven't changed your mind. Cause he didn't go to Philbin? He didn't go to Dawn Aponte either. He should have gone to Stephen Ross maybe? Better yet! He Should have tweeted Roger Goodell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Martins situation and the OPs situation are entirely different things. Martin had a agenda from the start. His parents had an agenda. Martins PR and Legal team had/have an agenda. In that agenda, you can find enough disgust to not feel sorry for Martin. He made his bed, let the sissy boy lay in it.

gofins60 there are people who never experience people who joke around with each other like that. So they can not rationalize how that's even a possibility. I use to say the same thing about many issues, how anyone cant believe this or that can happen, because i seen it so many times. But those who are ignorant to certain experiences really cant comprehend the possibility.

I use to ask "how can anyone come to a decision to use crack in today's world, haven't they seen a crackhead before?". And the answer is NO, they never seen a crackhead so they ignorant to the outcome of using crack.

Plus different generations were raised different so they have different sensitivity levels. But regardless, I truly believe we need to stop sheltering weakness from the world, and instead start teaching them how to deal with the world.

There is nothing WRONG with how Incognito acted when he around those friends that accept, understand and communicate with each other like that. It only becomes WRONG if you told him your not comfortable with that language and he CONTINUES to do so.

"If your the only one with a problem, chances are your the problem."

This is one of the best post I've come across on this board. Kudos.:brewskis:

I don't even like using the term "bully" for adults, its either assault or just one human being a dick to another.

When you sift through all the nonsense and garbage, this is what its all about. 20 something grown men, don't get bullied. If someone is bugging you at a bar, you have 2 choices...let him know its unacceptable, or take your merry ass to another bar. Been there done that. Its cheaper 99.9999% of the time to got to another bar. But there is that one time, when you have to stand up.

He told Jim Turner and Jeff Ireland. Turner ignored it and Jeff Ireland is quoted as telling him to "punch Incognito in the face."

So now what? Your bottom line was erroneous but I'm guessing you haven't changed your mind. Cause he didn't go to Philbin? He didn't go to Dawn Aponte either. He should have gone to Stephen Ross maybe? Better yet! He Should have tweeted Roger Goodell.

We do not know if those stories are true. In fact, the Ireland story you mentioned was proven that Ireland said that AFTER the snake left the team. As for Jim Turner, we know nothing of what he knew and his conduct.

Jon Martin has a responsibility to advocate for himself as an adult in a professional situation my friend and he never did. He is lousy football player, that seems love marijuana that sold out people that cared for him. He is a bum.

I'm trying to bully you? Really?

My not wanting Incognito back predates the Martin issue and has everything to do with the fact that he was trouble at every football stop he's ever made. Clearly though, you're an Incognito fan boi so anything else I say about this probably falls on deaf ears.

I've gone over this already. And while I can understand how someone with little knowledge of the problem can come to this conclusion, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Well now that I know that you are a anti-incognito from the begin with and this incident just fuels your desires. The reason I am defending Incognito is because I do not want a player who is trying to scam my team and dictate the dolphins roster to be success. Its embarrassing that Martin has been this successful so far with his scheme. Plus I do not care what your past is, if you being played its not right. Im not all on the "you did something wrong in the past, you deserve what u get today" belief.

And what fact am I wrong, that there are inconsistencies of Martin being Bully?? Where?? Bantering each other is proof of Bullying, being FRIENDS is proof of bullying?? The only thing i have seen as evidence of Bullying is rookie hazing. If that's all that happened and may be Martin held a grudge from his rookie season that he never let go.

I'm sorry I started a new thread, but I didn't want it to get buried even though it is not easy to write about for the public to see. I want people to read this not so they could feel bad for me because my life is great now, but I write it so you can see that people have been in Martin's shoes before, a lot of people, and a lot of times they get treated how you people have been treating Martin... they get called names just for speaking up for themselves.

I have never seen a bully/aggressor be protected the way this guy Incognito has been revered by some of the people on this forum. No matter what opinions you guys have about Martin it does not excuse Incognito calling him a half ****** and threatening his family. Those are the kinds of words people have died over in the past. There is physical proof, tapes of Incognito clearly berating Martin, with racist remarks. There is no proof of Martin doing anything bad, only being sociable with Incognito, joking around with rude remarks but nothing like Incognito did to Martin.

I'm going to have to get personal to try to explain this from my point of view. I am a hispanic male, growing up I was literally homeless at times, I was over weight and short. I never considered myself a nerd, and I wasn't picked on constantly because I always moved around for financial reasons, and because of that no one ever got the chance to truly pick on me. But as someone who went to many schools, I can explain how some individuals in the school were known as bullies or "tough guys", every school has them.

I have always been quick witted and quicker to spit it. This led to many people not liking my outspoken demeanor. I have always considered myself a very nice guy and have always been able to befriend from the toughest of the tough guys to the nerdiest of the nerd guys.

But then, there are those people that outright don't like you. Most of them ignore you, but then there is one or a couple of guys, who are literally up to no good, who given the circumstances could verbally berate you or even hit you. These types of guys loved me, meaning "they ****ing hated me and the type of person I am."

I am not an Alpha type physically, but I consider myself intelligent, and I have found myself against bullies often times being the "new guy" wherever I went. What do I mean by being bullied? I mean that at different times these "bullies or roughnecks" called me names, made fun of me, strong armed me, shoved me, threatened to beat me up, and all kinds of intimidation tactics to try make me scared or uneasy.

Everyone knows how to deal with a bully, you stand up for yourself, if not it will continue. I, on the other hand, always found violence to be needless until you have to defend yourself. I have never thrown the first punch in any fight, and I never will if I don't have to. I have defeated all of my "bullies" by either befriending them, fighting them, or ultimately moving away from the situation.

I know exactly what Martin did, because I used to do it too, he got picked on, by someone he saw almost every day. Even though he didn't want to, he tried to befriend him in order for things to stop, or to calm the situation, instead of fighting or telling someone. But bullies are like bombs, they have short fuses and are very unstable, and will blow up in your face if not properly disarmed.

At first, he didn't like it, but he befriended cogs only to see if he could take care of the situation without telling someone, because if he did tell someone, all **** would hit the fan. But one day, Incognito blew up in Martin's face by way of voicemail, and I am completely sure that there were worse occasions that occurred between them, which meant Martin had to tell the front office because things were getting out of hand.

I want to say more but I know people will only think I am a "rat" or "snake" or "*****" just like Martin, for standing up for someone who decided to stand up for himself.

P.S. - I hate both Martin and Incognito at this point. But that won't make me see the truth less clearly. Martin sucks at football and Incogito is a bigot asshole(I knew this before he came to Miami).

Blah blah blah. Cry me a river. Go get therapy if your feelings are hurt. Someone call the whaaaaaaambalance, this cry baby needs it

I truly believe this is why everyone in the locker room and on this forum hate him. I say it is a machista point of view, that most bullies, and misogynist men share.

and if the players think this way, you think the fans, who mythologize these guys and want to be like them(they even wear their favorite players jerseys to look just like them) are going to go against the word of their heroes? I love football and the Dolphins but I am smart enough to know that NFL players and teams make very bad decisions, regardless if they are the Dolphins or not.

Man I was hoping to avoid directly speaking to you. But your posts really reek of a POV that most men don't agree with. You are satisfied for having a excuse and being a victim.

A few years ago, I went to a job site on Ft Riley. My employer who was local sent his shop along with getting Union labor out of KCMO. By lunch time you knew who the assholes were. One of them, after lunch was on a lift with me. He used his tin hammer and popped my hard hat. Its was annoying and bs, especially since I didn't know the guy like that. Despite him being a big moose redneck, I turned to him and told him he does it again, I will have something for him after work. He never talked to me again.

Grow some ****ing balls. You have 18 year old men go and fight in terrible places in this world. They take a oath and they see it through. To see this pansy ass 20 something football player do this is a mockery of manhood. Its straight soft ***** ass ****. He should be ashamed of himself. And those carrying his water, should be too.:boohoo:

There are legit harassment issues in the workplace in America. Martin and Incognito is not one of these.

Dude you are misinformed on a lot. He never told anyone what was going on. Straight out of Martin mouth, he said he spoke to a coach above him but never told the coach what was specifically happening. Another words the person he talked to did not know anything either.

What is Jim Turner suppose to do if Martin goes to him and say "Man the guys are getting on my nerves". He tells Turner nothing specific, Turner cant make a decision off of none specific information.

The whole Ireland response was after Martin left the team, after all this was reported to the media and and finally Ireland at least spoke to his agent and said that. Martin did not even talk to the team after he left. The dolphins were finding things out through the media. Martin is suppose to be too scared to go to anyone on his team, but yet brave enough to go to the media and tell them all for the world to know his troubles. When does the media become the calming ear to speak too?

I mean really illscriptures a grown ass man should not go through life not being able to stand up for him self, that is part of maturing into an adult. If you think its OKAY to be submissive as an adult, then you going to get stumped all over. That is just life not just football.

Blah blah blah. Cry me a river. Go get therapy if your feelings are hurt. Someone call the whaaaaaaambalane, this cry baby needs it

You don't know it but you make a better case for the things I am saying because you are doing exactly what I predicted some people would do, making readers think that maybe my other points might be credible too. I think therapy is a good thing for one's mental health and when I get a little more money , I would love to hire a psychiatrist to discuss my life with.

I think your mentality gives a great example of why so many of you are wrong for standing up for Richie Incognito and bashing Jonathan Martin.

The funny thing is that, I don't even like Martin but you guys hate him so adamantly on no evidence, that it makes me see how wrong you are. All of you guys have given reasons for hating Martin that are all hear say, and then follow it by calling him names. Everyone against incognito cites actual empirical evidence but don't insult Incognito. I started insulting Incognito on the simple notion that it was unfair to Martin. All good arguments don't need to be reinforced by insulting the subject. It is evident that most of you hold a grudge against Martin and won't let you see things clearly. We all have biases but you guys can't seem to get over yours. Yes, I have my own bias, I was picked on before, so I could possibly have a bias against "bullies". You are right I do, but I am able to separate myself from that bias and take the information as it is given. I am a pre-law student and that is one of the things one is taught to exercise as a lawyer, separating their personal lives from a case. But I am no lawyer... yet.

Dude you are misinformed on a lot. He never told anyone what was going on. Straight out of Martin mouth, he said he spoke to a coach above him but never told the coach what was specifically happening. Another words the person he talked to did not know anything either.

What is Jim Turner suppose to do if Martin goes to him and say "Man the guys are getting on my nerves". He tells Turner nothing specific, Turner cant make a decision off of none specific information.

The whole Ireland response was after Martin left the team, after all this was reported to the media and and finally Ireland at least spoke to his agent and said that. Martin did not even talk to the team after he left. The dolphins were finding things out through the media. Martin is suppose to be too scared to go to anyone on his team, but yet brave enough to go to the media and tell them all for the world to know his troubles. When does the media become the calming ear to speak too?

I mean really illscriptures a grown ass man should not go through life not being able to stand up for him self, that is part of maturing into an adult. If you think its OKAY to be submissive as an adult, then you going to get stumped all over. That is just life not just football.

That is also what it is like in jail. I feel you have an archaic view on life where people need to intimidate each other to be able to interact. I'm sorry but your logic is flawed to me. You are basically just saying "Martin should have beaten up Incognito." And that kind of thinking is not only brutish but it is specifically against NFL policy.

I'm not saying to love Martin, but I am saying your hate for him is uncalled for.

Trying to ingratiate themselves with their bully is a tactic often used by victims of bullying, so what you're saying isn't good evidence of the version of Martin's mindset or intent you're assuming to be true.

Again (because if i don't say it every damn time someone says I'm on Martin's side), this isn't an endorsement of Martin's story. I have no idea what was actually going on in his head. This is just to address the misinformation on the general subject that you and others have been propagating.
So tell me, if you and I go back and forth busting each others chops, how the hell do I know if it's bothering you or not. Incognito thought he was having fun with a friend who was also doing the same thing to him. How was he supposed to know the pansy was planning on saving everything, quitting a d getting a lawyer. You make it sound like these are 5th grade children. Martin is a grown man with a freaking Stanford education, you telling me he couldn't help himself? This entire situation is ridiculous. Two freaking idiots. One a meat head, the other an infantile baby.

The funny thing is that, I don't even like Martin but you guys hate him so adamantly on no evidence, that it makes me see how wrong you are. All of you guys have given reasons for hating Martin that are all hear say, and then follow it by calling him names. Everyone against incognito cites actual empirical evidence but don't insult Incognito. I started insulting Incognito on the simple notion that it was unfair to Martin. All good arguments don't need to be reinforced by insulting the subject. It is evident that most of you hold a grudge against Martin and won't let you see things clearly. We all have biases but you guys can't seem to get over yours. Yes, I have my own bias, I was picked on before, so I could possibly have a bias against "bullies". You are right I do, but I am able to separate myself from that bias and take the information as it is given. I am a pre-law student and that is one of the things one is taught to exercise as a lawyer, separating their personal lives from a case. But I am no lawyer... yet.

I find you all wrong about the events that went on, and even about your self. Dude yet i do not disagree with you, you are standing up for your belief. Please teach people to speak up and fight for your beliefs, and that being a victim is not okay.

Back
Top Bottom