My bully story... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My bully story...

That is also what it is like in jail. I feel you have an archaic view on life where people need to intimidate each other to be able to interact. I'm sorry but your logic is flawed to me. You are basically just saying "Martin should have beaten up Incognito." And that kind of thinking is not only brutish but it is specifically against NFL policy.

I'm not saying to love Martin, but I am saying your hate for him is uncalled for.

Beating up? Where did I suggest that. What the hell?? Now you just jumped off the cliff on me. Explain this assumption that he should be beaten up?

What if the report comes out and it finds in favor of Martin will you all rescind your accusations and hate for Martin?

If the report comes back and says that Incognito didn't do anything wrong, which it won't, cause we have all seen the voicemails, regardless if he played it back to his teammates and they joked about it, it was wrong, and a normal person could get fire and sued for the same things happening publicly at work. Why should this be different? Because they play football? If I throw poop at a plumber or trash at a garbage man, do you think that is ok, and I won't go to jail? Do you think if it's a black plumber and I throw the poop while calling him a "******" that I won't be charged with a hate crime? Because if you do you are wrong.

Let me guess what you are going to say! That this is different. That this is a team sport. That they worked together everyday. What if it is a kid in physical education class playing football every day, and his team mate is doing and saying the same things. Saying " you half-****** piece of ****... protect our quarterback better or you, and your family, are gonna get yours." And after the game, which they won by the way, he comes over to him and apologizes, saying he didn't mean it and the two laugh about it. But then a week or two later, they play football again, and something very similar happens, this time he doesn't say the word half-****** though. Is that not bullying? Because I argue that it is the epitome of it, with racist undertones. You don't think that is wrong? Then you could never see how Martin is right.

I am done with this subject. There is nothing any of you could logically say to berate Jonathan Martin.

I hate Jonathan Martin cause he sucks at football, you guys hate Jonathan Martin for some other reason and that is the problem.

Beating up? Where did I suggest that. What the hell?? Now you just jumped off the cliff on me.

You talked about standing up for himself. The guy threatened his life and his family's life repeatedly and called him a derogatory term based on his race. How you don't expect violence to be the next logical step, other than laughing about it(which they did), or Martin telling on him(which he did). Then I don't know what you expect to happen. Did you expect them to sit down and talk about it seriously, and Richie Incognito would grow as a person because of it and that wouldn't make him a bigot? This is not an after school special.

What if the report comes out and it finds in favor of Martin will you all rescind your accusations and hate for Martin?

If the report comes back and says that Incognito didn't do anything wrong, which it won't, cause we have all seen the voicemails, regardless if he played it back to his teammates and they joked about it, it was wrong, and a normal person could get fire and sued for the same things happening publicly at work. Why should this be different? Because they play football? If I throw poop at a plumber or trash at a garbage man, do you think that is ok, and I won't go to jail? Do if it's a black plumber and I throw the poop while calling him a "******" that I won't be charged with a hate crime? Because if you do you are wrong.

Let me guess what you are going to say! That this is different. That this is a team sport. That they worked together everyday. What if it is a kid in physical education class playing football every day, and his team mate is doing and saying the same things. Saying " you half-****** piece of ****... protect our quarterback better or you, and your family, are gonna get yours." And after the game, which they won by the way, he comes over to him and apologizes, saying he didn't mean it and the two laugh about it. But then a week or two later, they play football again, and something very similar happens, this time he doesn't say the word half-****** though. Is that not bullying? Because I argue that it is the epitome of it, with racist undertones. You don't think that is wrong? Then you could never see how Martin is right.

I am done with this subject. There is nothing any of you could logically say to berate Jonathan Martin.

I hate Jonathan Martin cause he sucks at football, you guys hate Jonathan Martin for some other reason and that is the problem.

Wow dude you really do not get it. No I can not get fired from my job on what I say to my friends especially if that friend does not a voice his displeasure to me prior too. It only become harassment when a party express his displeasure and the other party continues the behavior.

The voice mail does not prove Bullying!!! It just proves that they both use vulgar language when joking with each other. You need to get out, go to a bar and watch drunk ass friend talk to each other. They do so, because they all are aware that they are playing and joking. Martin if he felt truly uncomfortable, then he straight up manipulated everyone in believing that he was cool and understanding that this is just joking and not bullying!!!! Gosh really

Incognito was playing, Martin knew incognito was playing.......................................... It evidence and shows when he playfully responses back. Martin DIDNT TELL ON him, please for god sake where are you getting that from??

Dude really believe that your really going to hangout with someone that you believe will harm you and your family?? If you make that move, then you even more of an idiot and i can not trust decision making. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald stood up for himself and expressed his displeasure for the joking, please read its a fine simple example for standing up for one self with out fist fighting;

One more thing:

None of this gets Richie Incognito off the hook. He's a meathead. He displays all the signs of a bully -- loud, obnoxious at times, demanding attention. But because he's something of a bully, he can be stopped dead in his tracks.

Early in training camp in 2013 he started calling another reporter a "nerd." One day as I'm standing in the middle of the locker room, he walks by and starts joking about me looking like I was lifting weights (which I don't) and then started speaking gibberish as if in mocking Spanish.

I asked Incognito politely, but firmly and seriously to stop. "Just stop."

He did. Never again.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-dolphins-offensive-tackle.html#storylink=cpy

Armando expressed himself and went along with his business. There was no need to go get a lawyer, check into rehab, force your job to pay you. You may need to take classes for standing up for yourself if you think it only resort to fighting. You could not hang any where near the crowd I hang out with, you will feel soooo threatened..

I feel bad for anyone that gets pick on by a bully but your story and the martin-cogs story is apples and oranges. Btw, I believe that most of us have been picked on or bullied by someone at some point in our lives.......99% of the time when we were in school.......

I had to weigh in after folleing this topic for awhile.

Like many, I was bullied growing up. Its expected at school (??) but it was the worst on Sunday at church. I tried running and hiding which didn't not work. I tried playing along w/ no success. It took me hitting two different people twice before people stopped "messing with me"

Unlike the OP, I was quite the introvert growing up and was & am still perceived weird (or is that limited edition?) like JM. Even now, it takes me sometime to adapt to new "social situations". So, People like to give a bad time until they realize how quick witted & literate I am. Nothing makes a "harraser" pump the breaks more than having to process a Groucho Marx or Bob Newhart like observation.

Bullygate was fascinating when it first broke. By Thanksgiving, it was a pain in the a$$. I have no sympathy or animosity for JM or RI. I'd bet soon this story will start making waves again but by the time FA starts (if not Presidents day); it will be old news and there will be a new crisis du jour to OCD on i.e. Nancy Grace.

Well now that I know that you are a anti-incognito from the begin with and this incident just fuels your desires.
My desire needed no fueling. If that were true, I'd have been declaring Martin a victim in this but you won't find any post where I've done that.

The reason I am defending Incognito is because I do not want a player who is trying to scam my team and dictate the dolphins roster to be success.
This isn't an "either or" situation. No one is compelled to take a side in this. Neither player involved is a great asset to the team. As I said before, they're both going to be gone and good riddance.

Im not all on the "you did something wrong in the past, you deserve what u get today" belief.
Incognito isn't coming off of just one bad situation. He got bounced out of Nebraska. He got bounced out of Oregon after one week on the team. When he came out of college he wasn't even on some club's boards because of serious character issues. He wore out his welcome in St. Louis and Buffalo. Neither team wanted him back. And I don't know if it's true or not, but there's a story that's gone around that Philbin wanted him off the Dolphins but Ireland over-ruled him.

And what fact am I wrong...?
I said you were wrong in characterizing Martin's relationship with Incognito as proof that no bullying happened. Martin's behavior isn't inconsistent with how some victims respond to bullying. I believe this is the 3rd time I've had to tell you that. If you're still confused by that, there's not much more I can do to enlighten you.

What you said seems pretty racist to me, but I'm pretty sure you don't see that. You basically just said black people would never do the right thing if it means choosing a white guy over a black guy.It is hard to take any point you made or that you support seriously when I know you already think this way.
Ok. Im not sure were you got that i said black dudes wouldn't do the right thing. But i think we are just have como issues. So ill simplify it. Im saying that i dont believe a locker room that is probably atleast 75% black dudes, would support a known or suspected racist, especially if the racist were white and his victim were black. That's what im saying. They wouldn't support a racist. Unless you really think they'd support a known or suspected racist white male and his victim were black? I dont think you do. I just think we had issues with our comms. How copy?

I truly believe this is why everyone in the locker room and on this forum hate him. I say it is a machista point of view, that most bullies, and misogynist men share.

and if the players think this way, you think the fans, who mythologize these guys and want to be like them(they even wear their favorite players jerseys to look just like them) are going to go against the word of their heroes? I love football and the Dolphins but I am smart enough to know that NFL players and teams make very bad decisions, regardless if they are the Dolphins or not.

Just to clarify, what was your original point you wanted readers to "get" when you started this thread?

Shoot man, I was bullied hard from 3rd-6th grade, way before I had any courage to stand up for myself. I would literally come home with a different bruise every other day from just getting punched or kicked on the bus. I couldn't remove myself because it was how I got home from school and all the kids lived in my neighborhood. I also wouldn't have even thought about going to hang out with them or sit next to them on the bus. Martin's ****ty actions will hurt the case of those who are bullied everywhere. He's also not a 8-10 year old like I was, he's a grown man. From one adult to another, you say "stop the ****" and if that doesn't work then you either get the employer involved or you stand your damn ground. His side doesn't add up. I think both guys are in the wrong, but damn Martin handled it the wrong way.

Martin then said in a text on the same day, "Yeah I'm good man. It's insane bro but just know I don't blame you guys at all its just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little … Btw … never check yourself into a mental hospital.
Is that the actual full quote of the text?

Is that the actual full quote of the text?

Yes that what the text says and here is more detail

Mr Martin left the team a week later, but continued exchanging messages with his publicly fingered bully.
‘Wassup man? The world’s gone crazy lol I’m good tho congrats on the win,’ he wrote November 1.
‘Thanks dude. It’s unbelievable all the attention this is getting. All that’s important is that you feel better and know we miss u dude,’ Mr Incognito replied.
‘Yeah I’m good man. It’s insane bro but just know I don’t blame you guys at all its just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little. Btw…never check yourself into a mental hospital,’ said Mr Martin.
The two men went back and forth a few more times before Mr Incognito took a picture of an ESPN.com article titled ‘Sources: NFLPA Eyes Martin Case’ and asked ‘what’s up with this?’
Mr Martin denied he had anything to do with it.
Mr Incognito reached out to him again the next day, writing ‘I need you buddy I’m getting killed in the media.’ He received no reply.
‘Bro can we talk? The dolphins are talking about releasing me,’ he wrote the following day. Again, no reply.
It was at that time the bullying allegations were made public.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ncognito-sandpaper-condoms.html#ixzz2s7X71A6K
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know exactly what Martin did, because I used to do it too, he got picked on, by someone he saw almost every day. Even though he didn't want to, he tried to befriend him in order for things to stop, or to calm the situation, instead of fighting or telling someone. But bullies are like bombs, they have short fuses and are very unstable, and will blow up in your face if not properly disarmed.

I don't think you understand what he did. He was fine with bullying when it wasn't happening to him (car theft incident), and basically pulled a Cartman (screw you guys, I'm going home) when the jokes started flying in his direction. He is a giant whiny baby who was obviously shielded from real life until his first training camp.

Let me tell you what I did when I was bullied (by bullied I mean beaten black and blue, stuff burned/ripped to shreds, etc) during high school. The first few times I fought back, which worked. Then the guys brought friends. So I made sure to stay in populated areas when they were around, and eventually found people who hated these guys, and made them my friends (even though they were nearly as unlikable as the former group). This worked really well, because the first time they came at me in the weight room when those guys were around, they jumped them from behind. After that, they left me alone for the most part. When one of them persisted in trying to make my life hell a few months later, I asked around, and found out which football coach disliked these jocks the most. I went to him and told him what was going on, and he bullied them until their lives were miserable until they graduated.

It's called being resourceful. Martin went to freaking Stanford. Are we really supposed to believe he can't figure out basic functions of life, and neither can anyone he talks to? Or is it more likely that he's just a giant crybaby who got mad at being moved to right tackle, and used the normal locker room banter as a way to continue to get paid without working?

What Martin did is the equivalent of me telling one teacher that some of the kids don't like me, without getting into specifics, then dropping out of school, blackmailing the principal into giving me a diploma, and then contacting the national media to tell them how Miami High School doesn't care about bullying, giving only details that would help my case, and making up random crap to fill in the spaces that make no sense.

I don't think you understand what he did. He was fine with bullying when it wasn't happening to him (car theft incident), and basically pulled a Cartman (screw you guys, I'm going home) when the jokes started flying in his direction. He is a giant whiny baby who was obviously shielded from real life until his first training camp.

Let me tell you what I did when I was bullied (by bullied I mean beaten black and blue, stuff burned/ripped to shreds, etc) during high school. The first few times I fought back, which worked. Then the guys brought friends. So I made sure to stay in populated areas when they were around, and eventually found people who hated these guys, and made them my friends (even though they were nearly as unlikable as the former group). This worked really well, because the first time they came at me in the weight room when those guys were around, they jumped them from behind. After that, they left me alone for the most part. When one of them persisted in trying to make my life hell a few months later, I asked around, and found out which football coach disliked these jocks the most. I went to him and told him what was going on, and he bullied them until their lives were miserable until they graduated.

It's called being resourceful. Martin went to freaking Stanford. Are we really supposed to believe he can't figure out basic functions of life, and neither can anyone he talks to? Or is it more likely that he's just a giant crybaby who got mad at being moved to right tackle, and used the normal locker room banter as a way to continue to get paid without working?

What Martin did is the equivalent of me telling one teacher that some of the kids don't like me, without getting into specifics, then dropping out of school, blackmailing the principal into giving me a diploma, and then contacting the national media to tell them how Miami High School doesn't care about bullying, giving only details that would help my case, and making up random crap to fill in the spaces that make no sense.

:clap: bravo!!
illscriptures, you are the one depicting him as a cry baby and a weakling. What me and vagrantprodigy are trying to tell you its hard for us to believe that he was a scary dude or the weakling you describe. We see him as a quitter, then got with his team and staged this intelligent plan to save money (thats where his Standford education came in hand). And possibly even more money... Thats why it went to the MEDIA!! not the coaches...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom