My Dolphins Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dolphins Mock

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
We have no 5th, and two 7ths (I think...). Anyway, here it is:

(1) Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas (We would play him at S)

(2) Bobby Carpenter, OLB/DE, Ohio State (Our Mike Vrabel)

(3) Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB (Cannon arm, reminds many of Leftwich)

(4) Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Playmaker)

(5) Manuel Wright, DT, USC (One year ahead of schedule)

(6) Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville (6'2, 321... Future NT? DL needs youth)

(7) Jabari Levey, OT, South Carolina (Potential sleeper, Houck is terrific)

(7) Brandon Johnson, OLB, Louisville (Good size at 6'5... LBs usually make good ST guys)

So there you have it. What do you think?

I like Hackney and believe he really made Roddy White the reciever he was in college. Your mock adresses our needs but i think we may go with a reciever to develop in the later round

A WR could definitely replace Johnson as our final 7th rounder.. But an OLB is more likely to immediately contribute, likely on special teams. It also depends on what we do in free agency.

Dolfan1000 said:
(3) Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB (Cannon arm, reminds many of Leftwich)

Other than he's 4 inches shorter and Leftwich put up much better numbers at Marshall.

We need to come out of this draft with a better QB prospect than Hackney.

Well, Stanley could easily fall to the 7th... By the time you get to that late in day two its pretty tough to predict/argue where guys will go.

General Tso said:
Other than he's 4 inches shorter and Leftwich put up much better numbers at Marshall.

We need to come out of this draft with a better QB prospect than Hackney.

Agreed. Plus Hackney is 10x more mobile than Leftwich, not seeing ANY comparisons there.

How About ANTONIO CROMARTIE. MAxey is not a playmaker. You have been mistaken. Cromartie is a PLAYMAKER. We should get him in the 1st or 2nd..

jon19 said:
How About ANTONIO CROMARTIE. MAxey is not a playmaker. You have been mistaken. Cromartie is a PLAYMAKER. We should get him in the 1st or 2nd..

No way he falls to the 4th!

dominizzo said:
i love itbut instead of Haackney id like Omar JAcobs or Paul Pinegar

If Jacobs fell to the 3rd he would be the pick. I guess its possible.

Dolfan1000 said:
No way he falls to the 4th!

Did you read his post? He said 1st or 2nd. That said, no way I spend a 1st on a guy coming off a major injury.

SpeedRush99 said:
Did you read his post? He said 1st or 2nd. That said, no way I spend a 1st on a guy coming off a major injury.

Lay off man. My point is to say "Maxey isnt a playmaker!! Cromartie is!!" is pretty ridiculous, considering one is a projected 4th rounder and the other will likely be gone early on Day 1. Obviously they are not the same caliber.

Dolfan1000 said:
If Jacobs fell to the 3rd he would be the pick. I guess its possible.

Very possible. Jacobs is a 4th rounder right now, he needs a solid combine to be considered a legit 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom