My Dolphins Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dolphins Mock

Dolfan1000 said:
Lay off man. My point is to say "Maxey isnt a playmaker!! Cromartie is!!" is pretty ridiculous, considering one is a projected 4th rounder and the other will likely be gone early on Day 1. Obviously they are not the same caliber.

Lay off? All I said was did you read it, he clearly said 1st or 2nd, relax.

Yes I obviously read it, I responded to it specifically.

I already explained that I was simply pointing out that comparing the playmaking ability of the two players is ridiculous, consdering one would be drafted with our 1st or 2nd and the other with our 4th or lower.

I love all the picks except Hackney. Give me Whitehurst in the third instead and that's an ideal draft.
Whitehurst has ideal size and all the tools...he just needs to be coached up

Dolfan1000 said:
We have no 5th, and two 7ths (I think...). Anyway, here it is:

(1) Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas (We would play him at S)

(2) Bobby Carpenter, OLB/DE, Ohio State (Our Mike Vrabel)

(3) Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB (Cannon arm, reminds many of Leftwich)

(4) Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Playmaker)

(5) Manuel Wright, DT, USC (One year ahead of schedule)

(6) Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville (6'2, 321... Future NT? DL needs youth)

(7) Jabari Levey, OT, South Carolina (Potential sleeper, Houck is terrific)

(7) Brandon Johnson, OLB, Louisville (Good size at 6'5... LBs usually make good ST guys)

So there you have it. What do you think?

I don't know all the players you picked, but I certainly agree with the positions you chose to address.

ghost of marino said:
I love all the picks except Hackney. Give me Whitehurst in the third instead and that's an ideal draft.
Whitehurst has ideal size and all the tools...he just needs to be coached up

Good call.

I am not attacking you. In my opinion, Maxey is not a playmaker. He was solid in college but not a playmaker. Sean Taylor and Ed Reed are playmakers but not Maxey. Include Cromartie in that statement.

Dolfan1000 said:
We have no 5th, and two 7ths (I think...). Anyway, here it is:

(1) Michael Huff, CB/S, Texas (We would play him at S)

(2) Bobby Carpenter, OLB/DE, Ohio State (Our Mike Vrabel)

(3) Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB (Cannon arm, reminds many of Leftwich)

(4) Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Playmaker)

(5) Manuel Wright, DT, USC (One year ahead of schedule)

(7) Jabari Levey, OT, South Carolina (Potential sleeper, Houck is terrific)

(7) Brandon Johnson, OLB, Louisville (Good size at 6'5... LBs usually make good ST guys)

I like the top 2 picks but not the QB.I also don't like the corner plus I think we need a SS instead of a corner anyway.I don't like to take a guy like Huff with our top pick and then move him to another positon but he's a good players tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
I like the top 2 picks but not the QB.I also don't like the corner plus I think we need a SS instead of a corner anyway.I don't like to take a guy like Huff with our top pick and then move him to another positon but he's a good players tho.

Ozzy rules!!

He is a safety. He has the speed to play both though.

SpeedRush99 said:
He is a safety. He has the speed to play both though.
I know he's been playing safety but he's a tweener to some people.Don't get me wrong,I'm not gonna cry if we get him cos he's a good player.I just wanna know where our top pick is gonna play before we draft him.

Ozzy rules!!

Dolfan1000 said:

Not possible as San Diego now owns our 6th rounder per our Feeley/Clemon trade.

We gave them our 6th rounder basically to dump his salary and let us spread the cap hit.

I like this mock, very well thought out and after this we would be set for a good season

i agree to a certain extent - we do need to address qb, secondary and lb. i would include offensive line, and the seventh round is too late. from the sounds of things, none of us are going to agree completely on our respective mocks. i myself would prefer cutler in the first, then bpa at any of the other three areas in the following rounds. hackney doesn't thrill me at all, nor does whitehurst.

Dolfan1000 said:
Yes I obviously read it, I responded to it specifically.

I already explained that I was simply pointing out that comparing the playmaking ability of the two players is ridiculous, consdering one would be drafted with our 1st or 2nd and the other with our 4th or lower.

The round you are drafted in has little to do with how good you will be in the future

Guys drafted in the first round arnt always better but actually just ready to play sooner

Id rather have Maxey anyway he is a solid cover corner who can play zone defense, and we wouldnt have to waste an earlier pick to get him

Cromartie is good but the only thing he really has over maxey is size and hype

cowtowndick said:
i agree to a certain extent - we do need to address qb, secondary and lb. i would include offensive line, and the seventh round is too late. from the sounds of things, none of us are going to agree completely on our respective mocks. i myself would prefer cutler in the first, then bpa at any of the other three areas in the following rounds. hackney doesn't thrill me at all, nor does whitehurst.
Cutler is gonna be gone before the 16th pick, after the combine and Senior Bowl he will be a top 10 pick

Maxey is a really fast corner and we need speed in our secoundary

Back
Top Bottom