My First Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Mock Draft

saves said:
I like those first 4 rounds bro. Lawson is a bit of an unknown to me, but with those numbers and the rave reviews I'm hearing about him, he should be A OK.
Cromartie would be an absolute STEAL in the second round I think
As for the DT, I don't think he is much of a need with Wright and Vickerson showing some promise, but big guys are hard to find so it might be a safe bet.

A note on Jacobs, your McNabb comparison is way off, he is more....**** I dunno...OMAR JACOBS
He dosn't have near the wheels of McNabb, hes a passer straight up.

And the dude knocking Omar, who gives a **** about mechanics and his delivery when he gets the ball exactly where it needs to be, and with juice

He did throw the ball downfield, but I guess you read that on some killer draft site.

He played some quality opponents very well...and more than enough QB's have came from the same conference with success (see the current super bowl QB)

and finally....he had a horrible senior season why...wait this one will really get you...BECAUSE HE IS A FREAKING JUNIOR

Thanks for playing...buh bye

There's alot of Omar Jacobs fans here :lol: and I respect that, but I don't like him and you have to respect my opinion. He's another Andre Ware and Tim Couch, they are systems Quarterbacks.

super_slash said:
how did you feel about Philip Rivers?

I don't like him either, he doesn't have the arm strenght to play in our system.

Phins28 said:
There's alot of Omar Jacobs fans here :lol: and I respect that, but I don't like him and you have to respect my opinion. He's another Andre Ware and Tim Couch, they are systems Quarterbacks.

I have no problem respecting another opinion, as long as you can back it up. And saying he has horrible mechanics, a few other things we have heard and discussed a thousand times, and then showing you don't even know what class he is in dosn't give me much to respect does it?

saves said:
I have no problem respecting another opinion, as long as you can back it up. And saying he has horrible mechanics, a few other things we have heard and discussed a thousand times, and then showing you don't even know what class he is in dosn't give me much to respect does it?

I made a mistake on his class sooooooo? I watched a few of his games and I read all his scouting reports I know what I'm talking about.

Phins28 said:
I made a mistake on his class sooooooo? I watched a few of his games and I read all his scouting reports I know what I'm talking about.

Okay well enlighten me....which games did you watch and what did you notice that was so bad? What red flags did you see and read about in his scouting reports?

Solid draft. I'm starting to warm up to the possibility of Jacobs. With the right coaching I think he could be solid.

I have a problem with shot-gun QB's too, but Ben Rothlesberger was a MAC QB who played in the shotgun

the guy has a strong acurate arm and is tall, he threw well at the combine

he has everything Rivers has

SpeedRush99 said:
Solid draft. I'm starting to warm up to the possibility of Jacobs. With the right coaching I think he could be solid.

This statement is really shocking, But I felt almost the same way, But I have been turned around by this guy at the combine and the research I have done too.

Silverphin said:
This is my first ever draft mock. Seeing as I know more about the fins than I know about the 31 other teams in the league, I'll keep the draft within our own team.

Assumptions made: We don't land Brees. Gus is again our starter. The top three QB prospects are gone before we pick.

Round 1-

Manny Lawson 4-3 DE/3-4 LB North Carolina State - The bad news is, we don't even have a snowball's chance in hell to land Lienart, Young or Cutler without trading a good amount of picks. The good news? We can draft a Defensive End/Linebacker that has the measurables similar our own hybrid player, Jason Taylor. Would he need some work? Of course. But with Kevin Carter and Jason Taylor showing him the ropes, there's almost no doubt he'll suceed. With Matt Roth looking like he'll be less of the Jason Taylor type DE and more of a Kevin Carter type DE, Manny Lawson will have us set for DE for years.

Round 2-

Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State - He has the height (6'3") to go up against tall receivers like Plaxico Burress. He has speed (4.37 in the 40 according to NFL Draft Countdown). Of course, he needs work like any other prospect. But the biggest problem is that he is coming off a knee injury. While it may dissuade quite a few teams, we took it a risk with Channing Crowder despite his injury history. So why not on Cromartie?

Round 3-

Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green - He'll be a project. Quite a few people knock his throwing motion, though apparently he has been working on it. Which is good - that means he's willing to learn. Now check his positives from NFL Draft Countdown.

Sounds a lot like Donovan McNabb, no?

Round 4 -

Babatunde Oshinowo DT Stanford - Okay, before I start, his name is pronounced ba-ba-TOON-day OH-shi-no-who.

Now that I got that out of the way, Keith Traylor isn't getting any younger and Manuel Wright, despite the BRIGHT (not bright, BRIGHT) future he as with this team, is too tall to be a Nose Tackle. While the likes of Ngata and Watson are gone, Babatunde can be our future two gapper, our Tim Bowenian-type pick up. Plus "The Truck" can place him under his wing. In the future, our D-Line could look something like this.

4-3 (from Left End to Right End): Matt Roth, Manuel Wright, Kevin Vickerson, Manny Lawson

3-4 (Same order): Matt Roth, Babatunde Oshinowo, Kevin Vickerson

7a - Thomas Parker WR Florida Atlantic University - Weird pick? Maybe. But the last two years, he has really stepped his game up for Owls (29 catches for 584 yards and 20.1 yards per reception). And we do need some receivers. While our top three receivers (Chambers, Booker, and Welker) have been proven keepers, there is a huge drop off after that.

7b - BPA

7c - BPA
As much as I like Lawson I'm not sure he should be a priority as we already have JT and he's not that old yet....I've said before that we need Rob Carpenter more than we need Lawson.Cromartie should be gone way before the 51 pick.Jacobs I'd not touch on day one....I'd rather have Whitehurst but is academic as I think we'll get Brees.....I love the 4th round pick if he's there....so I give you 2 of the top 4 cos I do like Lawson....just not sure he should be our top pick cos he won't start right away for us with JT there but Carpenter would start right away and be great with Zach and Crowder.

Ozzy rules!!

I also think Cromartie will be gone somewhere in the first round. Jacobs has really fallen....I think he is a Day Two pick. I think we are going to sign Brees next week.

Roman529 said:
I also think Cromartie will be gone somewhere in the first round. Jacobs has really fallen....I think he is a Day Two pick. I think we are going to sign Brees next week.

I agree about Cromartie however I would honestly like to know how Jacobs has fallen. He is not a day 2 pick and thats for sure! Jacobs has a great chance to be gone in the second with his Deadly accruacy and above average arm. You can't blame him for the system or college he went too. I think he is somewhat of a project, But has good upside IMO.

if Jacobs lasts to day 2, I could only imagine that it is racism

all this lauding Cutler for "competing" at the combine, lets give Jacobs credit too

getting Croyle or Jacobs would be sweet(if we don't sign Brees)

super_slash said:
if Jacobs lasts to day 2, I could only imagine that it is racism

all this lauding Cutler for "competing" at the combine, lets give Jacobs credit too

getting Croyle or Jacobs would be sweet(if we don't sign Brees)

Even if we sign Brees and Jacobs is there in the 3rd I say take him, Because you really don't know about Bree's Shoulder and Jacobs would be a nice project.

if we sign Brees, I would take a Day 2 QB

we have many needs to consider

super_slash said:
if we sign Brees, I would take a Day 2 QB

we have many needs to consider

This is true, But a QB of the Future should always be an option. Besides Bree's Shoulder might not be the best and I would rather have a young guy that we can mold from the very beggining than an older veteran that is just a temp solution and probably won't be that good. Some times you have to think about the future not just the present

Back
Top Bottom