My friend, who plays for the Bengals.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My friend, who plays for the Bengals..

DcRy82

Active Roster
Reaction score
My friend who plays for the Bengals is going to be in town this weekend. It didn't even cross my mind to ask him about Coach Coyle and what he thought of him or even his opinion of Reggie Nelson (if we are even looking at him anymore). He's played LB for the Bengals for the past 3 years, so I'm sure he has some sort of insight. Any questions you guys want me to ask him? I try not to bombard him with questions about football but it's hard not to sometimes. We had a convo last summer that consisted of T.O and Ochocinco were actually very good teammates and locker-room guys but the media stirs the pot. He said the guys who you think are jerks are usually well-liked in the locker-room and the one's that you'd never guess are the a-holes. He was also telling me that Carson retiring rather than playing was a bluff and that he really wouldn't play for the bengals, but he was pushing for a trade and never really intended on retiring. Nothing earth-shattering, but just cool to hear some of the locker-room chatter that takes place.
So again, any questions that you guys have I will try to "casually bring up" this weekend.

ask him if he would play for Ireland? have him text his agent for his view on ireland!

Some tidbits on Coyle would be interesting...

I would just ask him his honest thoughts on Coyle. No need to ask about Reggie Nelson, I don't think that's happening.

Couple questions on coyle would be awesome. Does he see him as a coach.that would run an attacking scheme. Is he a player friendly coach? Were any of the players upset to see.him not retained. and lastly just his opinion on how he wIll translate to defensive cordiNator, does he expect him to succeed?

THanks a lot man for trying to get us a few questions in. Can't twait to hear.from your friend

How smart is Coyle with game planning? How about as a teacher and in developing talent?

I once met a Bengal -- a product of Overtown: Eddy "Downtown" Brown. Whatever..! :rolleyes2:

My Question: Will the Fins be above .500 in 2012?

Guys, I'm going to ask him questions relevant to what he has knowledge about. He probably has no idea what he thinks our record will be and would be guessing. He probably doesn't even know what he thinks the Bengals record will be being that rosters are nowhere near complete at this point. Some of you I'm sure are joking/don't care, but some people on here might like to have some insight on what one of Coyle's old players thought of him and the scheme he runs.

Ok. I got a little info. Nothing crazy or earth shattering. I didn't wana be that guy that asked a buttload of questions about football. I'm sure he gets sick of it, but I did manage to get a small convo in about it.
He forgot I was a phins fan and said that he is hoping to play in Miami when his contract is up. He said he really likes what he's heard about playing in Miami from other guys. I asked him what he thought about Coach Coyle and these are the things he said:
- Didn't picture Coyle as a DC. Not because of knowledge, just didn't think he acted the part. Players loved him though and he's very knowledgeable.
- If he runs Zimmer's D, expect mostly 4-3 with a lot of man to man coverage, and a lot of cover 2 on passing downs. Said he'll probably run a very "smart defense", will probably blitz a lot, but won't be overly complicated. Will expect guys to win their 1 on 1 matchups and the safeties will be expected to cover a lot too (which would explain the Marshall pickup). Said he probably won't run much zone at all, and no crazy zone blitzing schemes. Just all 11 guys doing their individual assignments and putting guys in the right place at the right time to make plays.
That's pretty much it. Like I said, nothing crazy.

Back
Top Bottom