My friend, who plays for the Bengals.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My friend, who plays for the Bengals..

So is your friend Rey Maulaluga or Keith Rivers? They are the only 2 LB's on the Bengals that have been there 3 Years.

Rivers has played 4 years and Maulaluga 3 Years. So are you telling me it's Rey Maulaluga?

All other LB's on team are 2 years or under!

:lol: i was waiting for someone to post this...

He was the one who said that it was a LB who played the last 3 years. Made it way to easy. Thought I would share my fellow dolfans the time of doing the research. LOL!

For the Record I would LOVE to have Rey Maulaluga play for us. LOL!

Can't help it, I had too! LOL - It was too easy to look up and I am a detail freak!

Haha I was going to look up the years as well. But if he doesn't wanna tell us, thats fine and dandy. I find that respectable.

My friend who plays for the Bengals is going to be in town this weekend. It didn't even cross my mind to ask him about Coach Coyle and what he thought of him or even his opinion of Reggie Nelson (if we are even looking at him anymore). He's played LB for the Bengals for the past 3 years, so I'm sure he has some sort of insight. Any questions you guys want me to ask him? I try not to bombard him with questions about football but it's hard not to sometimes. We had a convo last summer that consisted of T.O and Ochocinco were actually very good teammates and locker-room guys but the media stirs the pot. He said the guys who you think are jerks are usually well-liked in the locker-room and the one's that you'd never guess are the a-holes. He was also telling me that Carson retiring rather than playing was a bluff and that he really wouldn't play for the bengals, but he was pushing for a trade and never really intended on retiring. Nothing earth-shattering, but just cool to hear some of the locker-room chatter that takes place.
So again, any questions that you guys have I will try to "casually bring up" this weekend.

You have no friends stop the lying. :(

Kind of ****ed up that everyone's ragging on him. Dude did us a favor.

Find out what magic he used to make Girbril Wilson and Chris Crooker into good D backs.That was a fricking miricle.

I don't know if what he says is legit or not, but if you're going to knock the guy and say there's no way he got his facts straight, get yours straight first:

http://www.nfl.com/player/danskuta/2507673/profile

If I'm not mistaken, he's a LB and he's played there for three years. He's a RFA but he'll still be with the Bengals, the devil is in the details, for those detail oriented people out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was dumb of you. Would've been a great opportunity to get some insight on that.

Yea I know but I figured that last thing he would want to talk about is anything Space related, I'm sure he is bored with it. He forgot that I live in Florida and he did mention that he wanted to work at Cape Canaveral. He did say that the Operations Manager there did a fine job.

You may be a detail freak, but your research skills suck.

No, more like it is hard to do accurate research when you don't give accurate details. You said he hopes to play in Miami when his deal is up.

Well as a RFA his deal is technically up right now, so then why isn't he trying to sign with Miami?

Per ESPN:
Dan SkutaLBRFA6-22483Bengals

He didn't explain why. I noticed he was restricted after I spoke with him. from what it sounded like, he already resigned with Cinci. I don't know if he put his feelers out to Miami and they weren't interested or what. I have no idea. All I said is that this will be his 4th year, he mentioned being interested in playing for Miami. Not sure where I steered you wrong. Either way, you said there was nobody besides rivers and Rey who had been there for more than 2 years. Skuta has been there for 3 (this will be his 4th). I even mentioned he was a 2nd string LB who played mostly special teams and finally got some good tick on defense this year and made a couple big plays for them.
I understand living in Iowa, it's hard to have any type of contact with professional athletes or entertainers since they don't have a pro team there, but give me a break. If you told me you spoke to Riley Reiff the other day and he told you Miami was looking hard at him to play RT, my first instinct wouldn't be to call you a liar or question you with the intent to prove you're lying. Some of you guys are ridiculous. I've been on this website for yrs and I've never come on here to make false claims or even been known to do so.

Why is everyone ragging on this guy? He hasn't claimed to have inside information. He hasn't made any predictions. He simply personally knows an NFL player, and it's relevant because his former coach is now our DC. He asked a few non-intrusive questions, and let us know what was said. It's an interesting

I can't believe this board has gotten so negative that we have to even bash something as harmless as this. Unbelievable. Don't let the vocal minority upset you DcRy, most of us appreciate the unique insight...

Back
Top Bottom