My Man Marino ....but can he be a jerk? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Man Marino ....but can he be a jerk?

I've met Marino on a few occassions. Two were sanctioned events and one where he was asking my advice (he came into a store I worked at). He was very pleasant to me at those times. However, when I used to work as an usher at Joe Robbie stadium it was well known that he could be an ***. He had a volatile temper and certainly was very prone to not treat people in a respectful manner. So I would guess that most if not all the negative ostries about him are true. This however does not effect my being a fan of his. My admiration of him is limited to his ability to throw a football. I do not assume that he is a great man in any other area.

marino killed my dog and then grilled it, as he watched johln holmes movies.

I've never met Dan, but I can understand how frustrating it must be for them to deal with the constant requests every single day...

The nicest athelete i've ever met is Stan Humphries, he sponsored our men's traveling softball team one year, and even played in several tournaments with us. He is a fantastic guy and really down to earth, (damn good softballer too!). Doug Peterson also has played with our team and is a really fantastic guy, although a lot of people did't even realize who he was when he played with us, (Favre's backup for several years). He can throw a ball flat footed from center field to home plate on a freakin rope, 300 feet!
Favre is also very well respected as being a guy who will go out of his way for fans, never met him but working on Peterson to get me hooked up!

Yeah my uncle used to be a bartender in south florida and Dan would go there everytime after he played golf. My uncle said he was a jerk too but he made he must just suck at golf

Food for thought. Highly talented people in specific areas such as athletics or entertainment are usually turn offs when they are out of their element. Case in point Marlin Brando, arguably the best actor to ever live. Brando was notorious for being a jerk off the set. This same principal can apply to others such as Marino.

Back
Top Bottom