My Mock Draft 4.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft 4.0

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Here we go again. My mock draft. And as usual, I'll keep it within our team.

Assumptions: We don't land LaVar Arrington. We

Round 1:

Manny Lawson, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, North Carolina State - This year's starting Outside Linebacker? Our future Defensive End? Both? Take your pick. Either way, we'll bring youth to an admittedly aging front seven as well as a force comparable to Jason Taylor/Julian Peterson. We'll have three 'tweeners on our D if this pick happens (Remember: Vonnie Holiday plays Defensive End and Defensive Tackle).

Round 2 (Trade):

Daunte Culpepper, Quarterback, University of Central Florida - :wink:

Round 3:

Chris Chester, Center (but can be moved to guard), Oklahoma - Just like everyone, I believe we should go Offensive line in the draft. But in my opinion, we should go center or guard. Drafting this guy would take us to either direction. He's every raw, and he is a project. But after with Hudson Houck did in San Diego with quite a few of the O-linemen being rookies, I believe this guy could excel. He's athletic, can work well in space, is a hard worker and is very smart. While he needs some work, he has a lot of the tools.

Round 4:

Marcus Hudson, Safety/Cornerback, North Caroline State - This pick, just like the aforementioned pick, can take us to either direction. But it depends on whether we need a safety more, or a cornerback. Either way, we get the needed defensive back. He is another 'tweener, just like the aforementioned picks. He'll also need some work, but he can turn into a productive defensive back.

Alternate direction:

Devin Hester, Cornerback? Wide Receiver?..., University of Miami - Uh.... I don't know what to say. He has great hands, he can turn on a dime. He has great speed. And he has actually recorded interceptions in the past. The problem is he has no position specified position. But he is versatile, and has tools to go wither direction. I also like this kid's character; he entered the draft to support his mother (Hurricane Wilma was a *****). He can also relieve Wes Welker on punt returns (but only punt returns. I like Wes on Kick Returns).

Round 5:

Manuel Wright, Defensive Tackle, University of South California - This guy is going to be a monster. While he won't contriubute in the beginning of the year, with the right coaching he can give O-linemen fits. I even expect him to notch a sack. :D

Round 7a:

Thomas Parker, Wide Receiver, Florida Atlantic University - If we're going to pikc through the bottom of the pile, then any college is in the light. And this player will definitely get some consideration. He has height, and he has speed. He's one been FAU's most productive wideouts and has been one of the only brigth spots on an owl team. Plus he has height (6-2).

Round 7b:

Domata Peko, Defensive Tackle, Michigan State - He has room to beef up. He can shed blockers or take on two of them. He can stuff the run. Yup, I smell a nose tackle.

Round 7c:

Eric Bassey, Safety, Oklahoma - This guy has blazing speed. But he only had three career interceptions. However, he does have a lot of upside, and the worst, he can be a special teams ace. Can he excel?

motioncityhifi said:
chris chester is a 2nd round pick....

He could slip into the third. It may not be TOO likely, but it is not too unlikely either. What do you think about my other picks though?

I would absolutely love Devin Hester in the 4th. Even if all he did was return kickoffs and punts for us, he's worth a 4th. He is such a game-changer.

And the funny thing is that Saban is one of the few coaches that could turn this guy into an all-pro at corner as well. He has the physical tools.

Silverphin said:
He could slip into the third. It may not be TOO likely, but it is not too unlikely either. What do you think about my other picks though?

so far everything i have read says no chance chester slips to the third but then again things happen. lawson would be a great pick at 16. third we could go alot of ways but ultimately i think its a lineman. i need to go and read about the rest but seem like solid picks. definitely dont want to see hester here. we dont need to spend a pick on a returner who has no other set position

Chester is a 2nd rounder. Slip the Oregon game into the VCR. That'll show you why.

I agree that Chester is most likely a 2nd rounder. And definitely no thanks on Hester.

Motion said:
I agree that Chester is most likely a 2nd rounder. And definitely no thanks on Hester.

as mentioned before. Chester's stock is rising and might even eek his way into the late first round, but he will most likely be a 2nd round pick.

But if he did slip to the third and we drafted him I would be happy!

kpcane said:
I would absolutely love Devin Hester in the 4th. Even if all he did was return kickoffs and punts for us, he's worth a 4th. He is such a game-changer.

And the funny thing is that Saban is one of the few coaches that could turn this guy into an all-pro at corner as well. He has the physical tools.
we have enough returnmen, we don't need to waste a 4th on one considering we have a limited amount of picks.

Hester was given all the opportunity in world to succeed as a DB and just couldn't. And this is from a program that puts out 1st round DB's all the time, so it's not like he wasn't getting coached up.

He is an electric returner.......but if that's all he's gonna be able to do, I'd pass.

burger13 said:
Hester was given all the opportunity in world to succeed as a DB and just couldn't. And this is from a program that puts out 1st round DB's all the time, so it's not like he wasn't getting coached up.

He is an electric returner.......but if that's all he's gonna be able to do, I'd pass.

I agree

Motion said:
And definitely no thanks on Hester.

I was at the last UM-UF game in Miami...I think it was my sophomore year...yeah it was...Brock's first year, and we were down by a boatload to the Gators. If we didn't have Devin Hester we would have lost that game. If a UF fan can't see how valuable Hester is, you're either in denial, or you're dumb.

And for those saying he "couldn't make it" in his first year as a DB, he was going up against experienced seniors for the starting jobs and lost to Maxey and Jennings, who are both likely to be 2nd rounders or better. To say that he was "given all the opportunity in the world" is just ignorant. Watch some football, then if you're willing to make a ridiculous statement like that, we'll agree on how little you know about college football.

UF Fin Kat said:
we have enough returnmen, we don't need to waste a 4th on one considering we have a limited amount of picks.

yeah we also have enough safeties and DB's and linebackers so why take any of those?

You'd be hard-pressed to find a game-changer in the first round. It's not a wasted pick, it's a value pick...a pick that improves the team. Hester is way better than Welker, and it looks like he'd be the return guy. Hester could be a starting CB after one year of coaching by Saban. But this is all pointless, because he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 4th.

Fact is Devin Hester couldn't cut it as a cornerback at Miami. He then switched positions and couldn't cut it as a wide receiver. Even with Jennings and Maxey departing, he was told that he probably wouldn't start. So he jumped ship to the draft.

Great return man, hugely overrated player.

Boomer said:
Fact is Devin Hester couldn't cut it as a cornerback at Miami. He then switched positions and couldn't cut it as a wide receiver. Even with Jennings and Maxey departing, he was told that he probably wouldn't start. So he jumped ship to the draft.

Great return man, hugely overrated player.

so what round do you project Hester going in?

Back
Top Bottom