My Mock Draft 4.0 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft 4.0

kpcane said:
Not once did I say Hester is the best corner out there, and I've said time and again that he wouldn't start his first year, and probably not his second either. But with Saban's help, he could be something. There's no bias, it's just rational thought. He's fast, he's agile, and he's a playmaker. I know he's raw, and I wouldn't be saying we should draft him if Wannstedt was our coach, but with Saban, I think it's a good move for the 4th round...so crucify me.

That was the point of my argument against him. Our 4th rounder last year ended up starting at CB most the year. If Hester couldn't even crack the starting line-up til his 3rd year where's the value?

kpcane said:
Hey, I thought comparing Hester to Chris Leak was ridiculous, but I gave you the time of day you didn't deserve.

I didn't want to talk recruiting because it wasn't the point of my argument, which you missed twice. You said that he can't play corner, and I'm saying he can, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

It's so funny to listen to people here. They care more about making jabs at people than making sense. Not once did I say Hester is the best corner out there, and I've said time and again that he wouldn't start his first year, and probably not his second either. But with Saban's help, he could be something. There's no bias, it's just rational thought. He's fast, he's agile, and he's a playmaker. I know he's raw, and I wouldn't be saying we should draft him if Wannstedt was our coach, but with Saban, I think it's a good move for the 4th round...so crucify me.

You're the one that started analogising, bringing up the fact that Hester was the #1 rated corner. The fact that your '#1 rated high school corner' thing doesn't stand up, you're now trying to change the emphasis. You said recruiting wasn't the point of your argument, but you bring it up as the lead point in your post.

He can play corner. Just not very well. And there are other people who think he can play corner apart from you...........his mum, his dad and his girlfriend. The people that count - Randy Shannon, Larry Coker - didn't.

The thing is, he won't be there in the 4th round.

Motion said:
That was the point of my argument against him. Our 4th rounder last year ended up starting at CB most the year. If Hester couldn't even crack the starting line-up til his 3rd year where's the value?

You're spoiled man. Just because Daniels turned out to be a starter and a great value pick in the 4th, doesn't mean that every 4th rounder we get from now on is going to be able to start right away. Besides, if we get an OLB in the first, we won't have that many other needs to fill...although our o-line could always use some improvement.
There would be no immediate value with Hester, except for kick and punt returns. But if he's a starting CB for us in 3 years, that's great value for the 4th. Don't judge every 4th round pick off the Travis Daniels pick. Who knows if he's even going to start this year, now that Will Poole is back and we signed Will Allen?

Boomer said:
You're the one that started analogising, bringing up the fact that Hester was the #1 rated corner. The fact that your '#1 rated high school corner' thing doesn't stand up, you're now trying to change the emphasis. You said recruiting wasn't the point of your argument, but you bring it up as the lead point in your post.

He can play corner. Just not very well. And there are other people who think he can play corner apart from you...........his mum, his dad and his girlfriend. The people that count - Randy Shannon, Larry Coker - didn't.

The thing is, he won't be there in the 4th round.

We're just arguing about nonsense right now, and we're not going to change each other's mind.

But know that I know how you feel about Hester would you take him in the 4th round if he was there? Or what about the 3rd? As I just said in my previous post, I don't think we have too many holes to fill, but we also don't have too many draft picks. I would definitely spend a 4th on him, and I'd think long and hard about taking him in the 3rd. Wes isn't half the return man Hester is.

No I wouldn't. He's a stunning return man, but when it comes to talent in the secondary we need to be looking at a number 1 corner and a #1 safety, a Polamalu, a Taylor, a Minter, etc.

Boomer said:
No I wouldn't. He's a stunning return man, but when it comes to talent in the secondary we need to be looking at a number 1 corner and a #1 safety, a Polamalu, a Taylor, a Minter, etc.

And that type of talent is available in the 4th?

kpcane said:
And that type of talent is available in the 4th?

As I keep saying, he won't make the 4th. And to my mind, he simply doesn't have the ability to be a #1 CB in the NFL. There are TOO many questions.

Boomer said:
As I keep saying, he won't make the 4th. And to my mind, he simply doesn't have the ability to be a #1 CB in the NFL. There are TOO many questions.

Take a look through this thread and see who first said, and has continued to say he won't make it to the 4th. That's not the question. I asked if you would take him in the 4th, and you responded by saying we need a Sean Taylor or a Troy Polamalu. I asked you if you think that type of talent (Taylor, Polamalu) is available in the 4th round, and you respond by regurgitating what I've already said about Hester not making it to the 4th.
I've said time and again that I'd draft him for his return skills alone, but the fact that Saban is our coach, he could actually become a solid corner too. I don't know how you achieved "draft guru" status at finheaven. Your posts to me are all over the place and don't even make sense.

kpcane said:
Take a look through this thread and see who first said, and has continued to say he won't make it to the 4th. That's not the question. I asked if you would take him in the 4th, and you responded by saying we need a Sean Taylor or a Troy Polamalu. I asked you if you think that type of talent (Taylor, Polamalu) is available in the 4th round, and you respond by regurgitating what I've already said about Hester not making it to the 4th.
I've said time and again that I'd draft him for his return skills alone, but the fact that Saban is our coach, he could actually become a solid corner too. I don't know how you achieved "draft guru" status at finheaven. Your posts to me are all over the place and don't even make sense.

You're like the wind.....change in a moments notice. You asked me whether I'd take him in the 4th round. It's a totally redundant question as he won't be there in the 4th round.

If he was there, I might take him. AS A RETURNER. If I'm Nick Saban, I have two young number 2/3 types, one who could become a number one. I don't need another corner with so-so ability who might or night not develop.

As for the draft thing, you should ask around. Just because I don't like your Cane player, you change the emphasis of your story this way and that. It's really rather irritatating after a while.

Boomer said:
You're like the wind.....change in a moments notice. You asked me whether I'd take him in the 4th round. It's a totally redundant question as he won't be there in the 4th round.

If he was there, I might take him. AS A RETURNER. If I'm Nick Saban, I have two young number 2/3 types, one who could become a number one. I don't need another corner with so-so ability who might or night not develop.

As for the draft thing, you should ask around. Just because I don't like your Cane player, you change the emphasis of your story this way and that. It's really rather irritatating after a while.

Dude I haven't changed a bit. It's not my fault you can't piece my argument together. Look through the thread, and you'll see the only reason I appear to change is because people make ridiculous assumptions off what I say, so I have to pat them on the head and tell them what I really said.

You might want to look up redundant too, before you're ready to use it in a sentence.

kpcane said:
You might want to look up redundant too, before you're ready to use it in a sentence.

Redundant: "Not needed or wanted". Seeing as though we gave you the English language, I'd try checking a dictionary before calling people out.

Boomer said:
Redundant: "Not needed or wanted". Seeing as though we gave you the English language, I'd try checking a dictionary before calling people out.

Haha!! I'm glad you looked it up and you actually made me look it up and I found this: d chiefly British : no longer needed for a job and hence laid off
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/redundant

There's the website for you, so you don't have to do too much work...don't want you to hurt yourself over it. So even in the British sense that you used it in, is still incorrect. Nobody over here uses redundant for that meaning anyway, so save your Tony Blair lovin' words for the queen.

kpcane said:
You're spoiled man. Just because Daniels turned out to be a starter and a great value pick in the 4th, doesn't mean that every 4th rounder we get from now on is going to be able to start right away. Besides, if we get an OLB in the first, we won't have that many other needs to fill...although our o-line could always use some improvement.
There would be no immediate value with Hester, except for kick and punt returns. But if he's a starting CB for us in 3 years, that's great value for the 4th. Don't judge every 4th round pick off the Travis Daniels pick. Who knows if he's even going to start this year, now that Will Poole is back and we signed Will Allen?

I never said every 4th rounder is gonna be an instant starter. Thats just plain ridiculous. I just gave that as an example of the value. Daniels had an advantage because he knew the system. He also didn't have the questions that Hester has, as in undefined postion. Regardless, I'm down with whatever Saban decides to do. The kid is an amazing athlete no doubt.

No thanks on Hester. He has no position. Although I like Lawson he may be a tweener and he may need some time. I think we draft a player who can immediately have an impact on our team. I am not saying Lawson wouldnt but if we take a db h may have a better opportunity to play more and sooner than a lb, unless he is well seasoned or a freak. I have heard people call Lawson a freak

Back
Top Bottom