My New 53 After The 3rd Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My New 53 After The 3rd Game

Yea I think Walton is firmly on the roster. I get both Laird and Gaskin looked better running the football last night.

Walton was up against the first defense of Jacksonville and even though he has to be more decisive, there was very little opportunity, Jville first team D dominated our guys in the run game.

He was on returns

He was on special teams coverage

He was used heavily in the passing game, as both a receiver and as pass protector. Showed really good hands.

He has been the clear #3 all training camp

With Drake hurt, he seems like a proper option to have but yea for sure he can’t be indecisive with this geoup in front if him. Pick a spot and hit it hard. You aren’t beating teams east and west either like you could in HS and college.
If Flores takes Walton of laird that would be his biggest mistake. We will not be able to hide laird on the PS.

I’d park Allen next to Davis and leave him there. The line issues last night looked a lot like Jesse Davis issues to me.
I disagree. It's pretty much Calhoun who is the issue on the right. He cannot handle the switch.
The only place I'd park Allen is outside the stadium.
I cannot be the only one that know Davis at RG and Prince at RT is our best option for the right side.

Is possible but who do you take out of the 53?
to be honest you cut or trade Parker. It's been time for a while and it's just a waste for guys that should be given the opprotunity. It's a waste but when you're wrong, you're wrong

If Flores takes Walton of laird that would be his biggest mistake. We will not be able to hide laird on the PS.

I think they roster both Walton and Laird, with Gaskin as the PS. And if they lose Gaskin, they lose him. You can find these type of guys every year.

I think they roster both Walton and Laird, with Gaskin as the PS. And if they lose Gaskin, they lose him. You can find these type of guys every year.
I'm fine with that. I know Walton has been incorporated more but I really think gaskin is better. Isn't Walton still facing discipline?

I'm fine with that. I know Walton has been incorporated more but I really think gaskin is better. Isn't Walton still facing discipline?

Potentially. Which could play a factor early on. We just haven't seen enough of Gaskin against guys who will be playing on Sundays. Think they could still PS him and go another route if Drake misses time and Walton goes on suspension

Want Taylor on the roster, but Ford isn’t the one Im cutting for it...

No one os trading for Allen, if anyone wants him- they can sign him after game 1.
Is not that I don't want Taylor but he's been playing with the 3rd team and he's been hurt. We won't be playing a 4 man front often so I think keeping 7 is the right number at this point so maybe he can go on IR for the first 6 games till he's 100% healthy but like I said, I'm sure there's no way I get all 53 right but I think at least 48 of them are in and we're just looking for the last 4 or 5 spots.

Is not that I don't want Taylor but he's been playing with the 3rd team and he's been hurt. We won't be playing a 4 man front often so I think keeping 7 is the right number at this point so maybe he can go on IR for the first 6 games till he's 100% healthy but like I said, I'm sure there's no way I get all 53 right but I think at least 48 of them are in and we're just looking for the last 4 or 5 spots.

I understand, like Hoops pointed out, something is up with him.

I actually am more interested in keeping Ford on the 53.. he should absolutely be on it.

Butler has become an afterthought- so has Hurns, and with the health of others- we need him.

It sure seems like Taylor is injured. Hasn't looked the same since early camp reports said he looked like he picked up where he left off last year. Hasn't played much since 1st preseason game. Something is not right. Alonso and McMillan have missed all of training camp. Will they actually be healthy when the season starts? If they're healthy they haven't shown anything to warrant a spot on the 53.

I understand, like Hoops pointed out, something is up with him.

I actually am more interested in keeping Ford on the 53.. he should absolutely be on it.

Butler has become an afterthought- so has Hurns, and with the health of others- we need him.
Totally agree on Ford. He should make the team.

Back
Top Bottom