My New 53 After The 3rd Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My New 53 After The 3rd Game

Ford has developed quite aways since first drafted I think. Looks like an actual nfl receiver out there

Always liked him coming out. Dude has had an uphill battle being a PRO.

Seems like a class kid. Hope the best for him. We need it.

Good size. Good route runner. Nothing fancy. But a player.

I would prefer to go with 3 RB + 1 FB and kick that extra roster spot to OL/WR/TE because those guys will see more use. Not saying we'll do that, but we're not really going to use 4 RB's, and none of the guys we PS/Cut is likely to be picked up anywhere else. As fans we tend to over-rate our own players, and RB's are easy to find. If they can pass protect, they're never available, so finding a RB who just wants to run is easy peasy.

Personally, I think we'll go with 4 TE's, because we'll use 2 TE offenses a lot, and we need 2 inline TE's, which means Smythe + ??? so that's where I saw Dwayne Allen fitting. Walford has shown well, but I think he'll be the odd man out.

I would prefer to go with 3 RB + 1 FB and kick that extra roster spot to OL/WR/TE because those guys will see more use. Not saying we'll do that, but we're not really going to use 4 RB's, and none of the guys we PS/Cut is likely to be picked up anywhere else. As fans we tend to over-rate our own players, and RB's are easy to find. If they can pass protect, they're never available, so finding a RB who just wants to run is easy peasy.

Personally, I think we'll go with 4 TE's, because we'll use 2 TE offenses a lot, and we need 2 inline TE's, which means Smythe + ??? so that's where I saw Dwayne Allen fitting. Walford has shown well, but I think he'll be the odd man out.
It could be that we only keep 3 RB's but I was thinking Drake is hurt and has always gotten hurt since college but I could see 4 TE's kept instead.

Do they use Cox in a dual role as FB/TE?

It could be that we only keep 3 RB's but I was thinking Drake is hurt and has always gotten hurt since college but I could see 4 TE's kept instead.
TE's are harder position to fill. That's my rationale for wanting 4 on the roster. Like LB, the TE is a position that is almost impossible to find someone who has all of the necessary skills, so pickins are slim.

Do they use Cox in a dual role as FB/TE?
Great question. I'm sure he'll be used in a hybrid role of 1) FB, 2) part-time blocking TE, and 3) occasional RB. How they list him on the roster is anybody's guess. But having a FB makes me think we'll go light on either RB or TE depending upon how they view Cox's skillset.

3 RBs is really slim when you're counting on Drake. But I guess it could happen.

For me, I'd keep Laird and reasonably confident we can stash Gaskin and/or Walton on PS.

In my eyes -- Laird offers more "dynamic" possibilities and can be used in multi.

Only hedge on OL is ... We have a number of "street level" talents and there's really not much to protect.

We can shop at Wal-Mart if necessary and not have to pay storage...

I only see 3 viable TEs in the mix for now because -- again we ain't got nothing to protect beyond that.

Bottom line, IMO, in this developmental year we have the "luxury" to just keep the best talent and not

be too concerned relative to positional mix... When and if we have needs we look on the street.

3 RBs is really slim when you're counting on Drake. But I guess it could happen.

For me, I'd keep Laird and reasonably confident we can stash Gaskin and/or Walton on PS.

In my eyes -- Laird offers more "dynamic" possibilities and can be used in multi.

Only hedge on OL is ... We have a number of "street level" talents and there's really not much to protect.

We can shop at Wal-Mart if necessary and not have to pay storage...

I only see 3 viable TEs in the mix for now because -- again we ain't got nothing to protect beyond that.

Bottom line, IMO, in this developmental year we have the "luxury" to just keep the best talent and not

be too concerned relative to positional mix... When and if we have needs we look on the street.
Well, since we're reasonably confident that we can stash Gaskin/Walton on the PS, then we're essentially covered if Drake gets injured, as we can call them up from the PS. Just don't see the 4th RB getting any playing time aside from an injury, and with 3 RB's, we're covered in any game where 2 RB's get injured.

Your point about this being a developmental year is the most important thing. As you say, we have the luxury to just keep the best talent, regardless of production this year. Ultimately, that may determine how our roster makeup looks.

Back
Top Bottom