My only problem with the Dolphins drafting Jay Cutler... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My only problem with the Dolphins drafting Jay Cutler...

CashInFist said:
Dude...it was a joke. LOL! :lol:

:whew:
Thank God! :lol:

I had to ask because you never know on this board!

I've come across some posters that REALLY DO take the ratings of players on Madden as gospel as to their talent!
Kills me!

But Tecmo Bowl.... that would have been the best ever! :lol:
Good spoof, you had me going!

Trekbiz said:
:whew:
Thank God! :lol:

I had to ask because you never know on this board!

I've come across some posters that REALLY DO take the ratings of players on Madden as gospel as to their talent!
Kills me!

But Tecmo Bowl.... that would have been the best ever! :lol:

LOL...I remember Billy Joe Tolliver had the same passing speed as Marino but Marino was 75 accuracy in average condition and BJT was like under 50. :sidelol: I only said that in jest though. :D

But seriously, The losing is what really scares me about Cutler. That's the only thing too.

djfresh47 said:
I'm not buying into all the hype either. He's a good player, but I think some people are overrating him because he has the potential to be taken by the Phins.

That might make sense if it weren't for tall the mocks that have him going before Miami's pick. I don't think those people are overrating him b/c he has the potential to be taken by the Phins. It seems more likely that the people who rate him a second rounder are underrating him.

CashInFist said:
The only thing that scares me is that he played for a LOSING team. I can't remember any great QB in NFL history that played for a losing team in college. I am pretty sure a few good ones may have slipped my mind but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Why would we want to invest our future on someone that isn't a proven winner? He really does have a strong arm but so did Billy Joe Tolliver (I remember the velocity on his passes in the OLD Tecmo Super Bowl for the original Nintendo Entertainment System). Cutler may end up in the hall of fame and I will be totally onboard if we draft him, but I wanted to share my concern. Am I being to critical? Or is my logic justified?
That concept didn't really hold true with guys like Gino Toretta, Josh Huepel, etc. Some of these guys came out of college with more wins than chest hairs, but it didn't amount to jack in the NFL, and there are two sides of each coin.

CashInFist said:
LOL...I remember Billy Joe Tolliver had the same passing speed as Marino but Marino was 75 accuracy in average condition and BJT was like under 50. :sidelol: I only said that in jest though. :D

But seriously, The losing is what really scares me about Cutler. That's the only thing too.
I'd say he did pretty darn well given the talent surrounding him, and considering the conference he played in is widely considered one of the most elite in terms of player quality. The fact that he's been noticed at all says something about him as a player. If we were talking about drafting a pitcher in baseball, go ahead and scrutinize the stats. But football is the ultimate team sport, where any one of your 21 other starters could be the lone reason you lost a game.

How many games Cutler won doesn't matter to me at all.....Leinart won a lot of games at USC but lets just say that he goes to the saints....how many games will he win there?

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
How many games Cutler won doesn't matter to me at all.....Leinart won a lot of games at USC but lets just say that he goes to the saints....how many games will he win there?

Ozzy rules!!

Exactly, you could have the same agrument for Leinart and Young. How would they handle losing?

if the problem is if he will drop or not or stay as high as he is "supposed" to go...the fact is he will drop...regardless of if he has the best combine in his life...he isnt worth a top 10 pick and no one will think so other than millen lol, and i have said before if we want him at 16 we will get him

ChambersMIA84 said:
He played for Vanderbilt is the reason, switch him with Leinart or Young and he's a National Champion. If Young or Leinart played at Vandy, they may have won maybe one more game tops.

http://vucommodores.com/sports/football/schedules/

:dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

I can't say what Leinart would or wouldn't have done...but Young maybe winning only one more game, than Cutler is extremely funny.

fishypete said:
Actually...I've always said that Cutler would be good value in the second round...it's not that I don't like Cutler...I'm just not accepting the hype about him.

You're right. Realistically he's a second round talent. Unfortunately, the QB position is almost never valued fairly and therefore to get him a team needs to pay up one round

I think Cutler has all the tools physically. I just worry about the mental part that no one has a clue about. I dont like that scouts are into his head. Its starting to swell. I dont likey that. I hope Vince Young Drops now. He would absolutely blow people away.

if cutler was a completely polished QB and he never had a winning record, you MIGHT have a point. but the fact is that he's still pretty raw, so he's not going to be perfect in college (as no QB is; it's a developmental stage. mistakes are expected). elway never played in a bowl game as stated before, and stanford was actually a DECENT team in his time (nothing compared to vanderbilt). that article said 4-7 was stanford's worst record in a long time. 4-7 is almost a reason to celebrate at vandy. cutler has shown his want for winning, but one player can't do it all.

finfan54 said:
I think Cutler has all the tools physically. I just worry about the mental part that no one has a clue about. I dont like that scouts are into his head. Its starting to swell. I dont likey that. I hope Vince Young Drops now. He would absolutely blow people away.
you don't know vince young's head has started to swell just a TAD? you're reaching here.

Back
Top Bottom