My only problem with the Dolphins drafting Jay Cutler... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My only problem with the Dolphins drafting Jay Cutler...

Juan Cribbs said:
if cutler was a completely polished QB and he never had a winning record, you MIGHT have a point. but the fact is that he's still pretty raw, so he's not going to be perfect in college (as no QB is; it's a developmental stage. mistakes are expected). elway never played in a bowl game as stated before, and stanford was actually a DECENT team in his time (nothing compared to vanderbilt). that article said 4-7 was stanford's worst record in a long time. 4-7 is almost a reason to celebrate at vandy. cutler has shown his want for winning, but one player can't do it all.

Big difference....Elway and Stanford beat the number 1 team in the nation at the time...Cutler didn't beat a team in the top 25.

In 1982, Elway led Stanford to a 43-41 win over No. 1-ranked Washington and finished second to Herschel Walker in Heisman Trophy voting. His 24 touchdowns were the most by any quarterback in the country. His 3,242 passing yards earned him unanimous All-America honors.

Juan Cribbs said:
you don't know vince young's head has started to swell just a TAD? you're reaching here.

Agreed, theres no way of knowing that he'd "blow people away".

Juan Cribbs said:
you don't know vince young's head has started to swell just a TAD? you're reaching here.

I would think he has a right to have a swollen head...after winning all the regular season games and the National Championship...if he didn't have some kind of an ego....after all that...I wouldn't want him.

fishypete said:
I would think he has a right to have a swollen head...after winning all the regular season games and the National Championship...if he didn't have some kind of an ego....after all that...I wouldn't want him.
yup.

I would rather have a good QB from a losing school, than a winning QB whose teamates made him better. Example: I would rather have Cutler than Dorsey.

I think you want a Qb with an ego. Dan Marino had a big ego and all the good ones do. If you think Tom Brady or Big Ben don't have "big heads" then you're crazy. The Qb position calls for someone to have an ego because they are the crowned leader on the offensive side of the ball. If Croyle, Cutler, or anybody else coming out this year doesn't have an ego, then please keep them away from Davie, FL.

Back
Top Bottom