My Proposed Rule Change | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Proposed Rule Change

I sent a letter through registered mail to NFL executives in New York City, New York. I am seeking changes to the timeout rule. I want to do away with the 3 tine outside per half. My proposal is this:

Teams are given a total of 102 time outs for the 17 game season. They can use as many time outs per game as they want, but once they use all 102, they are done having time outs for the rest of their games. This will force teams to strategize how they use their time outs. You want to use 15 TOs in one game? Fine. But you may not have any left in crunch time. A common sense rule change, and NFL executives are discussing my proposal as we type.

I can't believe the levels of disrespect shown toward FootballGuru on this thread.

Here we have a guy, gracing us with his presence, that has sent a letter through registered mail to NFL Executives - In New York City, New York (Incase you weren't sure which state NYC is in). Not only has he sent this letter... but his buddy has confirmed the aforementioned NFL Executives are discussing his proposals as we type and that it's created all sorts of great discussions.

I for one am mesmerised by FootballGuru's presence and find it an honour to share a forum with him. I didn't think my respect for him could have grown after he told that story about chasing Steven A Smith with a pitchfork into Mount Doom (or something like that) but here I sit... even more enamoured than I was last week.

Hasn't it recently been announced that Goddell has been paid $130m over the last two years? And now we're learning he largely sits around in his office (in New York City, New York) waiting for letters to be sent by common folk (via registered mail of course) before assembling the NFL execs like Ron Burgendy with a viking horn to kick off all sorts of great discussions. He sure earned every cent.

If you guys have felt so utterly privileged as I have reading this thread - full of football insight I could only dream of being able to muster - I implore you to check out his prequels in BigBry's Locker... In there RIGHT NOW are several threads clearly laying out options for the next Dolphins head coach search where he explores all the foolproof candidates. Give them a read if you want to be enlightened - Spoiler alert - Don't bother reading unless you have some sort of fetish for Steve Belichick.

Thank you FootballGuru for the continued gift of supreme football insight. So many here are not worthy, nor capable of understanding the game at your level. Thank you for gracing us all with your presence.

Dear Mr. Gru,

Thank you for your registered letter.

We are giving the contents the special consideration all such submissions deserve.

Sincerely,

The Office of the NFL Commissioner
Roger Stokoe Goodell

Last edited:
Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

I can't believe the levels of disrespect shown toward FootballGuru on this thread.

Here we have a guy, gracing us with his presence, that has sent a letter through registered mail to NFL Executives - In New York City, New York (Incase you weren't sure which state NYC is in). Not only has he sent this letter... but his buddy has confirmed the aforementioned NFL Executives are discussing his proposals as we type and that it's created all sorts of great discussions.

I for one am mesmerised by FootballGuru's presence and find it an honour to share a forum with him. I didn't think my respect for him could have grown after he told that story about chasing Steven A Smith with a pitchfork into Mount Doom (or something like that) but here I sit... even more enamoured than I was last week.

Hasn't it recently been announced that Goddell has been paid $130m over the last two years? And now we're learning he largely sits around in his office (in New York City, New York) waiting for letters to be sent by common folk (via registered mail of course) before assembling the NFL execs like Ron Burgendy with a viking horn to kick off all sorts of great discussions. He sure earned every cent.

If you guys have felt so utterly privileged as I have reading this thread - full of football insight I could only dream of being able to muster - I implore you to check out his prequels in BigBry's Locker... In there RIGHT NOW are several threads clearly laying out options for the next Dolphins head coach search where he explores all the foolproof candidates. Give them a read if you want to be enlightened - Spoiler alert - Don't bother reading unless you have some sort of fetish for Steve Belichick.

Thank you FootballGuru for the continued gift of supreme football insight. So many here are not worthy, nor capable of understanding the game at your level. Thank you for gracing us all with your presence.
Well said. You understand. Thumbs up.

Some of you are so clueless. First of all, TOs are NOT unlimited. Each team has 102 TOs for the entire season. Use them up too quickly, and no more TOs for you. That would speed games up, smarties. And yes, I have contacts inside the NFL head office. Your jealousy because you are nothing more than a 7-11 style pro ball fan is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom