My Source Tells Me--Quinn not an Option Anymore?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Source Tells Me--Quinn not an Option Anymore??

Given the relative fragility of running backs I wouldn't mind getting Peterson with the 9 pick. Mueller drafted McAllister high with Ricky on the team didn't he? RB like QB has become at least a two man position with a 16 game schedule. You run a guy 25 carries a game, which isn't hard, that would add up to 400 for a season and that's a killer load.

Now I would rather keep Ricky and draft Olinemen but I would not hate getting Peterson.

Again, don't think for a minute that Randy Mueller drafted Deuce only because he was the best player on the board and they didn't expect him to be there. Randy had spent a year with the Saints when that pick was made. He knew that Ricky Williams was the biggest flake in the NFL, and he knew that in the long run Ricky couldn't be counted upon. Don't think for a minute that Ricky's flakiness didn't have an effect on that pick.

Ronnie Brown is not a flake. He's an ascending running back in this league that has absolutely no off the field problems or any reliability problems. The situations are clearly not similar in any way.

Again, don't think for a minute that Randy Mueller drafted Deuce only because he was the best player on the board and they didn't expect him to be there. Randy had spent a year with the Saints when that pick was made. He knew that Ricky Williams was the biggest flake in the NFL, and he knew that in the long run Ricky couldn't be counted upon. Don't think for a minute that Ricky's flakiness didn't have an effect on that pick.

Ronnie Brown is not a flake. He's an ascending running back in this league that has absolutely no off the field problems or any reliability problems. The situations are clearly not similar in any way.

There is no question that the intangibles surrounding Ronnie Brown are light years ahead of Ricky Williams. I never said they similar. My point was that RB has become a two man job given a 16 game schedule and we only have Ronnie and the "flake" as you put it. Ronnie has been knicked both years and has yet to play a full schedule. Why think he will? I define that as a reliablity issue.

Do I want Peterson ?, no! but will I hate it, also no.

I don't see us taking Peterson, I really don't.

I'm in agreement here. I'd be shocked if we drafted a runningback in the 1st rd.

Here's the latest (GRT8) might like the sound of this:

Fins still VERY interested in Quinn. they are targeting him at #6 if he is still there. They doubt he will be there, but don't be surprised that if he is there at #6 that the Fins don't push the 'Skins hard for that pick. That news to me is like: "Duh!"

Ricky looks like a keeper---not looking to trade him...that could change, although they doubt it. Should be reinstated as early as tomorrow.

They are confident about Green coming over.

As always, keep it in this forum, please. :wink:

Satisfied, Simon? :err:

:)

Thanks Raul!
The Ricky news brings a sigh of relief to me. We are SO thing at RB, that the idea of trading Ricky sat poorly with me. It felt like a cut off your nose to spite your face type of thing. Made zero sense, especially since it's a given that Ricky's worth to us far exceeds his worth to every other team in the NFL regarding a trade.

Two pieces of reassuring news:

1. We are willing to be aggressive in getting the QB we want
2. We are willing to be sensible and not give Ricky away for peanuts. He is worth more to us as a RB than anyone would pay for him.

Two pieces of reassuring news:

1. We are willing to be aggressive in getting the QB we want
2. We are willing to be sensible and not give Ricky away for peanuts. He is worth more to us as a RB than anyone would pay for him.

:yes:

The competent Personel Management is a breath of fresh air!

Back
Top Bottom