My Source Tells Me--Quinn not an Option Anymore?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Source Tells Me--Quinn not an Option Anymore??

I just don't understand how some of you think the daily headache that Ricky Williams brings to this organization is worth keeping around.

Coaching in the NFL is hard enough. It's bound to be even harder when you are worrying about a player failing a drug test or deciding that he doesn't want to play anymore on a daily basis.

I just don't understand how some of you think the daily headache that Ricky Williams brings to this organization is worth keeping around.

Coaching in the NFL is hard enough. It's bound to be even harder when you are worrying about a player failing a drug test or deciding that he doesn't want to play anymore on a daily basis.

Top tier RB @ $25.00 a day...it's a no-brainer to me...

I think Ricky has talent left in him, however I think it's time for him to play some where else. How do Randy and Cam have any discipline with other team members if they always give Ricky another chance?:wink:

Perhaps I am naive, but I am not holding the 1-year suspension against him, per se ... I think that was the NFL overzealously upholding the letter of an overreaching law. Insiders were a little socked the suspension appeal was not honored, as I recall. The burnt-out question mark of two years ago is not the man today.

I don't think he's a negative to the team at all. I think they feel he's a positive.

Top tier RB @ $25.00 a day...it's a no-brainer to me...
That, and I think the daily head ache belongs to the fans and fans alone. I believe the coaching staff thinks of Ricky as a terribly cheap and effective back-up that they're not relying on. IF you've got someone with that much talent, and you don't have to rely on him, then I just don't see where the every day worry is.

My two cents... Ricky in a Dolphin uniform makes more sense to us. Where else can you get a back of his talent for this type of price.

That, and I think the daily head ache belongs to the fans and fans alone. I believe the coaching staff thinks of Ricky as a terribly cheap and effective back-up that they're not relying on. IF you've got someone with that much talent, and you don't have to rely on him, then I just don't see where the every day worry is.

I think this is EXACTLY right. Heck, I bet the coaches dont care that much how long he will or wont be here, as long as he helps win a couple of games while he is here..

Does that make sense?:confused:

Perhaps I am naive, but I am not holding the 1-year suspension against him, per se ... I think that was the NFL overzealously upholding the letter of an overreaching law. Insiders were a little socked the suspension appeal was not honored, as I recall. The burnt-out question mark of two years ago is not the man today.
Word.

Good stuff, thank you.

Hey, does your source have anything on the Booker situation different than what the papers are saying?

Alright, just talked to my source a little while ago. here's the latest:

They do NOT expect to have Quinn. In fact, they believe it will be a miracle if he slides past 3 but then again, anything can happen tomorrow.

They have their eyes now set on a receiver for their pick--Ted Ginn anyone?
Robert Meachem looks to be too high at this point.

They are trying hard to trade Booker for a pick.

They might be waiting for Green to be released if they cannot pull the deal off this weekend. This would make things difficult because other teams might be getting involved a that point and they do not want to overspend. The same could be said about the not mortgaging the team to try to get Quinn.

If some of these moves pan out the way my source says they are...then I might need a new badge! :lol:

As always, keep it in this forum. :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom