My uneducated take on the pass offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My uneducated take on the pass offense

Tua doesn't really face any pressure. The offense is based on just getting the ball out quickly to spots. Tua rarely took deep drops because the offense isn't about long running plays and reading the field. I don't think it's a line problem, just play design.
No it is a line problem. They have tried multiple times under center with play action (and other longer developing plays), the QB gets killed 75% of the time when he doesn't it very effective. When your OL ranks 31st in the NFL in pass block win rate, guess what you have a line problem. You just have a problem with always wanting it to be Tua's fault. Tua does have things he must work on but nothing close to what you come up with in your head. Let's blame the QB who was 5th in passer rating and 1st in yards, not the 2nd to dead last OL.

Nice info.

After looking at charts for several QBs, it looks like, as I said, those throws are not a big part of anyone's scheme.

What is your ultimate point?
It is sticky and he wants to bash on Tua by saying he has a weak arm.

The fact is modern NFL offenses don't throw a lot of deep outs anymore. It is a high risk low reward throw. Look at KC, Mahomes doesn't throw much either. Rieds O is all about creating time and space that allow players to make playes.

What this O needs is more short underneath type plays. But not the quick type passes. The ones that take longer. Hill and Waddle will clear this area out, but it takes more then 2 seconds to due this. The OL can’t hold their blocks long enough to let those 2/3 option short routes to develop.

No it is a line problem. They have tried multiple times under center with play action (and other longer developing plays), the QB gets killed 75% of the time when he doesn't it very effective. When your OL ranks 31st in the NFL in pass block win rate, guess what you have a line problem. You just have a problem with always wanting it to be Tua's fault. Tua does have things he must work on but nothing close to what you come up with in your head. Let's blame the QB who was 5th in passer rating and 1st in yards, not the 2nd to dead last OL.
I know your kind likes to post pass block win rate 31st and think it's actual reflection of the line, but it really doesn't make sense as it goes by 2.5 seconds, and the line is built on RPO/quick throws, so it makes no sense as passes are off before then. PFF had them ranked 20th. That seems much more reasonable.

Let's not forget Burrow went to the Super Bowl with an offensive line with a worse % of pass block win rate.

Last edited:
I know your kind likes to post pass block win rate 31st and think it's actual reflection of the line, but it really doesn't make sense as it goes by 2.5 seconds, and the line is built on RPO/quick throws, so it makes no sense as passes are off before then. PFF had them ranked 20th. That seems much more reasonable.

Let's not forget Burrow went to the Super Bowl with an offensive line with a worse % of pass block win rate.
Dude our OL sucked last year. Ever single metric said so. Just watch the damn games. Especially after the injuries piled up. They provided zero pocket for a pocket QB. Your hatred for Tua has made you blind.

Look at early season vs late season. Tua was throwing the ball on average of 2.6 to 2.7 seconds early on which is still top 5 for getting the ball out. First half he was leading for MVP and we were shredding teams. The second half (after injuries) was close to 2 seconds as he ended at like 2.2 seconds. Only 2 QB were under 2.5. Also at the end of the season teams stopped blitzing. Why blitz when you can get home all day with 4. Hell Buffalo blitzed 1 damn time in the late season game. Sorry no QB can consistently look good with 2 seconds to throw vs 7 man coverage.

Dude our OL sucked last year. Ever single metric said so. Just watch the damn games. Especially after the injuries piled up. They provided zero pocket for a pocket QB. Your hatred for Tua has made you blind.

Look at early season vs late season. Tua was throwing the ball on average of 2.6 to 2.7 seconds early on which is still top 5 for getting the ball out. First half he was leading for MVP and we were shredding teams. The second half (after injuries) was close to 2 seconds as he ended at like 2.2 seconds. Only 2 QB were under 2.5. Also at the end of the season teams stopped blitzing. Why blitz when you can get home all day with 4. Hell Buffalo blitzed 1 damn time in the late season game. Sorry no QB can consistently look good with 2 seconds to throw vs 7 man coverage.
That's because they started facing good teams in the 2nd half. Tua had some of the most time he's had all season in KC playoff game (2.32 seasonal average vs 2.52 in playoff game) and was pressured at a rate (14%) less than his seasonal average (15.7% PFR). It's not about time. The pass blocking isn't really important to this offense. If they thought it was, they would have gotten a different center.

Folks want to blame the line, but it's really much more complicated than that, and I got news for you people. The pass blocking isn't getting any better next season.

That's because they started facing good teams in the 2nd half. Tua had some of the most time he's had all season in KC playoff game (2.32 seasonal average vs 2.52 in playoff game) and was pressured at a rate (14%) less than his seasonal average (15.7% PFR). It's not about time. The pass blocking isn't really important to this offense. If they thought it was, they would have gotten a different center.

Folks want to blame the line, but it's really much more complicated than that, and I got news for you people. The pass blocking isn't getting any better next season.
Haha. Pass blocking isn't important to this offense. Whatever your right it is all Tua he sucks. We don't need OL. Folks we are the only offense in the history of the NFL were the OL doesn't matter. Done even attempting to talk football with you it is pointless.

Haha. Pass blocking isn't important to this offense. Whatever your right it is all Tua he sucks. We don't need OL. Folks we are the only offense in the history of the NFL were the OL doesn't matter. Done even attempting to talk football with you it is pointless.
Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom