my wife thinks i'm nuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my wife thinks i'm nuts

tommyp

Active Roster
Reaction score
so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
glad the dolphins won but it was literally painful to watch our defense.. lol
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.
gimme some stories so i can tell her i'm not that nuts... lol

let's go fins

so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.

let's go fins
Way to brave the pain, to watch our team WIN, nice job Bro, High Five 😂

In the age of options including DVRs and streaming the game after it's played, I would agree with your wife. Get the medical stuff looked at and then come home and watch the game. Glad to hear you're doing better. Then again, my biggest softball injury on record, is I once pulled both hamstrings on the same play. I think I invented the Jaylen Waddle "Waddle dance" more than 30 years ago and didn't know it. Walked that way for 2 or 3 weeks.

In the age of options including DVRs and streaming the game after it's played, I would agree with your wife. Get the medical stuff looked at and then come home and watch the game. Glad to hear you're doing better. Then again, my biggest softball injury on record, is I once pulled both hamstrings on the same play. I think I invented the Jaylen Waddle "Waddle dance" more than 30 years ago and didn't know it. Walked that way for 2 or 3 weeks.
Yikes can't imagine pulling both hammies at the same time 😭

oh man, 2 hammies on one play.. that's gotta hurt.. stay well

So you broke a bone and we won? Well now
You have to break a bone every week just to make sure.
lol.. they were talking in another thread about would you settle for 10 consecutive losing seasons for a SB win now.
now the question is which bone will you break for a SB win.. as for me, none.. hurts too much and i'm too old for pain.. lol
stay well

let's go fins
All our wives think we're nuts. They're probably right but we'll never tell them.

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

I am waiting on my surgeon for a surgery date for a severely herniated disc so I am hoping they can do it on the Friday of the bye week so I am not drugged up for any of the Dolphins games. I went to both the Detroit and Chicago games and suffered through them with the back pain but it was worth it to see them win both.

I am waiting on my surgeon for a surgery date for a severely herniated disc so I am hoping they can do it on the Friday of the bye week so I am not drugged up for any of the Dolphins games. I went to both the Detroit and Chicago games and suffered through them with the back pain but it was worth it to see them win both.
hope all goes well with you.. hang in there

Back
Top Bottom