my wife thinks i'm nuts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my wife thinks i'm nuts

When I was a teenager I quit a job to watch the Dolphins game on a Monday night. I worked at a warehouse and we had a lot of orders to pick. There was these huge stacks of paper and we got them done at around 7pm when the supervisor dropped another big stack that would have kept us there for 3-4 more hours. I saw the stack of papers, turned around and walked out.

I dont remember who the Dolphins played that night but they lost lol. Side note... a few weeks later I went to the warehouse to get my last check and the supervisor refused to give it to me. So I jumped through the cashier window, took the check and walked out... again.
thats awesome! Supervisor sounds like a dick. They can't withhold pay you all ready put the time in for

I am waiting on my surgeon for a surgery date for a severely herniated disc so I am hoping they can do it on the Friday of the bye week so I am not drugged up for any of the Dolphins games. I went to both the Detroit and Chicago games and suffered through them with the back pain but it was worth it to see them win both.
Bro I have been through exactly what you are going through now, it Sucks real bad, but the relief from the pain is well worth it. Good luck Bro, hope for many years of no more back problems đź‘Ť

Surgery Monday....you don't have to miss this Sundays game either! Well played! Hope you have a quick recovery.
yes sir,, got lucky with that schedule.. my surgeon is doing 8 operations on monday. i'm first at 5:30am.. hope he gets a good nights sleep.. lol

thanks for your thoughts

so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
glad the dolphins won but it was literally painful to watch our defense.. lol
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.
gimme some stories so i can tell her i'm not that nuts... lol

let's go fins
Bailed on a Logic final exam group study session my Jr year at UM. Wasn’t logical, and we lost.

yes sir,, got lucky with that schedule.. my surgeon is doing 8 operations on monday. i'm first at 5:30am.. hope he gets a good nights sleep.. lol

thanks for your thoughts

Hope he isn't a Brown's fan after they lose................................evilgrin0007.gif

ps - all the best.

This is sort of a strange story, but I'll share it anyway... Week 3 2008. Dolphins playing in Foxboro (yup this was the Wildcat game). I'm tailgating in the parking lot and talking to this women. I was also eating a steak tip at the same time so I didnt want to talk with food in my mouth so I go to swallow the piece of steak a bit prematurely and it gets lodged in my esophagus. I mean I could breathe no problem but I could definitely tell it was stuck. We eventually head into the game and now the piece being stuck in my esophagus is becoming a real problem. I was having a hard time swallowing and my saliva would immediately come back up so that I had to spit it into a cup. I'm in my seats thinking ok I should probably leave and get this taken care of.... and then they unveil the Wildcat. Keep in mind Miami only won 1 game the year before and they were killing the Pats. No way I was leaving now. Sat through the entire game with this piece of steak stuck in my throat spitting into a gross cup. Stayed right till the end and immediately headed for the emergency room after the game. Called my wife and told her to meet me there. Spent hours in the emergency room until they finally could get a gastroenterologist there. One finally arrives and they have to sedate me and go in and down my throat with these tongs to remove the piece of meat from my esophagus. No way I was missing that game though!

so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
glad the dolphins won but it was literally painful to watch our defense.. lol
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.
gimme some stories so i can tell her i'm not that nuts... lol

let's go fins
When I was in my twenties I joined what I would call an ice hockey “beer league.” Play an hour of hockey, then go in the parking lot and drink beer with the guys. Fun.

I had never played before but I was sick of mens lacrosse clubs.

One day I come out to the blue line on a defenseman as he takes a slap shot.

I reach out one handed and poke with my stick. His stick hits mine perfectly perpendicular. All of the energy went up my arm. Immediately I knew something was wrong.

I go to the bench. Said: “can’t move my arm. Going home.”

Someone’s wife or girlfriend helped pull my pads off.

I drank enough to sleep. I went to work (desk job / IT). I am literally one armed. I had the bad arm against my belly.

I start to get up to go to the bathroom, and out of habit put both hands on the desk and push.

POP. The most excruciating pain ever, followed by intense relief.

I had popped my separated shoulder back in place.

My wife called me a dumbass. But I had never separated a shoulder before. I had no idea.

So if you ever do separate a shoulder, forget running into a wall like Mel Gibson. Just push off a desk

This is sort of a strange story, but I'll share it anyway... Week 3 2008. Dolphins playing in Foxboro (yup this was the Wildcat game). I'm tailgating in the parking lot and talking to this women. I was also eating a steak tip at the same time so I didnt want to talk with food in my mouth so I go to swallow the piece of steak a bit prematurely and it gets lodged in my esophagus. I mean I could breathe no problem but I could definitely tell it was stuck. We eventually head into the game and now the piece being stuck in my esophagus is becoming a real problem. I was having a hard time swallowing and my saliva would immediately come back up so that I had to spit it into a cup. I'm in my seats thinking ok I should probably leave and get this taken care of.... and then they unveil the Wildcat. Keep in mind Miami only won 1 game the year before and they were killing the Pats. No way I was leaving now. Sat through the entire game with this piece of steak stuck in my throat spitting into a gross cup. Stayed right till the end and immediately headed for the emergency room after the game. Called my wife and told her to meet me there. Spent hours in the emergency room until they finally could get a gastroenterologist there. One finally arrives and they have to sedate me and go in and down my throat with these tongs to remove the piece of meat from my esophagus. No way I was missing that game though!
I’ve got a fold in mine, so if I’m not careful about chewing, or the food is dry it happens.

Two days before my wedding, I flew down to SFL for the event. Mom is asleep and brother is in town so we bs while I find food.

Skirt steak. Delish. I start in on a piece and I’m not careful. Stuck. I did something dumb and tried to drink water. Now I can’t breath at all. My bro was little at the time, maybe 130lb. Couldn’t do the Heimlich.

So I put my diaphragm on the corner of the counter and he shoves. It comes out.

But I’m still hungry. So I start in again. Same damn thing. This time I don’t drink water. We do the same shove procedure.

Next morning mom says “that was too chewy to eat. I was saving it for the dog.” Doh

Best man bro made the claim during his speech that he save my life twice that night.

If I couldn’t think without oxygen on that first go around, it would have been a bummer of a weekend for everyone.

I used to work on the cardiac floor of a hospital. If you got stuck working the shift during the Super Bowl you at least knew it would be a really light shift. The day after the game, however, was usually heavy as people who experienced heart attack symptoms during the game so often put off going to the hospital until the following morning.

Back
Top Bottom