my wife thinks i'm nuts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my wife thinks i'm nuts

In the age of options including DVRs and streaming the game after it's played, I would agree with your wife. Get the medical stuff looked at and then come home and watch the game. Glad to hear you're doing better. Then again, my biggest softball injury on record, is I once pulled both hamstrings on the same play. I think I invented the Jaylen Waddle "Waddle dance" more than 30 years ago and didn't know it. Walked that way for 2 or 3 weeks.
Nah....final score could be ruined by announcement on Radio or an indefinite amount of other ways!

This is sort of a strange story, but I'll share it anyway... Week 3 2008. Dolphins playing in Foxboro (yup this was the Wildcat game). I'm tailgating in the parking lot and talking to this women. I was also eating a steak tip at the same time so I didnt want to talk with food in my mouth so I go to swallow the piece of steak a bit prematurely and it gets lodged in my esophagus. I mean I could breathe no problem but I could definitely tell it was stuck. We eventually head into the game and now the piece being stuck in my esophagus is becoming a real problem. I was having a hard time swallowing and my saliva would immediately come back up so that I had to spit it into a cup. I'm in my seats thinking ok I should probably leave and get this taken care of.... and then they unveil the Wildcat. Keep in mind Miami only won 1 game the year before and they were killing the Pats. No way I was leaving now. Sat through the entire game with this piece of steak stuck in my throat spitting into a gross cup. Stayed right till the end and immediately headed for the emergency room after the game. Called my wife and told her to meet me there. Spent hours in the emergency room until they finally could get a gastroenterologist there. One finally arrives and they have to sedate me and go in and down my throat with these tongs to remove the piece of meat from my esophagus. No way I was missing that game though!
My story was from the 70’s. Me and my friend was drinking beer and eating at a restaurant that serves great appetizers. I’m eating a piece of meat and then I can’t breathe. So signal to my friend sitting across the table. He reaches across, grabs my throat and moves it up and down. Finally I spit out the meat which was about 12 inches long!

That's bullsh!t. They can't refuse to give you a check.
He said he wouldnt give it to me until he had a chance to talk to me first but didnt have time right then. I already knew what it was... he wanted to scold me for just quitting like that. The funny part about all of it is when I jumped through the cashier window the women who worked in the office were right there and were just like ookkkkk.... there's your check.

My story was from the 70’s. Me and my friend was drinking beer and eating at a restaurant that serves great appetizers. I’m eating a piece of meat and then I can’t breathe. So signal to my friend sitting across the table. He reaches across, grabs my throat and moves it up and down. Finally I spit out the meat which was about 12 inches long!
ya it happens to me quite a bit unfortunately. My wife says I chew my food too fast. Shes probably right.

so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
glad the dolphins won but it was literally painful to watch our defense.. lol
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.
gimme some stories so i can tell her i'm not that nuts... lol

let's go fins
What are the life lessons?
No more softball?
Don’t get married?
Bring a TV (hand held) to the er?
Become seahawk fan?
All of the above?

I have a similar story. Every Sunday morning I play touch football and one day I hurt my finger pretty bad but decided to watch the Dolphins game anyways- that game turned out to be the "Wildcat" game where Ronnie Brown beat down the Patriots. On Monday when I finally went to the hospital turns out I had multiple fractures in my left index finger and a broken tip on another one - totally worth it

I have a similar story. Every Sunday morning I play touch football and one day I hurt my finger pretty bad but decided to watch the Dolphins game anyways- that game turned out to be the "Wildcat" game where Ronnie Brown beat down the Patriots. On Monday when I finally went to the hospital turns out I had multiple fractures in my left index finger and a broken tip on another one - totally worth it
You made my day. You belong in the dolphin fan HOF
What are the life lessons?
No more softball?
Don’t get married?
Bring a TV (hand held) to the er?
Become seahawk fan?
All of the above?
next time I let the ball drop .. I’m 56 yrs old . Lol

She's right, "You Are". 🤣🤣🤣

I'd hate to think what my Imaginary Wife, thinks of Me!!! Lmaooooo.

Im flying (to MIA) right when the game starts Sunday! Wondering if my flight will allow Sunday ticket on Wifi (prob not) American has NFL network though that might have to suffice. I tried to move my flight to Saturday but my job (and my wife) both said no 🤣

Dedication!!!

As much as you donate to the site, I’m sure fishfanmiami would write you a note…

You made my day. You belong in the dolphin fan HOF

next time I let the ball drop .. I’m 56 yrs old . Lol

First mistake you made all thread.

Never let the ball drop.

Catching that puts you in the Over the Hill HOF. Catching the game despite a broken leg gets you in on the first ballot.

so i'm playing softball last sunday morning, left field, and i collide with the left centerfielder on a low line drive between us. can't put any weight on my leg and i'm helped to the bench for a few mins and then to my car to drive home. (left leg was hurt so i could drive).
i need crutches to get into my house and my wife is yelling let's go to hospital but i tell her i want to watch the dolphins. let me ice it and see if it gets better.
long story short, go to dr on monday and i have a fractured tibia and go for surgery this monday.
glad the dolphins won but it was literally painful to watch our defense.. lol
good news is it's a minor surgery and i'll be back, good as new, in a few months
needless to say my wife still thinks i'm crazy but i know others on this site have done some crazy things too just to not miss a game.
gimme some stories so i can tell her i'm not that nuts... lol

let's go fins
We’ve never met, but I assume You have two legs? You made the right choice. I wish you proper healing. And wasnt that a great win for the PHINS?

My son broke his arm during the jets game. I was supposed to be watching him.
Wife came home late and I explained I put him to bed a little sore, it’s nothing.

God I hate the jets

Attachments

• 5F2B4C61-8963-443B-989E-1BF8E1906B8B.jpeg
    5F2B4C61-8963-443B-989E-1BF8E1906B8B.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1
My first injury, I was the pitcher and we were using blue dot softball. That's supposedly the hardest one they make. The batter hits a one hopper right into my face. Too fast too react, I fall down immediately. I go to the ER and had a fracture under my eye. I still made to work the next day but with a black eye. 2nd one was much later and older. Tagged up from 2nd base and heard a pop in my leg. Man the whole back of my leg was extremely black and blue but I still went to work the next day.
This is sort of a strange story, but I'll share it anyway... Week 3 2008. Dolphins playing in Foxboro (yup this was the Wildcat game). I'm tailgating in the parking lot and talking to this women. I was also eating a steak tip at the same time so I didnt want to talk with food in my mouth so I go to swallow the piece of steak a bit prematurely and it gets lodged in my esophagus. I mean I could breathe no problem but I could definitely tell it was stuck. We eventually head into the game and now the piece being stuck in my esophagus is becoming a real problem. I was having a hard time swallowing and my saliva would immediately come back up so that I had to spit it into a cup. I'm in my seats thinking ok I should probably leave and get this taken care of.... and then they unveil the Wildcat. Keep in mind Miami only won 1 game the year before and they were killing the Pats. No way I was leaving now. Sat through the entire game with this piece of steak stuck in my throat spitting into a gross cup. Stayed right till the end and immediately headed for the emergency room after the game. Called my wife and told her to meet me there. Spent hours in the emergency room until they finally could get a gastroenterologist there. One finally arrives and they have to sedate me and go in and down my throat with these tongs to remove the piece of meat from my esophagus. No way I was missing that game though!
We’ve never met, but I assume You have two legs? You made the right choice. I wish you proper healing. And wasnt that a great win for the PHINS?

My son broke his arm during the jets game. I was supposed to be watching him.
Wife came home late and I explained I put him to bed a little sore, it’s nothing.

God I hate the jets
lol.. glad your son is ok and thanks for your well wishes. I hate the jets too
Thanks for sharing your story

Back
Top Bottom