Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

Allen did a good job with the Saints D the last couple years. Yeah his time in Oakland was a disaster though in fairness to him he took over when McKenzie started the rebuild with few draft picks no cap room and little talent so it was a tough situation. But much like Wanny said not an inspiring choice.

I wonder if the interview is also done as they are meeting with Richard tomorrow so they're in the area

Like I said in the other thread Allen was awful with Oakland but it was also an awful situation and he has done a good job of rebuilding his reputation with the Saints. Still not a huge fan yet but hard to argue he doesnt deserve an interview

Dennis Allen!? The guy we got fired in London before Joe Philbin got fired in London?

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

I want a coach with some experience to try to fix this mess, but that's, uh, that's not inspiring.
Yeah.... no interest in Dennis Allen.

It's like the mystery box scene in family guy, but it's manifested into a real life scenario

Does this guy really deserve a secret expedited trip for an interview? Couldn't he have scheduled something and came to Fl,,,weird

Dolphins to interview Saints DC Dennis Allen
8358.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins requested to interview Saints DC Dennis Allen for their head-coaching vacancy.

A defensive assistant in New Orleans from 2006-2010, Allen became the Broncos' DC in 2011 and parlayed that into the Raiders' head-coaching job in 2012, lasting 36 games on the job and compiling an 8-28 record before getting fired after an 0-4 start in 2014. Allen was dealt Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin as his quarterbacks in Oakland, an obvious recipe for failure. He's since turned around a Saints defense that was the worst in history just a couple years ago under Steve Spagnuolo. Allen is only 46 years old and has steadily been rising the ranks again.

He has done a really good job with that defense the past two years. That defense doesnt have a whole lot talent, but they have trended up since a rough start to the season. Number one against the run for most of the season (maybe still). Also being under Payton couldnt hurt.

Back
Top Bottom