Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

everything ive read says that people who coach under Andy Reid usually go on to good things as HC. Eric Bieniemy coaches under Andy Reid, so why on Earth wouldn't we hire him? Why are we wasting time with defensive coordinators who coach bad defenses? Obviously Ross wants a defensive minded coach, but still......there's always Kris Richard.

if we want to hire someone, we better get him signed before he leaves town.

Defensive ranking under Allen

Broncos 2011--#24
Raiders 2012/2013/2014--#28/#29/#32
New Orleans 2015--#32
New Orleans 2016-#31
New Orleans 2017--#14
New Orleans 2018--#10

One top 10 defense and 5 bottom 5 defenses.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you were expecting. A track record like that actually is more reason to give him an interview. It shows that he has improved significantly. So yes, this is real life.

not a fan of Richard....I was looking at why Carrol fired him & he did a pretty horrible job as D-Coordinator his last year in Seattle.
Richard's D was 6th vs passing yards and 6th vs passing TDs in his final year. They were around 20th vs the Run... Thats far from a horrible job IMO...

1. Choice: Urban Meyer
Fallback:
2. Pete Carmichael
3. Mark Richt
4. Matt Cavanaugh

Missed: Mike McCarthy: unfortunately cannot hire him because of the Philbin connection, otherwise he'd be a top choice. Marvin Lewis as well, unfortunately also cannot hire him because of the Lazor and other DC coaches who came from his line. We cannot bring those people back.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. A track record like that actually is more reason to give him an interview. It shows that he has improved significantly. So yes, this is real life.

Not to mention im not sure that Saints defense has as much talent as this Miami defense.

Dan Campbell - C - Saints
Saints assistant/TEs coach Dan Campbell will not interview for the Dolphins head coaching job.

Miami brass is heading to New Orleans to speak with DC Dennis Allen about their head coach vacancy, but they have no plans to interview Campbell, who apparently isn't interested in a Dolphins reunion. Campbell served as the Dolphins' interim head coach after Joe Philbin's firing in 2015, but defected to New Orleans after Adam Gase was hired during the offseason. Campbell already has interviews on the books with Arizona, Cleveland and Green Bay.

I would honestly go with Allen over Richard considering what QB's Allen had in Oakland ....Pryor & McGloin & salary cap hell.

Those Oakland teams were bad. Would much rather bring back Dan Campbell if we are going the NO route.

Dude it took him 7 years to show improvement, that's a red flag to me.

You dont fly to new orleans on the company 747 for a tire check candidate. You call and he comes to miami. There is someone there they feel is top of the list and have true interest in hiring. Who on the saints has the stuff to get a billionaire owner to fuel up his jumbo jet and have him in his house for an interview?

I cant think of anyone that has the kind of coaching chops in new orleans that deserves the owner at his feet.

Back
Top Bottom