Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

Honestly, Dennis Allen is your man if you want to tank. Hue Jackson is getting that Bengals gig apparently, so it's a race to the bottom now.

Gregg Williams is the mystery guy.

Waaay better dennis allen. Greggs defenses have always been good. In fact, if i remember, he was the guy who figured out how to stop the miami wildcat, beating us and leading to new england to adopt his formula and beating it and then the ravens curb stomping us.

Some of ghese prospects like allen and flores and bienemy are down right SCARRY!!

Waaay better dennis allen. Greggs defenses have always been good. In fact, if i remember, he was the guy who figured out how to stop the miami wildcat, beating us and leading to new england to adopt his formula and beating it and then the ravens curb stomping us.

Some of ghese prospects like allen and flores and bienemy are down right SCARRY!!

Totally agree!! Gregg is proven Defensive guy. Look at the change for the browns he did. Say what u want but he is way more qualified than the others we are looking to interview. I want to see my fins a salty punch u in the mouth aggressive defense!!! Look at super team like Ravens! Bears are in the playoffs because of defense.

Hue Jackson to the Bengals? Wasn't the 90's bad enough for that fan base...geez if I were A.J. Green I would demand a trade what a waste of talent.

I think we have a legitimate shot to see something incredible this season. Three teams that, while maybe not explicitly tanking, are clearly not in it to win a championship from the outset. Oakland, Cincinnati, Miami. Oakland has already essentially waved the white flag on their 2019 season, Miami is openly talking about it, and Cincinnati is just one-upping everyone else by looking at Hue Jackson for HC.

If you are talking about Jim, might as well forget about it. Ross would never make a move that would hurt his heart and passion, which is Michigan.

Ross is trying to figure out how to buy Michigan and own that too.

If you are talking about Jim, might as well forget about it. Ross would never make a move that would hurt his heart and passion, which is Michigan.
Not Jim but maybe John is in the picture

John Harbaugh...

Interesting Florio thinks he will be available..
Sticking point he thinks 2 first round picks, and he's right. I can't see that happening but one 1st. I do in a heartbeat. Especially seeing the others available as choices...

" According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, the Dolphins are seriously considering making a formal call to the Baltimore Ravens to discuss a possible trade for current HC John Harbaugh. The price the Ravens will ask for in exchange for their Super Bowl winning head coach will be the sticking point.

Over 11 seasons in Baltimore, Harbaugh has accumulated a 114-77 career record as head coach. His resume includes seven trips to the postseason, three to the AFC Championship Game, and a Super Bowl Victory. He’s routinely fielded defensive units that rank at the top of the league and has managed to launch his team to this year’s playoffs behind a rookie quarterback known much more for his running ability than passing acumen. "

Last edited:

If any Harbaugh it is his brother. I think that is why we r slow interviewing. Waiting to see what happens the Ravens this weekend . They get eliminated then I think we really talk trade. If not on to the backup plans.

He got fired by the Raiders after getting hammered by the Dolphins at Wembley. It'd be very Dolphins to make him our next HC.

I think that if Harbaugh makes it clear to Ravens brass that he just wants to get out of the dysfunctional situation and get on with his career -- and that he won't sign an extension -- then the Ravens certainly aren't going to expect two first round picks. They might not even be able to reasonably ask for one first round pick in that situation.

With that said, I don't know all the dynamics of the situation. It seemed like a split was totally inevitable for a while, but maybe winning recently has mended the situation and they are repairing the relationship?

Dennis Allen....no no no. Come on Ross. And you're flying to NO to talk to the guy? For all that is still good within the Dolphins...please no.

Dennis Allen....no no no. Come on Ross. And you're flying to NO to talk to the guy? For all that is still good within the Dolphins...please no.

For what it's worth, it is not uncommon for college head coaches to be interviewed in secret for NFL head coaching vacancies. If they don't get (or take) the job, they don't want their recruits to know that they have been thinking about jumping ship.

It is entirely possible that Dennis Allen is being given a decoy interview so that Miami can interview a college coach who is meeting them in Louisiana.

For those that don't know that Dennis and the Saints had the second defense against the run, and tied for fifth in sacks. Something the Dolphins have been missing for a while now.

I think that if Harbaugh makes it clear to Ravens brass that he just wants to get out of the dysfunctional situation and get on with his career -- and that he won't sign an extension -- then the Ravens certainly aren't going to expect two first round picks. They might not even be able to reasonably ask for one first round pick in that situation.

With that said, I don't know all the dynamics of the situation. It seemed like a split was totally inevitable for a while, but maybe winning recently has mended the situation and they are repairing the relationship?

Agree with value Ravens would accept over what they would ask for... But IMO a 1st and I wouldn't think twice though try to get a better deal.

Only hitch would have to probably be Grier giving up being the main decision maker..

They lose Sunday and I think it gives us a stronger possibility....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom