Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

He can get us top 3-5 picks in 2020 & 2021 then get canned for a real coach when it's go time. Works for me.

Not every interview is one in which we are expecting to make an offer. Sometimes good franchises interview people just to get their perspective on our personnel and how they see our situation and how to improve it. The flip side of that coin is that it IS an interview, and if the guy dazzles them, he will typically be called back for a 2nd interview. I'm guessing this is one of those. Undoubtedly he has done a great job with the defense in New Orleans this year, and that's really been the big change that allowed them to make the jump from a decent team to a dominant team. It is understandable that we would want to hear what he has to say about our current personnel, division, potential changes, and what he envisions the future to be like for the Dolphins.

It's good to hear multiple perspectives from people who have something to gain by giving you good advice. To these guys it is a shot at their dream … they're giving you their best insight, and these are the guys who understand the NFL inside and out. Getting someone who is in the NFC helps because he isn't really giving away any trade secrets, because they rarely play us, and he's talking about OUR team not his. Just like Vic Fangio, Rex Ryan, Kris Rishard (sp?) and all of the other defensive minds we are interviewing … this is valuable information. Regardless of who we offer and who accepts, Chris Grier and the staff is soaking in all of this insight. It will be used down the road regardless of who we end up hiring.
A voice of reason. Too much complaining about who we don't interview and then who we do interview. The team is doing its homework.

Like there is winning head coaches on the street corner with a sign looking for work.

There are much more attractive coaches available than a guy with a .222 win rate after 36 games.

That's an unusually bad record and I don't see any reason to think that after two plus seasons it was a fluke.

There are much more attractive coaches available than a guy with a .222 win rate after 36 games.

That's an unusually bad record and I don't see any reason to think that after two plus seasons it was a fluke.
Yes at this point I think it is important to keep all options open. Ask Dennis in regard to his past record what happened? What would he have changed and what did he learn from it? His high ranking defense to me merits at least an interview to find out about him brother.

May as well interview Cam Cameron too. He had a wonderful 1-15 record as head coach.
You can’t be so close minded on options already. Need to have a good assortment of talented coaches to get a perspective of what is available. Have I brought in a temporary employee with very little experience however had the right attitude and military background. Yes and it worked out very well. I just think it is too early in the process to close doors with a hard no brother.

Bellichick was 36-44 with Browns

36-44 is signficantly better than 8-28, dude. It's true that you can find examples of good coaches who had disastrous first years, but how many good coaches had disastrous first, second, and third years? I'd be interested to see that.

Not a fan of this unless it's only diligence. Has it been called off?

Dennis Allen!? The guy we got fired in London before Joe Philbin got fired in London?

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

I want a coach with some experience to try to fix this mess, but that's, uh, that's not inspiring.

He has experience as a head coach
Oakland 2012...4-12
Oakland 2013...4-12
Oakland 2014...0-4

8-28 as a head coach...
:)

Back
Top Bottom