Nails | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails

Well it was his first game in Minnesota so I give him that, but if you have seen Whitley play he looks like Perry when he was young and in his prime. That is actually a pretty good mauling guard with good pass protection.

Originally posted by dolfans1988
I tihnk Nails would have been a Alternated OL for the probowl if someone in the OL got hurt from the starters.. but since he got injured they didnt pick him...
He has lost tons of weight thats why he is so much better..

nah they would have picked the overrated Brown from buffalo again.

Originally posted by Jaj
Dude even if he fails, knock on wood that he doesn't we still have McKinney and another strong mauling guard in Whitley. It is not like he is Tony Boselli. If he is ready good, we are better, if not we have two good replacements.

Yeah, one of last seasons best run blocking linemen in the NFL should be easy to replace with an unproven mid-round rookie. No problem. Heck, if Ricky goes down we have Leonard Henry, to run behind one of the rookies. Sheesh! People REALLY need to recognize that our season is dangling on a very thin thread, and that thread is the O-line. ZERO veteran depth leaves us in a VERY dangerous place. Understand, I don't think Wanny could have done anything to signifigantly improve the situation...the FA's just weren't there at the right price...but that's the situation none-the-less.

Originally posted by Danny
I don't agree that Seth played that good. He actually was over match at MINN and didn't do very good at NE either.

He did ok in NE. Minny I think he did an ok job considering it was his first start and he was matched up against probably the best young tackle in the game right now in Hovan.

Ya PhinPhan really he was that good huh? So why is it that most of his yardage was outside the linebackers and he ran quite a bit to the right. Except for that one exceptional stop on Evans I think in New York his pass blocking was average. I mean really average. No really average. You think that we would go downhill all because of one guy. It is not like he is Stone from San Fran or Larry Little in their primes! He is a good run blocker sure but I am sure you never watch any Texas AM as you do not know anything about what it would be like Whitley.

Nails-8.5 run blocking(coming off an injury)
Whitley-7 right now, eigth by the time mid-season rolls around

Nails-6.5 pass
Whitley-6.5

That is how it is. Sure Nails is important but it is not like we are playing the toughest rush defenses in the league early on. We are playing some of the crapiest.

Originally posted by Jaj
Ya PhinPhan really he was that good huh? So why is it that most of his yardage was outside the linebackers and he ran quite a bit to the right. Except for that one exceptional stop on Evans I think in New York his pass blocking was average. I mean really average. No really average. You think that we would go downhill all because of one guy. It is not like he is Stone from San Fran or Larry Little in their primes! He is a good run blocker sure but I am sure you never watch any Texas AM as you do not know anything about what it would be like Whitley.

Nails-6.5 pass
Whitley-6.5

That is how it is. Sure Nails is important but it is not like we are playing the toughest rush defenses in the league early on. We are playing some of the crapiest.

Yeah, because there's no difference between college and the Pro's. The bottom line is thast EVERY rookie is as crap shoot. Until the pasds asre on, asnd the passs rush is coming full blasst, NOBODY knows how well as kid will do. Nails however WAS a key part of our record setting running game. Maybe Whitley can do as well, but right now the only thing he brings to the table is potential.

Yeah, Ricky was running to the right with Nails pulling and clearing out LBs downfield for him. While I think Ricky can run behind just about any line Nails was key to this teams running success last year. I havent seen a guard pull in Miami in ages it was very refreshing to see. Nails had impact last year

I think both Nails and Perry did a fine job pulling last year. Nails got most of the credit but Perry had a lot of key blocks too. I recall at least 4 of Ricky's long runs where Perry had the key block on the play.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Jaj
Dude even if he fails, knock on wood that he doesn't we still have McKinney and another strong mauling guard in Whitley. It is not like he is Tony Boselli. If he is ready good, we are better, if not we have two good replacements.

Jaj, what exactly do you base that on????? :confused:

I REALLY hope McKinney can step up if need be which is likely the case. However he IS UNPROVEN. Bottom line. He's a second year rookie that started a few games that he looked good in at times and other times he looked horrible. That isn't proven. That's a gamble. Again, I hope he improves enough but until we see him line up against some other teams defenders in pads later in the preseason it's a HUGE question mark.

Whitley.... good replacement????
He was just drafted! We haven't seen him do squat!
Strong and mauling???
If you were at any of the camps watching the OL workout with the sleds, he wasn't very strong. I'd say he has a little way to go before he's on par strenthwise. I'm not ripping Whitley, I'm just saying that he is a rookie and more than likely is at least a one year project if not 2.

The team is putting a HUGE gamble on Nails' recovery. I hope it works out but dang..... an achilles injury has always been one of the worst to recover from. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Jaj

Nails-6.5 pass
Whitley-6.5

:confused: Umm, where is this from, and don't tell me from ratings you made on Madden.....

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Yeah, one of last seasons best run blocking linemen in the NFL should be easy to replace with an unproven mid-round rookie. No problem. Heck, if Ricky goes down we have Leonard Henry, to run behind one of the rookies. Sheesh! People REALLY need to recognize that our season is dangling on a very thin thread, and that thread is the O-line. ZERO veteran depth leaves us in a VERY dangerous place. Understand, I don't think Wanny could have done anything to signifigantly improve the situation...the FA's just weren't there at the right price...but that's the situation none-the-less.

Amen brother!
PhinPhan speaketh the truth.
Most teams are screwed in the Ricky Williams going down scenario. The OL however is another situation all together. I can't remember a Fins team that didn't have at least one vet to fall back on for OL. What everyone has to realize as well is that if our line isn't up to par it ups the chances of Ricky getting injured as well. As much as some people think Jay is a pro bowler that can carry our offense, losing Ricky is season ending.

Has Jamie dipped below 400 pounds yet, seriously?...i'm pullin' for him, great guy who tends to "run for the border" a little too often

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Has Jamie dipped below 400 pounds yet, seriously?...i'm pullin' for him, great guy who tends to "run for the border" a little too often

Your post belongs in the smack forum.

His weight has been exactly where the Fins have wanted it.

The whole concept of bringing in "proven" players from other teams is a myth. Players have to adapt to different systems and to playing with other players. No where is this more true than on the O-line. Any vet we could bring in from a different system is no more "proven" than Mckinney or Jerman (who are vet backups). In other words everything is a gamble. Relying on a young guy with improving skills is just as risky as relying on an old guy with diminishing skills. Either way you're hoping that the skill development or deterioration is working in your favor.

No those are not my Madden ratings.

It is not like McKinney is a raw guy. He was very experienced as is Whitley this year. These are the kind of guys that can make and impact in their first year. If we did not have a better option McKinney would have started last year. He was definitely experienced enough at that spot.

Interior line is one of the least important spots other than FB and TE.

Some of you think we are losing Chris Chambers. He is just a guard. Besides who says that his rehab is going badly?

Back
Top Bottom