Nails | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails

Bills fans..Making fun of another teams O-line? Can someone sense irony here?

Nails will probably be back to play in the first week, but if he doesn't come back then the second week for sure. Nails loves playing for the fins and they love him, man we love him(football level of course). Did you see the look he had on his face after they carted him off the field? It didn't really look like pain from injury, but pain from not being able to finish the game. Someone else mentioned here that he lost weight, well that is very good news.

Originally posted by Jaj
No those are not my Madden ratings.

It is not like McKinney is a raw guy. He was very experienced as is Whitley this year. These are the kind of guys that can make and impact in their first year. If we did not have a better option McKinney would have started last year. He was definitely experienced enough at that spot.

Interior line is one of the least important spots other than FB and TE.

Some of you think we are losing Chris Chambers. He is just a guard. Besides who says that his rehab is going badly?

Sheesh...so speaketh the person who gets their football knowledge from Madden and ESPN highlight reels. Ask yourself why a running back and QB that makes it to the Pro-Bowl buys his O-linemen and blocking FB 25k Rolex watches. After that, ask yourself who allowed that DT or LB to blitz THROUGH the line and tackle the RB behind the line of scrimage. Lastly, ask yourself if Wanny would have called three passing plays against New England last season if Jaime Nails was run blocking for Ricky instead of McKinney. The reason they call those positions "forgotten" is because novice football fans downplay the impact of those positions.

Interior line is one of the least important spots other than FB and TE

That is one of the most wrong statements I have ever read about football.

it was fun watching nails run over people looking forward to that again

Originally posted by Chauncey
You know you're in for a world of hurt when Nails is touted as your "best OL last year."

This doesn't say too much about your jills defensive line ,,, Dougy !!!!!!!!:hitself: :roflmao:

Marino1983

We'll see.

Tell Jamie there's 2 for 1 buckets of chicken at KFC next week.

Originally posted by Chauncey

Tell Jamie there's 2 for 1 buckets of chicken at KFC next week.

I bet you found this out from :laughat: S Adams and P Williams huh !! Boy those two could empty every KFC on the east coast with that kind of promotion..... :roflmao:

Marino1983

Originally posted by rafael
The whole concept of bringing in "proven" players from other teams is a myth. Players have to adapt to different systems and to playing with other players. No where is this more true than on the O-line. Any vet we could bring in from a different system is no more "proven" than Mckinney or Jerman (who are vet backups). In other words everything is a gamble. Relying on a young guy with improving skills is just as risky as relying on an old guy with diminishing skills. Either way you're hoping that the skill development or deterioration is working in your favor.

Are you kidding me????

If a guy has proven he can physically and mentally compete at least to a competitive level in the NFL, you are saying that they are no more PROVEN in their skills than a rookie who has NEVER played in the NFL or a 2 year guy who is still developing and has yet to win a job in the NFL. Is that really what you are saying?

If this is true than you would say that bringing in Junior Seau was a waste and a risk because we have unproven Morlon Greenwood and Eddie Moore to start. :goof:

We may very well not be able financially to bring in a proven vet. However, to say bringing in a veteran that has shown a consistent level of play is more of a gamble than depending on rooks and a 2nd year player yet to prove himself is a joke.

Originally posted by Jaj

Interior line is one of the least important spots other than FB and TE.

:eek:

Wow, that's got to be one of if not the most.......
non thought out statement I've ever heard about football.

The OL is the base of an offense. If they suck nothing and I mean nothing will happen. I don't care who you have at QB, WR, RB etc. No O-Line, and you won't score points consistently.
Anyone who has coached or played football will tell you that bottom line, games are won in the trenches.

Jaj is overstating it but Guards are about as valued as safeties. Maybe less. Hence why no guards went off the board in the 1st round. Hell we got the 5th guard off the board in the 3rd and that was during a 3 guards in 7 picks run.

Back
Top Bottom