Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne

No thank you.
With the way this franchise continually wastes late 1st rounders I would take the chance. Would you like a Misi? Harris? Odrick? Our latest late 1st rounder is a project. Sorry but Etienne is plug and play, beats the Hell out of any of the guys above.

I actually enjoy you as a poster and so glad you are back but really the draft is only as good as the guys you choose. If you make good picks that contribute the value is there. A bust is a bust in any round. I would take Ezekiel Elliott for where he was taken compared to Jordan for us. That is two top 3 players. Do I want a RB in the top 5? Hell no but he would have given us more than that POS we drafted.

Just to be clear, yes I will take a stud WR or a Pitts at TE before a RB. On the flip side what do you think of Friermuth?

Last edited:
Harris is great at catching the ball,he is more powerfull than Travis...and picks up the blitz a lot better.
Derrick Henry,Mark Ingram, did ok coming from Bama...
Zeke has been pretty good coming from OSU.
The only time i'd use a first rounder on RB,would be at the bottom of the first round..more years of control.
I'd never give a second contract to a RB....that's where the problems happen.

I wouldn't take a RB in the first round at any point. These guys have trained the system to get that big extension after year 3 because they understand the clock is ticking as soon as they are drafted. Whether you take a guy in round 1 with a 5YO on the table, or u take him in rounds 2-7 . . . if he is good, that's a 3 year deal before extension. Don't use your 5YO potential on a guy who is gonna hold out after 3 years.

Having been fully on the Etienne bandwagon this game put me off a lot. It was a bit of a horror show running between the tackles. I know he was up against a good run D but I'd have liked to see him turn 1 yd into 2 or 3 yds a few times. He's able to make big splash plays no doubt. But he's not great in pass pro either so I'm not sure he'll be a Flores type of guy.

I also would not consider RB in Round 1, I just don't value the position enough to do that.

I would rather spend my picks and cash on OL and pass catchers and shop the bargain bins for RB.

The league is full of good RB's would were drafted late and come cheap.

I sure donā€™t see better than 4.6 on that najee tape

I could see top 50 I donā€™t see it happening before that
That's what I think as well. Maybe early second round based on need, but top 50 sounds about right. I do think Harris is the type of back Miami needs. He can block and catch, which is nice and I think he complements what the Dolphins already have at running back.

With the way this franchise continually wastes late 1st rounders I would take the chance. Would you like a Misi? Harris? Odrick? Our latest late 1st rounder is a project. Sorry but Etienne is plug and play, beats the Hell out of any of the guys above.

I actually enjoy you as a poster and so glad you are back but really the draft is only as good as the guys you choose. If you make good picks that contribute the value is there. A bust is a bust in any round. I would take Ezekiel Elliott for where he was taken compared to Jordan for us. That is two top 3 players. Do I want a RB in the top 5? Hell no but he would have given us more than that POS we drafted.

Just to be clear, yes I will take a stud WR or a Pitts at TE before a RB. On the flip side what do you think of Friermuth?
Pitts is so intriguing. I know Miami is set at tight end, but there could be some discussion in the Dolphins war room especially if Chase, Smith and Waddle are off the board. I don't think that will be the case, though. As of now, I'd love Smith if the team goes wide receiver there.

As to Etienne in the first, you make a great point. If he's the target and the player you want why not? I'm not sure there's that big of a difference between players you get at around 22 and say 41 anyway. Of course, I'd prefer to trade down and get additional picks. I think the Dolphins probably have a handful of running backs they like. Not sure how they will value them.

Any thoughts on Rhamondre Stevenson from Oklahoma? Love his size and physical play. Some character issues might make him an affordable day 3 option.

I enjoy you, too, and I agree that the draft is only as good as the players you choose; however, every pick contains a range of outcomes. You're going to miss on some picks, and some picks will turn into Pro Bowl and All Pro players. Your best chances of hitting on a high-end talent are in the Top 10 > Top 20 > Top 40, etc.. An All Pro WR, OT, CB, or Pass Rusher are just a LOT more valuable than an All Pro RB. They're also a lot more expensive (because they're more valuable). In fact, a great RB can have a negative effect if the playcaller feels pressure to justify the pick by running the ball too much. This has been an on/off issue with Dallas since they drafted Elliott. Yes, he's very good, but he's not so good that he bridges the gap between passing and rushing efficiency.

Freiermuth is more appealing to me - for Miami - than Pitts. I just don't see how Miami would make it work with Pitts and Gesicki - unless Pitts developed into an in-line TE. I value testing a lot for TE. I also value blocking over receiving production. Assuming Freiermuth tests well, I'd start considering him at 2a. If he tests great, I'd even consider him at 1b, but I'd probably lean in a different direction.

Even if I got Smith, Chase, or Waddle at 1a, I'd rather have T. Marshall or R. Bateman at 2b over a RB. There are OL, Pass Rushers, and DB's over Harris or Etienne, too. I'd even favor (S) T. Moehrig over either.

Personally, I'd feel confident I could get a quality RB in the 3rd, but 2b is the earliest I'd go.

He did well against Micah Parsons and Penn State.

Well I'm not sure I see it that way. I'd probably say it was more Micah Parsons did well against Gainwell. What they did was line Gainwell up at WR or in the slot and run bubble screens and quick outs. He was only really matched up against Parsons two times in man coverage. What I'm talking about with Najee Harris is actually catching passes out of the backfield matched up against an elite coverage linebacker like Patrick Queen. Gainwell only really caught 1 pass coming out of the backfield as a true RB against Penn St.

Go watch Najee Harris against LSU last year and see the adjustment Harris made on the TD catch with about 4:53 left in the the 3rd quarter. He had Patrick Queen draped all over him. That's what I mean by covered. There ain't many that can do that.

I guess you really meant to highlight some versatility with Gainwell, but no back catches the ball better than Najee Harris.

Any thoughts on Rhamondre Stevenson from Oklahoma? Love his size and physical play. Some character issues might make him an affordable day 3 option.
I've only seen his highlights, but like him. Honestly, I think he would complement what Miami already has at running back.

I enjoy you, too, and I agree that the draft is only as good as the players you choose; however, every pick contains a range of outcomes. You're going to miss on some picks, and some picks will turn into Pro Bowl and All Pro players. Your best chances of hitting on a high-end talent are in the Top 10 > Top 20 > Top 40, etc.. An All Pro WR, OT, CB, or Pass Rusher are just a LOT more valuable than an All Pro RB. They're also a lot more expensive (because they're more valuable). In fact, a great RB can have a negative effect if the playcaller feels pressure to justify the pick by running the ball too much. This has been an on/off issue with Dallas since they drafted Elliott. Yes, he's very good, but he's not so good that he bridges the gap between passing and rushing efficiency.

Freiermuth is more appealing to me - for Miami - than Pitts. I just don't see how Miami would make it work with Pitts and Gesicki - unless Pitts developed into an in-line TE. I value testing a lot for TE. I also value blocking over receiving production. Assuming Freiermuth tests well, I'd start considering him at 2a. If he tests great, I'd even consider him at 1b, but I'd probably lean in a different direction.

Even if I got Smith, Chase, or Waddle at 1a, I'd rather have T. Marshall or R. Bateman at 2b over a RB. There are OL, Pass Rushers, and DB's over Harris or Etienne, too. I'd even favor (S) T. Moehrig over either.

Personally, I'd feel confident I could get a quality RB in the 3rd, but 2b is the earliest I'd go.
I do think this draft should be the "Tua" draft. Surround him with talent and give him a chance. Miami failed to do that with Tannehill. Don't want to waste the opportunity with Tua.

The draft should be heavy on offense. I'd like to get one of the top three receivers and add another one early as well. Still think Miami needs another quality offensive lineman (center maybe), but hope the team can actually find one outside of the first round.

Somewhere, the Dolphins need to find a quality linebacker. Any ideas on that? Would like your thoughts on Bolton and Collins in particular???

Interesting observations on Pitts and Freiermuth. I do think Freiermuth is the perfect complement to Geisicki, but man is Pitts a talent in the passing game. As of now, he's more big receiver than tight end, but is apparently a willing blocker.

Back
Top Bottom