Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne

Isn't that in range of Henry?

Henry was low 4.5's - and bigger. With a much better vertical jump, which allows him to sustain his top speed for longer distances. That's why Henry never got caught from behind in college and still doesn't in the NFL. A true freak of nature.

Derrick Henry has a gear Najee Harris doesn't have.

People were worried about Henry's height and upright running style opening him up to too many hits but his explosiveness has protected him.

Harris does not have that going for him so you do have to consider how much of a pounding he will take in the NFL.

IF I am drafting a RB I am worrying about his first 4-5 years not so much after that so I would not hold it against him.

Henry was low 4.5's - and bigger. With a much better vertical jump, which allows him to sustain his top speed for longer distances. That's why Henry never got caught from behind in college and still doesn't in the NFL. A true freak of nature.

Derrick Henry has a gear Najee Harris doesn't have.
I agree. Not comparing the two, only in terms of timed speed. You are right. Henry is a freak of nature.

A lot of teams recruiting Henry were going to convert him to linebacker or DE coming out of high school. He's just built differently. He's built for durability.

That pesky Saban guy wanted to keep him at RB though. I'd say it worked out well.

Etienne and it's not particularly close. But I wouldn't touch Etienne until our own 2nd rounder, not Houston's.

A lot of teams recruiting Henry were going to convert him to linebacker or DE coming out of high school. He's just built differently. He's built for durability.

That pesky Saban guy wanted to keep him at RB though. I'd say it worked out well.
I hate to say it..but ..when we signed Derrick...I was one of those ***holes that thought linebacker would be his best position....All that says is "I know nothing"..and Saban is a wizard.

Etienne and it's not particularly close. But I wouldn't touch Etienne until our own 2nd rounder, not Houston's.
Looked GREAT against Notre Dame...

I agree. Not comparing the two, only in terms of timed speed. You are right. Henry is a freak of nature.

I can see a tremendous difference in their speed on the field. They've both had a lot of carries to compare. It's not even comparable.

Harris just had his longest career run this year of 42 yards. Prior to this year his longest run was just 35 yards - with nearly 400 carries.

What is comparable is the way they're built and rushing power. Harris is a physical runner. Like a bull in a china cabinet. That's why we call him the Crimson Bull.

I hate to say it..but ..when we signed Derrick...I was one of those ***holes that thought linebacker would be his best position....All that says is "I know nothing"..and Saban is a wizard.

Don't sell yourself short - he may have been a great linebacker too.

Back
Top Bottom