Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

have to get truly talented playmakers, idc where or when just make sure they are "impact" players...a rb at 18 would technically be "overdrafting" but if you feel that player changes the dynamic of the offense and can contribute immediately at a high level and you dont think he will be there with your next pick pull the trigger...we cant get caught up in drafted too high talk, we need talented players at offensive skill positions desperately and i dont give a damn how grier has to get it done

Numbers were pretty similar. Etienne averaged better than 12 yards per carry in the 2nd ND game, but Harris doesn't score on any of these plays.

yeah there’s a little more run tbru contact there than I expected

agree harris doesn’t score on those Ohio state plays

Id watch out for the Jets with etienne. You don’t take him at 18 they got 2 more cracks at him in front of your high 2nd rounder

Good call - Daniel Jeremiah has the Jets drafting him at 23 iirc.

While Etienne is my favorite, I still some of the other backs, so I wouldn't be too down about missing out on him. DJ has Miami going Chase and then Darrisaw at 18.

Good call - Daniel Jeremiah has the Jets drafting him at 23 iirc.

While Etienne is my favorite, I still some of the other backs, so I wouldn't be too down about missing out on him. DJ has Miami going Chase and then Darrisaw at 18.

haven’t seen darrisaw heard he’s really athletic in the Broncos left tackle mode.

I guess would play right tackle in Miami

seems to be tackle value with pick 18 projections wise

haven’t seen darrisaw heard he’s really athletic in the Broncos left tackle mode.

I guess would play right tackle in Miami

seems to be tackle value with pick 18 projections wise

Yeah, unless a top WR or Pitts falls, OT makes a lot of sense to me. Should be some Day 1 starters available.

I like Harris best, but just get me one of the top 4. Our RBs are garbage. Harris, Etienne, Williams, or Gainwell and I’m doing the happy dance.

Numbers were pretty similar. Etienne averaged better than 12 yards per carry in the 2nd ND game, but Harris doesn't score on any of these plays.

I'm anti drafting a RB in the 1st round...but if we did I wouldn't be mad at Etienne to round out the offense after we take Smith or Waddle. I prefer Waddle. He reminds me of Tyreke Hill. Arguably the most dangerous weapon in the NFL right now.

I think the real trend with RBs not being taken in the 1st is based on a common formula held strong by the NFL in general; only 3 down full tool RBs get 1st Round grades.

Run between the tackles?
Speed to the edge?
Run after contact?
20+ yard runs?
Pass catcher?
Pass protection?

There has not been a lot of 3 down RB1's come out over the last decade. These aren't the days of Priest Holmes, E James, M Faulk, L Tomlinson, E Smith, B Sanders, H Walker, etc, etc

Also, the offensive game has changed. While GMs are looking for those RBs that can plug into RPO and shotgun offenses, they will still salivate when they find the guy who can do it all. For the most part, they've allowed the supply of RB1s dictate how they draft and plan offensively. So many offenses can use RBBC and find interchangeable parts.

Why base on offense around a model of a rare RB1, that can stay healthy for more than 5 years and won't want a Top 3 salary on your team? Who are you going to replace him with when he misses a game or gets severely injured?

It's much easier to find a couple of cheap RBs who can collectively give you the same production without the price tag and can be replaced without much effort.

I like Harris for the Tua connection. I'm all about adding weapons for Tua and building around him. But if we don't draft RB @ 18, it's not the end of the world.

Let's face it, we won by "finding" RBs last year. It would be nice to have an Elite RB, but Flo obviously doesn't need one to win.

People always think that every RB is going to fall but every year a couple of RB's go higher than people thought they would. My two favorites are Harris and Williams. There is a chance Williams is there at 36 but I don't think Harris makes it that far. I understand why some people don't want to take him at 18 and maybe we'll trade down from 18. Hard to say at this point but I hope we don't punt on the RB position once again like we did last year.

You’ve been preaching this all year. With all the RB issues, it’s difficult to defend taking Iggy over a RB with the third 1st round pick.

The bright side has been the development of Gaskins and Ahmen. Granted not everyone believes that is a bright side.

I’m pulling for Williams but will not be disappointed if the Fins take Harris or ETN higher. One of those three and Gaskins & Ahmed as RB2, RB3, and the future is even brighter.

Another UDFA named Williams leads the KC backfield on the way to the SB. Or, in other words, most NFL RB's are good enough.

Back
Top Bottom