Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

I like Harris, but I think there's a better chance Etienne is special, and anything short of special isn't worth a Top 40 pick for a RB. Harris reminds me of bigger, taller Mark Ingram. Really good player, but I don't think many would argue that he was ever an elite RB in the NFL.

Etienne has some similarities to Kamara, but he's faster, and his running style at times reminds me of Clinton Portis - rare speed/burst and the ability to shake off an arm tackle in a tight crease while maintaining enough speed to outrun DB's to the end zone. Like Kamara, though, his ability to make chunk plays in the passing game should prove very valuable.

I really dont like drafting RBs in the 1st unless they can cause matchup problems in the passing game on a consistant basis, so I want no part of Harris in the 1st, especially at #18... Where does Etienne starts making sense for the Fins in your opinion?

I am hot and cold on Etienne. I like the thought of a potential “Alvin Kamara” but yeah I don’t know if that 205 lbs can handle running between the tackles.
What RB on the team was over 200 lbs...and we had them running between the tackles?

I really dont like drafting RBs in the 1st unless they can cause matchup problems in the passing game on a consistant basis, so I want no part of Harris in the 1st, especially at #18... Where does Etienne starts making sense for the Fins in your opinion?
Harris had 425 yards (4 TDs) in the passing game this year so I'm not quite sure where you're getting that Harris wouldn't be good in the passing game. Etienne only had 588 (2 TDs) so it's not a huge difference.

We're trying to draft a running back at that spot, not a wide receiver.

2a is where I feel like I'd be getting good value despite him being a RB. I think he's a top-tier prospect and one of the few special players in the class. It's just he's a RB. I don't see anything that Kamara does particularly better, and Etienne is more likely to score from further out because of that speed.

Harris had 425 yards (4 TDs) in the passing game this year so I'm not quite sure where you're getting that Harris wouldn't be good in the passing game. Etienne only had 588 (2 TDs) so it's not a huge difference.

We're trying to draft a running back at that spot, not a wide receiver.

Harris is certainly a capable receiver. He's just not going to be a matchup problem, because he's not notably faster than good LB's. Etienne is.

Harris is certainly a capable receiver. He's just not going to be a matchup problem, because he's not notably faster than good LB's. Etienne is.
I agree with that, but I feel like he's a more consistent runner and isn't that a better advantage?

2a is where I feel like I'd be getting good value despite him being a RB. I think he's a top-tier prospect and one of the few special players in the class. It's just he's a RB. I don't see anything that Kamara does particularly better, and Etienne is more likely to score from further out because of that speed.

That's where I am with RBs right now, I started off saying I would have no issue taking one at 18, but with our other holes we need to resist that temptation. I will be a little upset though if we miss out on one of Etienne, Harris or Williams. Then your looking at taking a punt on Carter, Sermon, Gainwell or Hubbard and that might not move the needle enough for a unit that needs to get a lot better.

J-off have you done any work on Jaret Patterson yet ? Small school kid with a ton of production, his highlight tape gets me a little damp down there :)

I like Najee better because he can run through contact.

I like Harris, but I think there's a better chance Etienne is special, and anything short of special isn't worth a Top 40 pick for a RB. Harris reminds me of bigger, taller Mark Ingram. Really good player, but I don't think many would argue that he was ever an elite RB in the NFL.

Etienne has some similarities to Kamara, but he's faster, and his running style at times reminds me of Clinton Portis - rare speed/burst and the ability to shake off an arm tackle in a tight crease while maintaining enough speed to outrun DB's to the end zone. Like Kamara, though, his ability to make chunk plays in the passing game should prove very valuable.

Exactly my thoughts on Harris and Etienne. Harris just isn't a big play guy. He reminds me of David Montgomery as well as Mark Ingram in terms of running style. a Very solid/good RB prospect but definitely would not draft in the 1st round. Although Etienne is more explosive I wouldn't draft him either until the 2nd round.

I agree with that, but I feel like he's a more consistent runner and isn't that a better advantage?

I don't agree that he's a more consistent runner, but to answer your question: it depends. We may never see a RB go #2 overall again, and both Harris and Etienne are more consistent runners than Barkley was coming out of Penn State. He's always been a boom/bust runner, but he's an excellent receiving back with elite physical tools. I don't think he should have gone Top 10, though.

That's where I am with RBs right now, I started off saying I would have no issue taking one at 18, but with our other holes we need to resist that temptation. I will be a little upset though if we miss out on one of Etienne, Harris or Williams. Then your looking at taking a punt on Carter, Sermon, Gainwell or Hubbard and that might not move the needle enough for a unit that needs to get a lot better.

J-off have you done any work on Jaret Patterson yet ? Small school kid with a ton of production, his highlight tape gets me a little damp down there :)

I haven't checked him out yet, but I definitely will at some point. His numbers are obviously impressive.

That is precisely the problem with the running game. Grier needs to get serious about running backs. No Kamaras and light gimmicks.
No Kamaras?

No 16 TDs?

No run/catch versatility?

You want a HB...not a weapon.

To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom