Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

Harris is arguably more speedy and athletic than Henry. Henry ran a 4.54 40 time, Harris ran 4.45, and Peterson ran a 4.4.

I am not saying he is those guys. He is comparable to them. Power speed backs. I dont know who Chuck Foreman is.

What I really want to know is who is the best pass blocking RB out of the top RBs, cause that is what gives Flores a hardon.
A "credible source" said Najee Harris ran a 4.45...

I don't believe it. He got ran down and tackled too many times for that to be the case.

At any rate, Flores saw success at RB with the Etienne types...(James White).

I don't really care just so long as we don't pick one in the 1st round.

I prefer Etienne to Harris. We know Etienne has juice - 4.43 and a 37" vert at 199 coming out of HS. Going into his Junior year, the concern was his receiving ability, and he's been the best receiving RB in CFB over the last two years.
4.39 at the NFL combine.

Harris is arguably more speedy and athletic than Henry. Henry ran a 4.54 40 time, Harris ran 4.45, and Peterson ran a 4.4.

I am not saying he is those guys. He is comparable to them. Power speed backs. I dont know who Chuck Foreman is.

What I really want to know is who is the best pass blocking RB out of the top RBs, cause that is what gives Flores a hardon.
I feel a extra inch of dirt being thrown on top of my grave when I hear stuff like “I don’t know who Chuck Foreman is?”
God...have I gotten that old ?

4.39 at the NFL combine.

I like Harris, but I think there's a better chance Etienne is special, and anything short of special isn't worth a Top 40 pick for a RB. Harris reminds me of bigger, taller Mark Ingram. Really good player, but I don't think many would argue that he was ever an elite RB in the NFL.

Etienne has some similarities to Kamara, but he's faster, and his running style at times reminds me of Clinton Portis - rare speed/burst and the ability to shake off an arm tackle in a tight crease while maintaining enough speed to outrun DB's to the end zone. Like Kamara, though, his ability to make chunk plays in the passing game should prove very valuable.

Do you guys think either Etienne or Harris will still be there for our first pick in round 2 ?

That would be ideal to me

Get WR and DE/LB or OT in round one

I like Harris, but I think there's a better chance Etienne is special, and anything short of special isn't worth a Top 40 pick for a RB. Harris reminds me of bigger, taller Mark Ingram. Really good player, but I don't think many would argue that he was ever an elite RB in the NFL.

Etienne has some similarities to Kamara, but he's faster, and his running style at times reminds me of Clinton Portis - rare speed/burst and the ability to shake off an arm tackle in a tight crease while maintaining enough speed to outrun DB's to the end zone. Like Kamara, though, his ability to make chunk plays in the passing game should prove very valuable.

Great post. This is exactly what I’m saying. ETN is a game breaker and he can house it anytime he touches it.

Do you guys think either Etienne or Harris will still be there for our first pick in round 2 ?

That would be ideal to me

Get WR and DE/LB or OT in round one
I doubt either ETN or NH are there at 36. It’s always possible but I would be surprised if one of them was there. If they are we should be jumping for joy and take whichever is bc that would be a steal. I think they both come off the board somewhere between 24-32. That’s the area you see teams jump back into round 1 to grab a player like them bc remember if you take them in round 1 you get that 5th year team option in the contract.

I just worry that ETN may be too light, not the bruiser I feel we need. Don't get me wrong, my daughter goes to Clemson, huge TE fan just wondering.

I prefer Etienne to Harris. We know Etienne has juice - 4.43 and a 37" vert at 199 coming out of HS. Going into his Junior year, the concern was his receiving ability, and he's been the best receiving RB in CFB over the last two years.
Yep. Right on the head.

He’s 210/215 That’s plenty big enough.
looks less,especially in hip area, was 205, it was talked about a bit at Clemson, he is shifty, has speed and great catcher. I heard he hit the weightroom last offseason and got a bit bigger and seemed to run hard this year. just read he was at 199 in August

looks less,especially in hip area, it was talked about a bit at Clemson, he is shifty, has speed and great catcher. I heard he hit the weightroom last offseason and got a bit bigger and seemed to run hard this year.
He’s been running hard since the first time he saw the field as a freshman at Louisville. That game was touted as Lamar Jackson was still the QB and we went into Louisville on prime time Saturday night and smoked them. Late in the game when we were just running out the clock with a big lead they put ETN into the game and dude housed it from like 70 yards out. Back then yes he was small but the last game of his freshman year was against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl in a playoff semifinal game and he got shut down. That offseason our OC Tony Elliott preached to him about getting stronger in the lower body and that’s exactly what he did.

Thats what I really love about ETN. Every year in the offseason whatever he was weak at he worked at immensely and then came out the next year and showed tremendous improvement in that area. Getting stronger after his freshman year. Learning vision and how to let his blocks develop after his sophomore year. Worked on his receiving skills to become a good receiver out of the backfield after his junior year. Came back for his senior year to work on his receiving skills even more and to improve his pass blocking. Every year he improved in all aspects of his weaknesses and that’s all you can ask of any player. To have the drive and want to to get better at your weaknesses.

He was a skinny 180 pounds as a freshman and he’s leaving Clemson at a rock solid 210/215 pounds which he every bit is. His legs are super thick and powerful. He’s not NH as a power runner but he’s more than good enough and shows willingness to use the power he does have. The weight gain has took a tad off his long speed but he’s a much much more complete back now with the added weight and he has no trouble keeping that weight on. 5’11 210/215 is plenty big enough for a 3 down NFL tailback. You don’t have to be 6’2 235. Yes obviously it helps but NH can’t run anywhere near ETN as far as long speed. He doesn’t have the suddenness of ETN either. They’re really completely different backs and that’s ok. Theirs more than one way to skin a cat. Like I said earlier I just think ETN is a more complete tailback and he’ll show it in the NFL as well.

At 18, if both ETN and Harris were on the board, which I think both will be, I'd lean towards ETN. However, at 18, assuming we haven't traded down from 3, and took Smith at 3, the there are bigger immediate issues then RB at 18. I think there is better value at 1B with Javonte Williams whilst getting either a DT, DE, ILB at 18. And I think the Steelers will take a RB, either ETN or Harris as there 1st pick.

Back
Top Bottom