Name 1 NFL player that would make the biggest difference to this team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name 1 NFL player that would make the biggest difference to this team

Jared Lorenzen?

LOL.... oh my god... I saw this so much later but Lorenzen popped in my head right away too... great call

400PoundRunningBackTonyPicardIsBiggestRu-1.jpg

This thread is all well and good and harmless but anyone who wouldn't take the best QB in the game -- whoever they think that is -- has something wrong with them. If I thought I had the second best QB in the game and someone asked me this question I would still take the best QB.

Minute differences in quarterback skill and talent level are worth more than elephantine differences at other positions. I mean, defensive linemen? We've had one of the best pass rushers in the game for the better part of like five years and we're still painting a big yellow line down the middle of the road. The buck stops behind center.

The answer is Aaron Rodgers. Or Peyton Manning. Or Tom Brady. Or maybe Drew Brees or Andrew Luck. There are no other answers. You can like Ryan Tannehill -- you can like him a lot, even. There are no other answers.

Drew Brees :boohoo: ...... he should of been with us. stupid questionable shoulder surgery... Culpepper instead who was on his decline, small hands.

Drew Brees :boohoo: ...... he should of been with us. stupid questionable shoulder surgery... Culpepper instead who was on his decline, small hands.

Culpepper's small brain was a much bigger issue than his small hands.

Not to mention, Tannehill has small hands too. Only 9 in. So you're bound to get some flack for making that a relevant quarterback issue. :lol:

Culpepper's small brain was a much bigger issue than his small hands.

Not to mention, Tannehill has small hands too. Only 9 in. So you're bound to get some flack for making that a relevant quarterback issue.

lol... oh no.... well lets just compare so far

Well Culpepper first true starting 3 years he had: in 43 games... 50 fumbles... 22 lost
Tannehill first three years starting for us he had: in 48 games... 27 fumbles... 11 lost

Culpepper whole career looks like: 105 games, 102 fumbles, 39 lost... which is basically almost averaging 1 fumble a game and losing 28% of them
Tannehill whole three years so far: 48 games, 27 fumbles, 11 lost... which is basically 1 fumble every other game and losing about 22% of them

darn those with small hands.... but Culpepper was just ridiculous with his fumbling issues his whole career

Offseason is boring. Which NFL player would make the biggest difference and why?

I want to say Patrick Willis, but I gotta go with Gronk. The offense has been solid everywhere but the redzone. Gronk would change that.

Zach Martin OLINe or JJ WaTT on the Defense. Both incredible play makers that would lift either side of the ball.........

I am going to play the rules a little differently and use players that could be a viable possibility based on free agency or the high possibility of being released. Going with that I would say Ndamukong Suh. Even if I played by picking anyone in the NFL available or not I still may pick him. That doesn't mean I would give him the hug contract he is going to look for but I think he's the one player in the NFL that could make the biggest impact on this team. Suh is the best at his position and still in the prime of his career. He will draw and beat double teams leaving Wake, Vernon and whoever else lines up next to him with one on one assignments. I know Wake will be 33 and has seen some nicks the last couple of years but most of the time when healthy or at least 80% he is almost unblockable one on one.

Signing Suh would allow Miami to let Odrick walk, and release Starks. Keep Mitchell as he is younger and cheaper than Starks and would be good next to Suh in passing downs and behind him in rotation. See what a healthy Francis or Johnson can do lined up next to him and draft or sign a thumper for MLB. You wanna fix the defense, sign Suh and you are pretty much there with what players are still on the roster.

I honestly think Suh would make a great difference for this team. We need a run stopping power on defense and he is amazing. I think our offense is almost there and those pieces can be found through the draft, but Suh is not a player that comes around in the draft every year.

1089367_o-1.gif

If you put him on the inside, you solve so many of our run stopping issues....he is also excellent as a pass rusher.

Any player at all? Or outside of QB?
Rodgers, Luck, Brady

Anypne who says a player outside the qb position is just being a blind tannehill lap dog.
Tannehill is good top 12 IMO

But the elite qbs elevate their teams. We would be coming off our 3rd straight playoff season with any of the 3 qbs listed. A LB or TE doesn't automatically make us better. But an elite qb does

Back
Top Bottom