Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

kingmofo

Active Roster
Reaction score
Still learning the ropes here, hope this is the appropriate forum for this (or is this more for the Lounge?). Anyways, I would like to hear your biggest heartbreaks as a fan.

From my most heartbreaking to least:

1. The 62-7 loss to Jax as Marino's last game.
2. Ricky going to Australia
3. Fiedler's interceptions - tie between Jets Monday night miracle and his pick 6 in 2001 playoffs at Oakland.
4. The loss to the Raiders in 1984, all my friends were Raiders homers in the 1980s. That was an awesome game, like good v evil almost. Those were some different rules for PI back then!
5. Loss to Montana in the SB. Crazy we never have been back since.

Whenever Marino got injured.
Sea of Hands
Csonka, Kiick and Warfield leaving.
Ricky William's issues as various times.
Detroit drafting Chris Spielman right before our pick, I liked his game in college.

One that still haunts me to this day - The epic playoff game in 1982 vs Chargers. Still remember as a teenager just walking to my room over the OT and collapsing on my bed like I played the game, I was and haven't been since then that emotionally drained watching a sporting event.

One that still haunts me to this day - The epic playoff game in 1982 vs Chargers. Still remember as a teenager just walking to my room over the OT and collapsing on my bed like I played the game, I was and haven't been since then that emotionally drained watching a sporting event.
It's the only game I cried after.

1. Losing MNF to Jets 42-37 after leading 30-7..... and having to stay up till 1AM to watch it happen!
2. Losing in Jax 62 - 7 ..... and the sprinklers coming on during the game to add salt to the wound
3. Marino retiring..... or the fact he was so lame and playing so bad leading up to that day, should have quit sooner
4. Phins letting Wes Welker leave ..... and having to watch the amazing career he had in NE
5. Passing on Drew Brees ...... TWICE!

That Jet's come back on Monday night always kicks me in the balls when I think about it. FTJ.

1. Monday Night Game vs Jets - We had a 23 pt lead and I was sick.
2. When we traded Chris Chambers
3. Drafting Ted Gin/Jamar Fletcher
4. Marino last game vs Jax 62-7
5. 2014 - We went 1-15 (when we beat Baltimore we acted like we won the super bowl. Believe me, I was happy but I felt embarrassed since it was only one game)

1) Marino tearing his Achilles.
2) 2002 loss to end the season against NE
3) SD playoff loss in mid 90's
4) 62-7 (easily predictable given JJs playoff history after the WC
5) MNF loss to Colts when Miami held the ball 45 minutes and Manning threw a few bombs to win the game.
6) Miracle in the meadowlands
7) Wesley Walker Jets OT loss in 1985 or 86

1. Losing MNF to Jets 42-37 after leading 30-7..... and having to stay up till 1AM to watch it happen!
2. Losing in Jax 62 - 7 ..... and the sprinklers coming on during the game to add salt to the wound
3. Marino retiring..... or the fact he was so lame and playing so bad leading up to that day, should have quit sooner
4. Phins letting Wes Welker leave ..... and having to watch the amazing career he had in NE
5. Passing on Drew Brees ...... TWICE!
Jumbo Elliott Arrrghhhh

Just 5? We could do a web series on the heartbreak of being a Miami Dolphin fan.

1. The Monday Night Miracle in the Meadowlands. That game still haunts me to this day as I absolutely despise the Jets more than any other team not just in the NFL but all sports. I was 13 at the time and my grandparents had let me stay up to watch that night. Leading 30-7 they made me go ahead and go to bed. I let about 15 minutes pass and snuck back to the TV and turned it on as the Jets were driving. The rest is history. I sat there and cried my eyes out. My nana found me and felt so bad for me she let me stay out of school that following day.

2. The 62-7 playoff shellacking in Jacksonville.
That game was just hard to understand as a youngster. I remember looking at my dad saying Marino is going to bring us back right. That look on his face was something I’ll never forget. He just had no idea how to explain it.

3. 1994 playoffs at San Diego.
I was only 6 but remember this game vividly. We led almost the entire way only to see it slip away in the final moments. We were having a big family cookout that day and my dad was so disgusted after Stoyanovich missed that he turned the grill over and burned both his hands in the process.

4. Rickys 228 yard performance in snowy Buffalo.
This was a game that was tough to swallow. Ricky was slicing them up and we were leading 21-17 late in the 3rd. Only to see Bledsoe throw 2 deep bombs within about 5 minutes of each other and we never led again. Losing 38-21 in a game we had control of.

5. 2002 at NE.
Losing at NE with a chance to clinch the division and a playoff berth in the last regular season game of 2002. Once again a game we led basically the whole way only to watch Brady snatch it away from us in the 4th quarter. That was the last time the Patriots wouldn’t make the playoffs with Brady at the helm. I know in 2007 they didn’t make it but that was with Matt Cassel. Brady had torn his knee in the 1st game at KC.

I know they’re many many more sad moments in Dolphin history but I stuck to the ones that I saw personally. I’m only 31 and that 94 playoff game at SD is really the first true memory I have of caring and feeling it. I know our history but all that is from stories from my dad and of course YouTube and the internet and all that. It’s been tough but just like all of you here I’ve hung in there. One day we’re going to raise the Lombardi again.

Back
Top Bottom