Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

Lots to work through.

1. Sea of Hands Game - That game felt stolen. Not to mention it kept Miami from possibly going to four straight super bowls. The end of a dynasty and you could just feel that as a fan with Csonka, Warfield and Kiick heading to the World Football League.

2. Loss to SF in Super Bowl - I don't think many Super Bowl teams from that ERA would have beaten the 1984 Dolphins, but the 49ers were that good. I never figured that would be Marino's only Super Bowl.

3. Playoff loss to SD in 1994 - Miami let that one slip away.

4. Loss to NE in 1985 AFC Championship- A stinker of a game for the Dolphins, where a win sets up a rematch with Da Bears, a team Miami matched up well against.

5. Loss to Washington in Super Bowl- one of Shula's greatest coaching achievements was nearly winning a Super Bowl with David Woodley at quarterback. Great game, with the Dolphins Killer Bee defense giving them a chance.

The Phins pushing Shula out the door.
When you have been a fan as long as I have, trust me, there's plenty more...
I was going to mention them pushing Shula out. My grandparents had a disdain for Jimmy Johnson and his lack of 'being a good person' (some stuff about divorcing wife via fax?).

I was a drunk punk 20 something at the time and just wanted my team to win. Looking back, this was really shitty. Was it Wayne Huizenga that brought in JJ?

Losing the AFC Title game to NE is a monsoon.Had the weather not be so awful they would have handled NE.And they certainly would have had a better showing against Da Bears.
Are you talking about when NE brought in their snowplow with 5 seconds left to kick their FG? Too lazy to look up dates, I like to chat from memory. That is kind of hilarious in retrospect.

I was going to mention them pushing Shula out. My grandparents had a disdain for Jimmy Johnson and his lack of 'being a good person' (some stuff about divorcing wife via fax?).

I was a drunk punk 20 something at the time and just wanted my team to win. Looking back, this was really ****ty. Was it Wayne Huizenga that brought in JJ?
Yes it was Huizenga. And yes it was shitty, haven't won a thing since, it's the Shula curse...

Damn, I forgot about your number 5. That was so depressing.

1.marino tearing his achilis.
2. The jets crazy stupid ****ing comeback
3. I'm getting angrier as I list these!!
4. Ricky just up and retiring
5. Our loss to the jags by 100 points
6. The 1-15 season
7. The day we hired gase and each and every game with him in charge
That Jets game was hard to watch. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. It was as if the entire crew were Jet fans.

I am old enough to remember the WFL debacle, losing Csonka, Kiick and Warfield.

Marino's injury.

The blowout playoff loss to JAX.

Losing the classic playoff game to SD.

Losing the AFC Title game to NE is a monsoon.Had the weather not be so awful they would have handled NE.And they certainly would have had a better showing against Da Bears.

I have an extra one,

Keith Jackson's lateral/fumble in the playoffs.
Ah yeah, the WFL thing was a disaster, good mention!

This.

Your number 1 is my #1..I was young..but it's still #1 if for no other reason than my brother (younger) is a Jags fan and always mentions this when we argue about the Dolphins and Jaguars and who is better..first of all he was younger, like 7 during that game and had never watched a football game, yet..but yeah. šŸ˜”
I get that. Living in the Bay Area, I hear a lot about how SF beat Miami in the super bowl. How much better Montana was than Marino etc.

Have to say, I really enjoyed the 43-17 win against the 49ers last year.

1. Riggins breaking free
2 The achilles tendon
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Natrone Means
5. AFC title game vs the Patriots.

Stoyanovich playoff miss- I ran to my room and cried while my dad laughed his ass off making it worse
Marino and the Achilles injury
Losing to Jim Kelly and the Bills in playoffs
Ricky calling it quits

I have to alter my list a bit, I'll switch from the Niner's Superbowl to Washington's. When we lost to Washington I thought it would be a while before we sniffed another and I was devastated, when we lost to the Niner's 2 years later, it was so early in Marino's career I figured we'd be back sooner rather than later and probably a few more times. Boy was I wrong. Riggins demolished us, we had no answer for him...

Back
Top Bottom