Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

Great thread.

#4 for me. Can’t even watch it when they put it on greatest moments shows.

The Carter drop when he was brought in specifically for his hands. What effing luck. Play we wanted. WR we wanted to pass it to. HOF WR drops pass that hits him in both hands in the end zone.

Are you talking about when NE brought in their snowplow with 5 seconds left to kick their FG? Too lazy to look up dates, I like to chat from memory. That is kind of hilarious in retrospect.
No, that was juts a regular season game.

I am talking about the 85-86 season.

The Carter drop when he was brought in specifically for his hands. What effing luck. Play we wanted. WR we wanted to pass it to. HOF WR drops pass that hits him in both hands in the end zone.

Against Minn his former team and it count us the playoffs I believe

I have to alter my list a bit, I'll switch from the Niner's Superbowl to Washington's. When we lost to Washington I thought it would be a while before we sniffed another and I was devastated, when we lost to the Niner's 2 years later, it was so early in Marino's career I figured we'd be back sooner rather than later and probably a few more times. Boy was I wrong. Riggins demolished us, we had no answer for him...
The Niner loss hurt more as the years passed and Marino's window was closing.

Reading all these brings back terrible memories. We are sooo due for some good fortune to come our way!

MNF collapse against Jets is the one that still hurts the most. I remember thinking we had control and I could just watch and enjoy. Then it just fell apart. I couldn't get back to sleep.

I've got way more than 5...but I'll just do 5:

'94 playoff loss to SD. I was there.
'Sea of Hands' loss. Dynasty was over right there. And I knew it at 8 yrs old.
SB XVII loss to Wash. That game was ours. Zero pass completions in the second half.
62-7 beatdown. No worse way for a legend to go out than that way.
SB XIX loss to SF. We sure didn't look like a 14-2 team. 'Joe Cool' dinked and dunked us to death.

Last edited:
1. Free agent Drew brees
2. Ricky retiring (my dad woke me up that morning I was so sad)
3. Jason Taylor playing for Jets 🤮
4. That game vs Denver when we were up like 21ish against peytons Broncos And we let them come back on us we were in playoff contention
5. Same thing as 4 we were up like 28 on the Saints at home and we ended up losing that game

Johnson stripping Marino of audibles and having him sprint to give handoffs was a sickly joke.
This was the nail in the coffin for Marino - right? I remember those old stories that Shula would call in a running play, and according to others in the huddle, Marino said F that and would call something else.

JJ took any possibility of that away was my understanding, and essentially neutered Marino's ability to audible ever again. You don't do that **** anymore, nobody told Peyton NO AUDIBLES, RUN THE PLAY I SAY! Guess to be fair to JJ he tried something different, because it wasn't working for a while. Before they pushed Shula out for the hotness in new coaches in the 90's.

Sea of Hands aka Oakland playoff game 1974
World Football League - Loss of Csonka, Warfield and to a lesser degree, Kiick
Marino Achilles
Marino retirement
1985 AFC Championship - The Phins were better than the Pats and were ready to beat Chicago again.

Back
Top Bottom