Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

Man this thread is depressing lmao

Wellpppahh -

Niners super bowl - my coming out party as a dolphins fan my entire family was rooting for the niners and my dad was dancing to the 49ers rap song every time they would score

Pats AFC championship - the year we beat the bears. I remember watching being a little kid and low key crying with my dolphins NFL huddles stuffed dolphin. Mark duper flipped out and threw his helmet.

All those Bills playoff games/bills dominance - 92 AFC chip at home and we got railroaded. I lump all those games in the same dark place. Minus that Louis Oliver game in Buffalo they owned us

Jacksonville loss - if I had the doloreon I would stop this from ever happening. sad day in history.

Most modern low was probably Bullygate. That was lame.

bonus round: Ray Lucas

Love reminiscing :DWN:

• Losing the Super Bowl to San Fran
  • Losing the Super Bowl to the Skins
  • Somehow blowing a lead to the Chargers and Stoyo missing the last minute FG to win in the in 94 playoffs
  • Getting crushed by the Pats in the AFC championship game in 86 when we would have beat the Bears, again, in the Super Bowl
  • Crushing loss to Jaguars in playoffs/Marino and Offerdahl both getting season ending injuries in the Browns game/Losing to NE in 02 to miss the playoffs when we had the game in hand/ Losing to the Chargers in the 82 playoffs classic/ Any one of the losses to the Bills in the AFC Championship game in 90s

1- Marino never being part of a SB winner as the starting QB, nor even appearing in a 2nd SB.

While not having a ring doesn’t detract from his greatness in my eyes, as he’s still the greatest QB I ever saw play the game, I know how badly he wanted it. And how much we fans wanted it for him, Coach Shula and the org.

2- Losing SB XIX.

As a near 14 year-old, this loss crushed me. I really felt MIA would win. Over time I’ve come to realize that SF was a better all-around team, but I still feel MIA could have beaten them on any given Sunday. It just wasn’t to be on that Sunday in the 49ers own backyard in Palo Alto.

3-Losing SB XVII.

I felt pretty good after the Fulton Walker TD return and we held a lead going into Q4 with the Killer B defense. Then John Riggins happened and I was crushed. Still can’t believe we lost that one. If only we had the Marino-led offense a couple years sooner.

4-Losing the Epic in MIA.

While I took all losses very hard growing up as a kid, often crying afterward then sulking at school for the next couple days, this was the first “super hard loss” that I can remember.

That game was so emotionally draining. And I can‘t hear UVS‘s name w/o being immediately angered.

Making matters worse, I had close family that lived in SD and rooted for the Chargers at the time which made it so much harder to stomach. I still wonder what might have transpired had MIA eeked that game out.

5-TIE -Losing the AFC Championships in 1985/86 and 1992/93 at HOME to NE and BUF respectively.

They may not have won the SB those seasons, but I liked their chances specifically in ‘85/‘86 against the Bears in the rematch. Not so much against DAL in ’92/‘93.

But anything could have happened.

Last edited:
Passing on Brees twice
Ricky's retirement
Ted Ginn Jr.
Ronnie Browns ACL on the Cleo int
Jags playoff loss

• Somehow blowing a lead to the Chargers and Stoyo missing the last minute FG to win in the in 94 playoffs

This one should been part of the tie for #5 on my list.

UGH. They had no business losing that game. That Chargers team wasn't even all that good.
We led 21-6 at HALF! They had so many chances to put the game away in the 2nd half but couldn't score even once! Maddening!

I think MIA could have beaten that Neil O'Donnell led Steelers team in a rematch. They barely lost in OT in Pitt earlier that season.

And they'd have given SF a much better game than SD did.

The playoff loss to Oakland.

The collapse vs. the jesters on Monday night.

The hiring of Jimmuh Johnson.

Saban's lies

Dwight Stephenson's injury on a dirty hit.

OMG I have so many. 1)1982 Divisional Playoff game vs. San Diego. 2)Ricky Williams sudden retirement. 3)The 35-30 lost to Earl Campbell and the Houston Oilers on Monday Night Football 4) The 51-45 loss to the Jets at giants Stadium in 1986. This was bad on 2 fronts. we lost LB Hugh Green to a knee injury in that game after he had 2 sacks in the first half. And the Dolphins appeared to have recovered a Ben Rudolph fumble on the kickoff in overtime. But the refs gave it to the Jets who went on to score the Wesley Walker TD. AND #5. Drum roll please.... 61-7 debacle at Jacksonville. I will not rest until Miami beats Jacksonville as badly as they humiliated this franchise they way they did that day. Thank God no one talks about that game too much and quite frankly I shouldn't do that now either. But Damn it that was bad. The franchise started the nose dive right after that with Jimmy quitting and bringing in Dave Wannstedt. And we all know what has happened since.

Over the past 48 years there have been many. One that sticks out most for me was the loss to Washington. I was more depresses after that game than any other. Still can't look at Riggins getting past McNeil. Ugh.

1. 1994 Season Loss in Playoffs to the Chargers (Dan's last REAL chance at a SB....Stoyo missed that kick...WTF
Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office
)

2. 1992 Playoff Loss at home to Bills...(finally made it to the AFC Championship game and we lose...to the Bills...AGAIN...:DTD:)

3. 1990 Playoff Loss at the Bills...(wasted an awesome 12-4 season...dammit man :CMON)

4. 1991 Season ending loss to the Jets...(after all of the trials and tribulations of the season...the sammie smith fumble against Oilers...the expectations after last season...like the NFL team year vid titled 'blood sweat and tears' we needed that win to get back into the playoffs and here come the Jets and win in OT....we had the win.... it was in our hands and it just slipped away....:bobdole:

5. 1999 Loss to the Jaguars 62-7...(Dan's last game...terrible game and just a sickening feeling getting trounced that way...the Jets 'Monday Night Miracle' BS and stuff could've easily been here but this game was just so terrible and in the playoffs to top it off ....after beating the Seahawks the prior week the way we did....just sad and toxic ☣️...) No need for a video...this thread brings up bad memories enough as it is...

Last edited:
Hmm

1) Playoff loss to the Ravens back when we had McKnight and others at WR. I forget the year. I was a kid and it was the only game I attended with my grandfather who has since passed away in the early 2000's

2) Ricky retiring. I don't blame him but it hurt.

3) That huge loss to the Jags. I didn't get to see prime Marino as a kid much if at all, its one of the first games I remember being really invested in and that sucks.

4) The Monday night loss to the Jets.

5) I'll say it. Watching the Bills kick us around last year knowing it was a win and in type deal, especially knowing their starters wouldn't play the whole game.

1. Jacksonville playoff loss
2. Cam Cameron season
3. Seeing guys like Thomas and Taylor in different uniforms
4. Culpepper over Brees
5. Ricky Williams saga

Back
Top Bottom