Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

I remember all of them but my memory is fading

Losing to the Bills and getting owned last year was the worst thing ever

Revenge next season will be sweet
I know what you mean. I remember very little about that Jacksonville blowout, as the game got out of hand so quickly. I have a vague memory of sprinklers going off.

I know this is a little off topic but:

1. The Monday night game when Howard Cosell announced that John Lennon had been shot and killed in New York City.
2. Loss to Chargers in the epic playoff game - hook and lateral.
3. Loss to Redskins - John Riggins run.
4. 62-7 loss to Jacksonville - Danny boy's last game.
5. The fricken World Football League that destroyed our dynasty. Good bye Zonk.

I was at that game and agreed I was emotionally. spent with a raging headache when it ended, but oddly enough I was disappointed but realized I had just watched an historic game. way to go Andre Franklin
I was 15 so I didn't have the ability to put the game in perspective. I was just so upset they lost after making the amazing come back, Franklin fumbling, and the missed chip shot field goals.

I was 11 years old when Miami lost at Oakland in playoffs when Stabler was going down just to throw a td with 10 secs left.
That must have devastating. I was 15 when the Chargers beat the Fins in OT.

#1) 62-7
#2) 62-7
#3) 62-7
#4) 62-7
#5) Passing on Drew Breese (twice).

1). The Dolphins coming back in the San Diego playoff game and still losing
2). The 3 losses the Dolphins had in the SB. Anytime you get to the SB and lose, it’s hurts more than any other loss
3). Shula leaving as the HC. It was probably the right time but it was an end of an era and it was a sad day.
4). When I heard Jake Scott died. He was always my favorite player from the SB years.
5). Marino retiring because with him at QB, you never felt the Dolphins couldn’t come back and win the game.

I know this is a little off topic but:

1. The Monday night game when Howard Cosell announced that John Lennon had been shot and killed in New York City.
2. Loss to Chargers in the epic playoff game - hook and lateral.
3. Loss to Redskins - John Riggins run.
4. 62-7 loss to Jacksonville - Danny boy's last game.
5. The fricken World Football League that destroyed our dynasty. Good bye Zonk.
The night John Lennon was killed was a night I'll never forget. I was in a state of shock and my mother started crying "why?" Odd to think that he's been gone longer than he's been alive.

This was cool to read everyone's replies. I am learning there are a lot of old timers and young people too.

I missed so many of those heartbreaking moments that others mentioned (good I guess?).

Realized I have been a fan for almost 40 years, but there periods in my life that the Dolphins were not the most important thing at the time and I didn't see. Hell - it was hard to back then, especially living on the west coast and rarely seeing games on TV. Until I could afford Sunday Ticket by the late 90's.

1) Super Bowl 6...Dallas rolled us!

2) 1974 AFC playoffs....”Sea of Hands” ends the Dolphins chance at 3 consecutive world championships and 4th straight Super Bowl appearance. Still feel the World Football league poaching Csonka, Kiick and Warfield caused this great game close loss! Voted the 23rd greatest game of all time by “NFL’s 100 greatest games”

3) 1982 playoffs...Miami vs San Diego...”Epic in Miami”...triple overtime...voted the 4th greatest game of all time by “NFL’s 100 greatest games...the pain of losing this amazing game still sticks in my mind!

4) Super Bowl 17....Dolphins could have won this game if we only had a QB...

5) Super Bowl 19....Montana Vs Marino...Probably the greatest Niners team ever...17-1 San Francisco Vs 16-2 Miami....Dolphins had no running game and no longer had the “Killer Bees”....

Honorable Mention....1985 AFC Championship Game...Dolphins had so many turnovers I lost count...The only team to beat that Great Bears team lost the chance to repeat it in Superbowl 20!

Jax 62-Miami 7....Marino era over!

Last edited:
5 Ha will give you 10 in order

1 The best game I ever went and we lost ....’82 playoff game vs the Chargers,
2 ‘74 playoff loss to the Raiders to end our young dynasty before we lost Zonk Kiick & Warfield,
3 SB versus the Skins immortalized by NFL Films on the run by Riggo over McNeal In the 4th qt.
4 AFC Title Game @ JRS versus the Bills
6 NY Jets Game that ended Dwight Stephenson career
5 San Diego playoff loss Stoyo Choked
6 The Miracle in the Meadowlands J-E-T-S Suck Suck
7 Green Bay Packers win on Araon Rogers last minute drive at JRS aided by Joe Philbin Time out
8 Ryan Tannehill going down with knee injury then tearing it in the come back year.
9 Opening Day of the Flores Era
10 Last Game of the Year vs Buffalo

That’s a tuff list to be from this diehard .

I was going to mention them pushing Shula out. My grandparents had a disdain for Jimmy Johnson and his lack of 'being a good person' (some stuff about divorcing wife via fax?).

I was a drunk punk 20 something at the time and just wanted my team to win. Looking back, this was really ****ty. Was it Wayne Huizenga that brought in JJ?
The Huizenga Curse doomed us. I think it ended when we fired Gase.

I was at that game and agreed I was emotionally. spent with a raging headache when it ended, but oddly enough I was disappointed but realized I had just watched an historic game. way to go Andre Franklin
No man..we lost FB Andra Franklin to a knee injury he never came back from...you meant Uve von Shoman the kicker

Back
Top Bottom