Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most painful moments as a Dolphins fan

Losing the SB to the skins in the 82 season
Losing the SB to SF in the 84 season AND never having being back
The 3 stars leaving for that other league back in the 70's
Losing the playoff game in 81 against the chargers
Marino along with half the defense all getting hurt in the 93 season when we had the best record at 9-2

1. Losing MNF to Jets 42-37 after leading 30-7..... and having to stay up till 1AM to watch it happen!
2. Losing in Jax 62 - 7 ..... and the sprinklers coming on during the game to add salt to the wound
3. Marino retiring..... or the fact he was so lame and playing so bad leading up to that day, should have quit sooner
4. Phins letting Wes Welker leave ..... and having to watch the amazing career he had in NE
5. Passing on Drew Brees ...... TWICE!

#1 I’ll never forget. A terrible evening/morning.

Still learning the ropes here, hope this is the appropriate forum for this (or is this more for the Lounge?). Anyways, I would like to hear your biggest heartbreaks as a fan.

From my most heartbreaking to least:

1. The 62-7 loss to Jax as Marino's last game.
2. Ricky going to Australia
3. Fiedler's interceptions - tie between Jets Monday night miracle and his pick 6 in 2001 playoffs at Oakland.
4. The loss to the Raiders in 1984, all my friends were Raiders homers in the 1980s. That was an awesome game, like good v evil almost. Those were some different rules for PI back then!
5. Loss to Montana in the SB. Crazy we never have been back since.
Man, I’m done with all of that. I’ve had mostly painful moments the past couple of decades, I’m looking forward to this team being good again and creating lots of new good memories…why relive the pain when that’s mostly what we’ve had for so long?

Losing the SB to the skins in the 82 season
Losing the SB to SF in the 84 season AND never having being back
The 3 stars leaving for that other league back in the 70's
Losing the playoff game in 81 against the chargers
Marino along with half the defense all getting hurt in the 93 season when we had the best record at 9-2

In 93 man I swear we would've gone to the SB....that year Dan was on fire and you could sense it...we were going to rock...and we did even without him to get to 9-2....with him the sky was the limit that year....when he went down in Cleveland.....man just... :bobdole:

In 93 man I swear we would've gone to the SB....that year Dan was on fire and you could sense it...we were going to rock...and we did even without him to get to 9-2....with him the sky was the limit that year....when he went down in Cleveland.....man just... :bobdole:
well losing half our defense to injuries didn't help matters.

well losing half our defense to injuries didn't help matters.

Not just the D...Mitchell goes down and we needed 'old man' DeBerg to step up...I still remember him at one point bleeding and busted up...in Dallas I believe it was....

In no particular order:

- The Monday night miracle loss to the Jets.
- The 1994 playoff loss to San Diego.
- The 1993 AFC Championship loss at home to Buffalo.
- The 2002 blown lead at New England in the last game of the season.
- The playoff loss at Jacksonville in Marino’s last game.

The playoff loss to the Chargers in the mid 90's was a travesty.

Miami & Pburgh were the class of the AFC that year. The Super Bowl might have been decent had the phins or squealers gone.

Instead, the Niners stomped a mudhole in the Chargers. It was especially aggravating as nearly everyone here was on the SF bandwagon.

No man..we lost FB Andra Franklin to a knee injury he never came back from...you meant Uve von Shoman the kicker
I'm 99.9% sure it was Franklin who fumbled while the Dolphins were trying to milk the clock in the 4th quarter.

Not just the D...Mitchell goes down and we needed 'old man' DeBerg to step up...I still remember him at one point bleeding and busted up...in Dallas I believe it was....
The Dallas game was the Thanksgiving Leon Lett game. It was the last game the Fins won that season.

1) 1984 Super Bowl loss
2) 1985 AFC championship loss
3) Sea of Hands
4) 1982 Super Bowl loss
5) Being born breech

1. John Riggins 4th and 1 that he broke for the TD in the super bowl.

2. A certain kicker whom I refuse to acknowledge that screwed up the perfect 17-0 score to cap off the 17-0 season.

3. Dan never winning a ring.

4. Dan's last game vs the jags.

5. Losing to the Pats in the playoffs and not getting the shot to sweep the 85 bears in the super bowl.

Back
Top Bottom